Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 12:04 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,726,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonata36 View Post
Man, I am old. What happened to at least being in a long-term, commited relationship and having the ability to say "I love you"--not to mention even getting married--before having sex? Then this stuff doesn't happen and you don't feel so badly about yourself...

Oh, well. Get off my freshly-seeded lawn, all you younguns that are actually probably older than I am. Ooops.

"DEM young whippersnappers!!! HOOLIGANS! The lot of them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2011, 12:51 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,315,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimhorky View Post
I have been unoffically seeing this guy for 3 months. I met him through a neighbor friend and we hooked up in some respects the first night we met, although we didn't have sex, we did stay the night together. We exchanged numbers and he has faithfully called me pretty much daily to see what I was up to. This guy however isn't a very feelings oriented guy and I very much am. He is a good person, everyone would say that about him and I see that in him as well. The problem I am dealing with now is what I mean to him. After 3 months of now sleeping together everytime I see him, about 5 days a week, I am starting to question if it is just about the sex. I enjoy the sex as well, but I can do without it also and am starting to feel guilty about it because I fear that our relationship isn't anything more. Should I continue on, end things right now, approach him...?
If you're not feeling any connection to a guy and he isn't putting any effort into doing anything with you then you don't have much of a relationship. It sounds like he's not into you much at all but you've shown you're willing to sleep with him without much effort or commitment out of him so he'll keep coming back for sex as long as it is easy. He's clearly doesn't care much about you as a person though nor is he interested in getting to know you very well so either accept this guy doesn't want a relationship with you and just enjoy the sex or decide you want something which he won't give you and break it off. Either way guys are very unlikely to change their feelings about a girl who is just a booty call for them so don't think any big changes will happen; either accept it for what it is or end it so you can find what you really want with someone else.

Old 05-04-2011, 08:27 PM

1,465 posts, read 5,145,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewels46 View Post
i met a guy on the internet 6years ago we met up 3 years ago and had a wild night of fun (sex) 6months back his girlfriend walk out on him ..we got to toghether and had many weekends together...she brought his car back to him and stayed the night at his as he was driving her back the next day ..he said they slept in the same bed but nothing happened...i met him again this weekend and not sure i believe him ....what do u think ?? julie
He cheated on his girlfriend with you and now you are wondering if he is cheating on you with her?

Old 05-04-2011, 09:14 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,833,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimhorky View Post
I have been unoffically seeing this guy for 3 months. I met him through a neighbor friend and we hooked up in some respects the first night we met, although we didn't have sex, we did stay the night together. We exchanged numbers and he has faithfully called me pretty much daily to see what I was up to. This guy however isn't a very feelings oriented guy and I very much am. He is a good person, everyone would say that about him and I see that in him as well. The problem I am dealing with now is what I mean to him. After 3 months of now sleeping together everytime I see him, about 5 days a week, I am starting to question if it is just about the sex. I enjoy the sex as well, but I can do without it also and am starting to feel guilty about it because I fear that our relationship isn't anything more. Should I continue on, end things right now, approach him...?
People live according to their own personal limits/moral compass. As long as you and him are on the same page, whatever. If not, get yourself out before YOU get hurt. you are all that matters. screw him. well, you already are... but anyway. you know what to do!

and above all, don't feel bad about it. that's the whole point of this thread. you had fun? it was fun? then good. you two are pretty much even. but it's your decision what to do next.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships