Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 10:11 AM

20,390 posts, read 14,661,936 times

Advertisements

I have yet to go on a date with a guy and NOT have him attempt to get me out on another. I don't know if all of these men felt sparks, or what. I know I didn't, with most of them.

I cannot even explain this anymore, I thought I knew, but apparently not.

The friend- MASSIVE sparks, and big disappointments. Even after being let down repeatedly in several ways, I didn't want to give up. I have finally did. We are functioning much better as friends now.

OKC date #1: Great intellectual connection. But he had bad teeth and I sensed he wants, deep down, a new Mommy for his young kids. Nope.
(No sparks for me.)

OKC date #2: Our online talks were hot, but he was super twitchy and nervous and overwhelmed me with the details about his comic book preferences and the complex dice systems of some of his roleplaying games. I love nerds. He out-nerded me though.
(No sparks for me in person, only online.)

OKC...whatever...#3: Unplanned encounter at a social gathering, but we'd talked a little bit online. He was really drunk that night. Haven't seen him since.
(Slight physical attraction in person, none in talking/online.)

OKC date #4: Saw him 3 times before he moved out of state. He was into something I wanted help exploring and had a good reputation, not a love interest, but I did appreciate his willingness to share some specialized abilities with me. Learned a thing or two.
(I like & respect him but no sparks, we aren't made for each other.)

OKC date #5: Like the guy, but after first date had no time to see him again for a bit, and some instinct has held me back from making contact again.
(Sparks: yes...plenty...just hesitating for some reason, I'm not even sure why.)

OKC date #6: I flaked, found out something scary about him before possible meeting occurred.

OKC date #7: Lucky Seven... He is not what I usually consider "attractive." He did however engage me with his mind and his conversation. There are several significant incompatibilities, yet there are things about him that drew me and things about me that drew him. And my gut simply said, "Yes. Today is the day, and this is the man. Go for it." And then I found out exactly why I would be wanting to see him again, and again. I'm still trying to figure out how I knew or what it was that got me to let it get to that point...I've got guys in my life asking me for advice with OLD and I cannot tell them what it was about this one that he succeeded where others didn't. It was not so much sparks, as a firework I am not sure is lit, that then blows up in my face when I least expect it.

Did this girl expect sparks? I don't know. I just followed my instincts. *shrug*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2015, 10:38 AM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
SOME GIRLS ARE GETTING FIREWORKS?!!!! Son of a.......
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-08-2015, 10:40 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,924,287 times
the same reason they want the white picket fence, spend their entire lives dreaming about their wedding day, are willing to spend $50,000 on ONE day...

they are sold an idea, a romanticized idea, that just is not true...or very rarely true...thank you hallmark, helzburg diamonds, and lifetime tv....

Old 07-08-2015, 10:42 AM

45,382 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Only on 4th of July!
And New Year's Eve at midnight.

Old 07-08-2015, 10:42 AM

3,349 posts, read 2,847,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
the same reason they want the white picket fence, spend their entire lives dreaming about their wedding day, are willing to spend $50,000 on ONE day...

they are sold an idea, a romanticized idea, that just is not true...or very rarely true...thank you hallmark, helzburg diamonds, and lifetime tv....
Not really

Old 07-08-2015, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
Not really
ok...tell me how most young single women grow up with realistic expectations on marriage and happily ever after...also please tell me what planet I might find these women on...

Old 07-08-2015, 10:51 AM

3,349 posts, read 2,847,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
ok...tell me how most young single women grow up with realistic expectations on marriage and happily ever after...also please tell me what planet I might find these women on...
You paint women very poorly.
Most people know that marriage is not easy.

Old 07-08-2015, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
You paint women very poorly.
Most people know that marriage is not easy.
agreed...I have prefaced before that I am newly separated
I paint the whole marriage industry as poor moreso than women
men buy into stupid marketing crap as well...we are all human after all

Old 07-08-2015, 11:06 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon22 View Post
This is extremely unlikely. Life isn't like the movies.
Probably for the same reason a lot of guys do. And fyi, a lot of girls don't expect fireworks on the first date, depending on the venue. They're only expecting to get to know the guy a little, to see if there's any point in going to a 2nd date.

Old 07-08-2015, 11:17 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,370,179 times
I never went in expecting fireworks for every date. However, I have experienced "fireworks" before the first real date and on first dates on multiple occasions. I knew there was something going on well before the first date.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships