Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 12:59 PM

2 posts, read 1,586 times

Advertisements

Reason I ask is if this means anything of not:

I was walking in my neighborhood, and walking on the same sidewalk as me but opposite direction was this guy who goes to my school. I didn't recognize him at first and I'm not sure he recognized me either as I had a hat and sunglasses on. But when I walked passed him and looked at him, he was already smiling. He had the biggest grin on his face like he knew it was me walking towards me. I didn't say hi because I didn't know that was him and even though he was smiling, his eyes looked straight ahead and not at me.

Perhaps he was just being courteous and he smiles like that to all strangers? It was the first time I had seen him in my neighborhood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2015, 01:10 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,947,750 times
He just left your house after sniffing your panties drawers and was laughing that he passed you right after doing it.

I think you are reading waaaay too much into it especially if he wasn't smiling at you.

Old 07-13-2015, 01:45 PM

2,306 posts, read 1,702,861 times
I smile at everyone... so like funymann said, don't read to much into it. Some people are just happy-go-lucky.

Old 07-13-2015, 01:46 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,961,186 times
Maybe he just smoked some "cigarettes"

Old 07-13-2015, 01:51 PM

4,560 posts, read 5,414,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alameter View Post

I was walking in my neighborhood, and walking on the same sidewalk as me but opposite direction was this guy who goes to my school. I didn't recognize him at first and I'm not sure he recognized me either as I had a hat and sunglasses on. But when I walked passed him and looked at him, he was already smiling. He had the biggest grin on his face like he knew it was me walking towards me. I didn't say hi because I didn't know that was him and even though he was smiling, his eyes looked straight ahead and not at me.

Perhaps he was just being courteous and he smiles like that to all strangers? It was the first time I had seen him in my neighborhood.
I always smile or at least give a pleasant nod to strangers. Whenever I go on my morning runs, when I pass someone going the opposite direction, I always give an acknowledging smile, hello, or wave of the hands. Its just me and I feel like I am just being polite.

My wife NEVER gives a smile because to her, she feels like smiles should be reserved for someone she knows. She may at the most give a "hello" and thats it. Says it feels fake or disingenuine to smile at someone you dont know.

Old 07-13-2015, 01:51 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,171,516 times
Guys, do you smile at strangers?

Nope.

Old 07-13-2015, 02:12 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,730,129 times
No, I don't smile at strangers. Just weird and creepy.

Old 07-13-2015, 02:24 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,449,410 times
I smile to everyone who may happen to make eye contact with me or be in situations that require interaction unless I have reason to not be smiling.

It's a show of good intent/good will not a sign that i have some dubious plan brewing behind my skull

Old 07-13-2015, 03:29 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,124,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
I smile to everyone who may happen to make eye contact with me or be in situations that require interaction unless I have reason to not be smiling.

It's a show of good intent/good will not a sign that i have some dubious plan brewing behind my skull

Me too.

Old 07-13-2015, 04:55 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,344,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alameter View Post

I don't really smile at anyone. Even people I know don't get much of a smile from me.

Some people are just smilers.

Again, like others said, don't read too much into anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships