Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 05:38 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,766,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
If a girl is in a relationship, what would it mean if she always chatted with another guy on FB? I met a girl through a mutual friend. We "friended" on FB, and have been chatting about different stuff on FB since we met in person(like 2 weeks now). I'm really crushing on this girl but I respect that she has a BF. I heard her and the mutual friend fighting a little about her and her BF's relationship. Maybe it's going bad. What should I think about the fact that she has been chatting with me ever since we met? Is she just trying to be a buddy or is she interested in me? I'm not much for coming between 2 people. I just don't know why a girl would consistently talk to me if she has a BF, and I already told here I was interested in her the first time I met her.
OP:

Exactly what do you want from your friendship with her?

Exactly what does she want from her friendship with you?

So you told her that you were interested in her the first time you met her even though she has a boyfriend.

Exactly what do you expect to happen by telling her that?

Exactly what do you want to happen by telling her that?

Then you find out that her relationship may not be that great.

Exactly what do intend to do now that you know this?

Be honest with your answers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2015, 05:54 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,297,524 times
People and relationships are very fluid. Just relax and go with the flow.

Meaning of course, don't behave in any way to interfere with her & bf. But you can stay friends with her.

Maybe she'll stay with her bf, maybe eventually she'll be single again.

Just hang on, be a good friend, who knows where it may go.

Old 07-07-2015, 05:56 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,794,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1xolisiwe View Post
I've often befriended guys & assumed we were just friends only to find out much later that they were hoping for more. She might just think of you as just a friend she can vent to & maybe get a male perspective on things.
Question for women that think this way...why would you ever think a guy just want to be friends with you? Just because he doesn't ask you out right away? This must be why it's so easy to get thrown into the friend zone, women are assuming.

Old 07-07-2015, 06:01 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,594,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Question for women that think this way...why would you ever think a guy just want to be friends with you? Just because he doesn't ask you out right away? This must be why it's so easy to get thrown into the friend zone, women are assuming.
My two former guy friends told me that they wanted to be friends with me, so that's why I thought it. However, as years went on, it became clear that they wanted to push the boundaries of the friendship and I wasn't ok with that.

Old 07-07-2015, 06:07 PM

513 posts, read 428,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
That was one person not the whole gender! Sheesh! Stop generalizing women. Every women is different just like every guy is different. And I have had guys who only wanted to be friends with me. It happens. Not all guys befriend women just to get something more out of them.

Old 07-07-2015, 06:16 PM

10 posts, read 7,481 times
What to say? i have a bf, yet i have a male friend on fb i talk to regularly,whom i used to date , he dumped me, wants me back, we work together so we have to get along,. ive told him itll always be just feriend unless im not in a relationship, its strictly platonic.....yet....peop[le judge what they want.

Old 07-07-2015, 08:48 PM

1,902 posts, read 1,266,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Apparently not.

But you're okay with tempting someone else's GF?
You clearly don't get it. Thoroughly reread my OP.

Old 07-07-2015, 08:53 PM

1,902 posts, read 1,266,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
OP:

Exactly what do you want from your friendship with her?

Exactly what does she want from her friendship with you?

So you told her that you were interested in her the first time you met her even though she has a boyfriend.

Exactly what do you expect to happen by telling her that?

Exactly what do you want to happen by telling her that?

Then you find out that her relationship may not be that great.

Exactly what do intend to do now that you know this?

Be honest with your answers.
1) I want to see where it goes
2)I can't answer that. I'm not her.
3) So what
4)I dunno. Just to see what her response would be I guess
5) see #4
6) I would like to see where her head is at in regards to me.

Old 07-07-2015, 08:59 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,639,597 times
Why would you be interested in a romantic pursuit with someone whos already in a relationship? Why are you coming between her and her boyfriend, yet pretend - with all your righteous bs about so-called respect - not to want who's taken when the opposite is true?

Walk away. You wanted to be her boyfriend, she has one. Lots of great single women out here.

Old 07-07-2015, 09:01 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,149,223 times
Did you friend each other before or after you met in person? How long have you been talking to her?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships