Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 07:34 PM

389 posts, read 424,724 times

Advertisements

I think she wants you to pay for entertaining her kids for the night. Ridiculous!! Some people have no common sense. How are you all supposed to get to know each other with her kids there? Makes no sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2015, 07:44 PM

61,243 posts, read 86,123,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurekidd View Post
Maybe her mentioning bringing the kids along was a test to see if you were really serious about her, because if you are, you woulfn't mind the kids at all. If not, do her a favor and don't waste her time.
How he supposed to be serious about her even before a first date? Or even after the first, second or fifth date? That's what wrong with people. They are getting "serious" too soon. Way before they start to know each other
What she is doing is wrong. Mostly wrong for the kids. She is desperate, stupid and selfish.
While there is nothing wrong with having kids AND dating, she should introduce new guy to her kids AFTER they get serious about their relationship.
Kids get attached pretty fast, and suffer when the relationship goes wrong. They can develop serious attachment and trust issues in the future.

Last edited by elnina; 07-16-2015 at 12:18 AM..

Old 07-15-2015, 07:59 PM

6,212 posts, read 3,571,455 times
Ha ha OP thought he was gonna get laid but instead he'll be tying shoelaces and handing out pudding pops...

I'm only kidding! OP this is a red flag. I don't know any single parent who is so cavalier about introducing their children to dates like that. It's also rude to you. If you planned the date you may have certain things in mind and not be ready to meet her kids. They change the whole dynamic. She and her kids may be a package deal but only if you decide to become serious. The first date is for meeting that individual and getting to know them. Was the original date idea to go bowling? My honest opinion is she's using your date as a way to entertain her kids.

Old 07-15-2015, 08:01 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,832,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Ha ha OP thought he was gonna get laid but instead he'll be tying shoelaces and handing out pudding pops...

I'm only kidding! OP this is a red flag. I don't know any single parent who is so cavalier about introducing their children to dates like that. It's also rude to you. If you planned the date you may have certain things in mind and not be ready to meet her kids. They change the whole dynamic. She and her kids may be a package deal but only if you decide to become serious. The first date is for meeting that individual and getting to know them. Was the original date idea to go bowling? My honest opinion is she's using your date as a way to entertain her kids.

Yeah in my case it was about 5 months into the relationship that I was allowed to meet the daughter, and even then it was in a family setting for the mom's birthday party with everyone there.

Old 07-15-2015, 08:11 PM

2,913 posts, read 2,433,723 times
This is very weird. A woman I was in a LTR with in my late twenties had a young daughter and I wasn't introduced to her until we had been seeing each at least a month. I'm really surprised she would even suggest this to be honest and not just reschedule, totally inappropriate. You can't really get to know each other while worrying about entertaining kids.

Old 07-15-2015, 08:12 PM

34,937 posts, read 36,098,155 times
Totally inappropriate of her. Totally.

Old 07-15-2015, 10:57 PM

1,044 posts, read 1,251,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallV84 View Post
What is wrong with people?

I decided to give a single mom a shot, she lives in Denver and is a co-worker of my friends wife. I'm driving to Denver to meet my buddy then I have a date with her later.

She called me a half hour ago and gave me her address, she said she'd have to bring the kids along. I was in total shock so I said ok. I'll go through with it, but I can see this night is heading nowhere fast! I really just want to go home, but I'll power through it I guess.

If there's one thing more annoying than random kids, it's taking those kids bowling.
If she had broken the news differently, and maybe given you a choice, it'd be a different story: "Hi, I'm so sorry about this, but my sitter has backed out and I don't have anyone else to take care of my kids. If you want to cancel, I completely understand."

What do you think your response would have been if you'd been given the choice? (I'd certainly support, "Uh, well I was looking forward to getting to know you, so maybe we can reschedule?")

But you really didn't get a choice, so I salute you for being game. Now that it's in the past tense, hope you'll come back and tell us how the date went!

Old 07-15-2015, 11:20 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,156,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by david0966 View Post
This is very weird. A woman I was in a LTR with in my late twenties had a young daughter and I wasn't introduced to her until we had been seeing each at least a month. I'm really surprised she would even suggest this to be honest and not just reschedule, totally inappropriate. You can't really get to know each other while worrying about entertaining kids.
Wow, even a month seems fast to me. Most women I know pretty much don't introduce a man to their kids unless they are dating for at least four or five months. The only exception is the one sister who met her second husband through their kids.

And this is for women who actually date. I know a few women who canned it entirely until their kids were at least 16, if not 18 and off to school.

Old 07-16-2015, 12:46 AM

957 posts, read 1,056,736 times
It wasn't that bad, had some fun but it was awkward. I will not be seeing her again. I feel like his wife only know the work version of this chick. She's crazy, she even got a little buzzed "since she wasn't driving."

She even invited me to stay the night when I dropped them off. Said she didn't want me to drive back to Vail. I told her I needed to let my dog out, just gave her friendly hug and bounced the hell out of there.

Overall, not as terrible as I thought but definitely not my type. My buddy owes me one. Ha

Old 07-16-2015, 12:49 AM

957 posts, read 1,056,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocopsonite View Post
If she had broken the news differently, and maybe given you a choice, it'd be a different story: "Hi, I'm so sorry about this, but my sitter has backed out and I don't have anyone else to take care of my kids. If you want to cancel, I completely understand."

What do you think your response would have been if you'd been given the choice? (I'd certainly support, "Uh, well I was looking forward to getting to know you, so maybe we can reschedule?")

But you really didn't get a choice, so I salute you for being game. Now that it's in the past tense, hope you'll come back and tell us how the date went!
Yeah, I don't know why I didn't use a line like that, it still would've worked. My mind just went into blank mode after I heard her. I'm kind of dumb like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships