Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2015, 11:52 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I think his intent was to be offensive, but what he doesn't realize that none of the women here really care. It's not like "Oh no! We are losing our men to other countries.... whatever shall we do?!"

We'll argue the moral implications of going to poor countries to essentially buy women into marriage, but personally? Just a fun exercise to argue. I've heard so much about those countries from the pilots and crew, and those women are pretty calculating. No not all of them by a long shot, but the ones who want to date Americans and other first world countries.
I just think it's funny every time we get a thread like this. "Western women suck so I'm going to go find an (insert nationality here) woman because they are so much better and will actually appreciate me for the amazing man that I am!" Okay - then go! Best of luck!

Old 07-24-2015, 11:53 AM

24 posts, read 33,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I don't care about men going abroad. I don't even know any men going abroad. I would assume I would be invisible and irrelevant to them since they don't know me. And if they did know me, it would be very strange for them to care about how I feel seeing as how I'm happily married…

But it seems that you want us to care about you going abroad. It seems that you want us to feel bad about it and about ourselves. We are simply telling you that we don't care. If the women here don't want you and if you feel that the women overseas do want you - then go. If your want to go - just go! Seriously - just go! When is your moving date? Have you looked into getting your visa yet? Have you looked into where you are going to live?
It's funny how much effort you're putting into telling someone that you don't feel bad about something that no one is trying to make you feel bad about.

Old 07-24-2015, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonsaid View Post
It's funny how much effort you're putting into telling someone that you don't feel bad about something that no one is trying to make you feel bad about.
It doesn't feel like effort… Just typing some words.

If you want to believe that you aren't trying to make anyone feel bad - then that's great! I mean, your posts say otherwise but I'm not going to harp on it!

So, like I've asked - have you looked into getting a visa? Have you set a moving date? What have you done to prepare for your move?

Old 07-24-2015, 11:58 AM

24 posts, read 33,176 times
Quote:
It doesn't feel like effort… Just typing some words.

If you want to believe that you aren't trying to make anyone feel bad - then that's great! I mean, your posts say otherwise but I'm not going to harp on it!

So, like I've asked - have you looked into getting a visa? Have you set a moving date? What have you done to prepare for your move?
Hahahahahahahahahaha!

Old 07-24-2015, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Hahahahahahahahahaha!
So, you haven't done anything to prepare for your move? There might be things that you have to look into. It's not always easy to just move to another country.

Old 07-24-2015, 12:01 PM

321 posts, read 292,662 times
Quote:
I think his intent was to be offensive, but what he doesn't realize that none of the women here really care. It's not like "Oh no! We are losing our men to other countries.... whatever shall we do?!"

Well, you and I and most people know, the men doing these things aren't men that are having any success in the U.S. They can't hack in here, so they look elsewhere. It's no loss to U.S. ladies.

Old 07-24-2015, 12:07 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,607,320 times
dew does have a point, a lot of expats seem to genuinely hate american women for some reason. one of my best friends is like this, it's cringeworthy whenever he has his little outbursts. a recent example: he was working on a project, and his check was lower than he was expecting. his response to this? send a flurry of emails bashing american women to the girl running the project, including pictures of his foreign wife. then he forwarded these emails to a bunch of his friends (including myself) bragging about how he "showed this american woman her place". it was so childish and pathetic, almost comical in a way.

Old 07-24-2015, 01:22 PM

36,505 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Sorry to break it to you sweet lips but I very much doubt that those men who are going abroad to enjoy themselves have much time to care about how you feel. As far as they're concerned, you're pretty much invisible and irrelevant.
Funny how they keep posting on this board about going overseas, and how much better the women are and how awful western women are. I would think, sweet lips, that if they truly didn't care or truly were traveling overseas to "date" they would be too content to be posting this topic over and over and over.

Old 07-24-2015, 01:49 PM

2,669 posts, read 2,090,943 times
Quote:
We'll argue the moral implications of going to poor countries to essentially buy women into marriage, but personally? Just a fun exercise to argue. I've heard so much about those countries from the pilots and crew, and those women are pretty calculating. No not all of them by a long shot, but the ones who want to date Americans and other first world countries.
I don't understand why you are stereotyping a large group of men. Many go abroad to find and marry women of their dreams, not buy them. Many guys find this comment offensive. Isn't this against forum guidelines? I am sure many women will be very upset if you stereotype a large group of women.

Old 07-24-2015, 01:51 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
I just think it's funny every time we get a thread like this. "Western women suck so I'm going to go find an (insert nationality here) woman because they are so much better and will actually appreciate me for the amazing man that I am!" Okay - then go! Best of luck!
If I decided to go get me some cabana boy from Mazatlan, I wouldn't make an announcement here first.

Heck, I probably wouldn't be posting at ALL. All my spare time would be spent rehydrating and stuff.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships