Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2015, 08:32 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,247,796 times

Advertisements

Waking up in the morning to go to work. It's bs!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2015, 12:51 AM

3,016 posts, read 3,901,018 times
Stray animals that have never known love.

Old 07-17-2015, 05:34 PM

1,886 posts, read 2,218,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
Stray animals that have never known love.
Very true for sure and i feel the same way. Looking outside of the box" and seeing other things besides the obvious is cool. And the old adage that real men don't cry is BS! LOL.

I tend to dwell on some things and seeing homeless elderly people daily...that grinds my gears and sometimes feel overwhelmed with pity for these people.

Surely there is enough wealth in our country to help them? What if one was my mother or father?

I bring these thoughts at home some nights and it consumes to the point of tears.

Old 07-17-2015, 06:08 PM

8,271 posts, read 13,373,882 times
Cried twice in my life. First time when the damn doctor slapped my bare naked arse after he yanked it out of my mom's womb. Second time was, about a day after I heard the news of my dad's passing.

Otherwise, normally, I make others cry.

Old 07-17-2015, 06:21 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,983,037 times
Antwone Fisher.
The Italian bench's reaction to Balotelli's second goal in their semifinal match against Germany at Euro 2012.

Old 07-17-2015, 07:21 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,285,738 times
49ers losing in the Superbowl
49ers losing in the NFC Championship against the Seahawks
Blackhawks losing to the Kings in the 2014 WCF.

Those made me cry... I love sports.

Old 07-17-2015, 10:25 PM

3,424 posts, read 3,328,706 times
I remember studying for and going through the round of interviews for a job I really, really wanted more than anything else. I was on a train on my way someplace when I got a call, offering me the job. Of course I accepted! (Now I'm getting misty-eyed remembering it) I called my then-girlfriend and I was in tears, I was so happy. Strangers were asking me if I was okay, I said I was fine and briefly told them. People were congratulating me. Yes, I'm still working at that job and love it!

Old 07-17-2015, 10:55 PM

3,378 posts, read 4,997,713 times
I've only cried a few times in the last some years.

When a friend died of cancer.
When my grandma died of dementia a few months after my friend.
When I learned that a girl had been leading me on for a year.
Putting down my puppy.

Old 07-18-2015, 05:53 AM

18,151 posts, read 15,578,521 times
I've had a few reasons to cry.

Grief of loss of family or a beloved animal, which is family, too. The worst I went over the edge was when. I lost my Dad. I plumb lost it. been a lot of boved animals, horses, dogs and cats, I had to ;bury, or have put down and bury. It never gets easier. When my lady was traumatized and hurt, in her hospital bed, and feeling like a huge piece of her bad been ripped away, and might be impossible to heal.

Whoever said that a man can't cry, and still be a man, was a fool. Yea, I've had to be the tough guy, the one that stays together, when everyone else is falling apart, fell apart when alone, myself, later. The one who doesn't rate anyone to comfort, other than myself. Was married to a vicious shrew, who ran me down ,if my emotions wouldn't be held down. I divorced her for a reason.

When my new lady was hurt. So bad. It was her female co workers that let me fall apart in front of them, so as not to hurt her more, and reaffirmed my faith and trust in women, yet again, after my pretty little lady did the same. Nurses totally rock the house. Sometimes, a guy needs a little help. Most of the major grief in my life, I took on the chin, me, myself and I. Or with the help of a critter, horse dog even a cat once or twice. Animals are pretty intuitive and tuned in to our feelings.

Our emotions are there for a reason. Crying, laughing, ye old primal scream, all safety valves. Keep us from imploding. Sometimes, they just gotta lift, and let go. It generally tames a pretty traumatic thing to get me to that point, these days. ,But I know better than to try and hold it in, when its time. Sometimes, you have to wait, for a better moment, for someone else's benefit, but not letting it out at all, trying to play the stoic hunter/warrior in a dirty bearskin , will eat you up.

Old 07-18-2015, 06:23 AM

549 posts, read 624,317 times
This video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg-80xIRuNQ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships