Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2015, 05:43 PM

6,885 posts, read 7,887,329 times

Advertisements

Pretty hard to spot a red flag in a 'profile' like that. The red flags are in the actions. Are all those things true? Do you have good manners that indicate good character? Can you actually communicate with a woman? Are you truly emotionally available?

A person with a resume like that can still be an abuser, or just a jerk. Gotta get out there and walk the walk.

Old 07-05-2015, 05:48 PM

10 posts, read 8,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Because most young women don't want to date someone who is old enough to be their father.

Also, your defensiveness about this shows a lack of maturity and understanding about dating and women. It really does. Women in their twenties like dating men in their twenties, that's just the way it is. There are exceptions yes, but they are not the rule. And if a 25 year old marries a 45 year old, when she is 45 she is now married to a senior citizen. Not something young women relish.
Immature explaination on your part. Good bye and good luck you need it.

Old 07-05-2015, 06:05 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firecrackerbday93 View Post
Ok, can someone give a true mature reason why a 20 something woman would not interested in a 40 year old man? The guy can be physically active meaning he is still young to participate in all kinds of activities. He has interests in many things. He would treat the woman nice. He is established more in his career. He will not play games as to a relationship. He seriously wants to have a good relationship. He has a good attitude about things. So what is the problem? Give reasons why he is too old.
When I was 21 years old, I briefly dated a 30 year old. I was an undergrad and he was in grad school at the same university. Even though there was a 9 year age gap, we were both in school. And at the time, I thought he was pretty old. When I was in my 20's, I was starting out in life. I was going out with my friends. I always had a boyfriend - but they were fairly close in age to me. We weren't thinking about having kids yet. We weren't saving for retirement. We weren't getting ready to buy a house. I would have had nothing in common with a guy in his 40's when I was in my 20's.

Quote:
Defend your argument with a mature explaination
Quote:
Immature explaination on your part. Good bye and good luck you need it.
Quote:
Very immature explaination on your part. Good luck with your life. You will need it
These right here are major red flags that weren't mentioned in the OP.

Old 07-05-2015, 06:06 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,437,976 times
I think we know why you're single.

Old 07-05-2015, 06:08 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,601,599 times
Your thread subject line states "...for a woman in late 20s up to mid 30s", but you seem set on trying to find someone in their 20s.

Could you be flexible? Your insistence could be your downfall. Try and open your horizons to other possibilities. She could be in her mid to late 30's and want children as well.

Old 07-05-2015, 06:31 PM

2,157 posts, read 1,443,044 times
Jeepers! At first I thought the thread was serious, now I can't tell.

Finding a decent looking woman in her 20's or early 30's isn't going to be easy for a guy over 40, unless you have quite a few attributes that are above average, here in the USA. Now if you are a rather regular guy, and are set on finding a much younger lady, you could consider trying S. America or Asia, they are often easier graders appearance/age wise...but you still got to be a good guy.

Old 07-05-2015, 06:47 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,516,836 times
I say he gets a yellow card and you put him in the penalty box. Then declare first down and give him some free throws.

Old 07-05-2015, 06:50 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
I say he gets a yellow card and you put him in the penalty box. Then declare first down and give him some free throws.
I'll second that.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-05-2015, 07:27 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,225,473 times
When I was in my 20s, 40 seemed ancient! I would imagine many 20 yr olds might feel the same.

Old 07-05-2015, 07:35 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,635,022 times
Quote:
Please vote and give honest reason for following:

Single guy who just turned 40 on the 4th of July

Single, never married. Was engaged to be married 4 and 1/2 years ag
But engagement fell apart.

Hasn't found the right woman yet. Has dated and has dating experience

Would like to have a family, be a great father and husband

Enjoys attending sporting events.
Likes outdoor activities like boating on the lake in the summer time.
Loves listening to all kinds ofmusic except for country, heavy metal and bluegrass.
Like going to shows at the theater.
Enjoys ice skating in the winter .
Loves to be romantic and flirty on a date.
Has a rewarding career.
Dresses nice and receives compliments from friends and co workers.
Is money savvy
Has a nice home.
Drives a nice car
Loves his parents with all his heart
Like to dine at nice restaurants

Therefore is this guy a good catch or red flag to women for dating where the woman is single from age range of late 20s to mid 30s? Please be honest with your vote
That's all great. Keep in mind, chemistry is not based on a list of your good points. You "click" with someone, or you don't. (That was a general "you").
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships