Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 01:58 PM

70 posts, read 57,362 times

Advertisements

I say test the guy and tell him, "Great news - I'm getting laser eye surgery!" the next time you're out. If he suddenly has somewhere to be and you never hear from him again, then you'll have your answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2015, 02:02 PM

6,509 posts, read 8,450,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
Yea that's my plan if he brings it up again.
You're very kind. Very polite. The girls I used to talk to, if I did the weird sh*t this guy is doing I never would have gotten another date. I've been dumped for less. He must have some other redeeming qualities.

Old 07-19-2015, 02:13 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Yes, weird. And annoying, if that experience keeps repeating itself. I guess he thought you looked really cute in glasses. Maybe you should comment that you hoped he'd like you for yourself, your personality and interests, etc. Somehow I don't expect this dateship to last long....

Old 07-19-2015, 02:46 PM

34,037 posts, read 17,056,322 times
Quote:
I mean other than this, I've had a good time with him on our dates.

So what's the problem? Isn't having a good time, a sign you like each other, the true test?

Old 07-19-2015, 03:00 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,477,758 times
He has a thing for women with glasses.........I do too........but not a fetish that would prevent me from dating someone that is attractive, smart, and has their act together.

Old 07-19-2015, 03:04 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
So what's the problem? Isn't having a good time, a sign you like each other, the true test?
On one hand - yes. On the other hand, he's being kind of offensive. I wouldn't ignore that.

Old 07-19-2015, 03:16 PM

2,913 posts, read 2,443,100 times
Yes he does sound weird. The fact that you showed up on two dates with contacts should be enough to get it through his head that you prefer wearing contacts. Actually on the second date he never even should have brought it up. If it happens again I'd definitely not see him again.

Old 07-19-2015, 03:19 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,524,353 times
Quote:
So have been out with this guy from OLD twice. I have 6 pics on my dating profile in which one of them I am wearing glasses (no glasses in the other 5 since I mainly wear contacts). Anyway when this guy and I first started communicating he commented and liked the pic with the glasses. Fast forward to the middle of our first date (which was going well) he was saying how often he meets people that don't look like their pics and then went on to say to me "obviously you're very attractive but I kinda was expecting a girl with glasses", so I told him I don't wear them often and that most of my pics were without glasses, he agreed and said "yea that's a good point", and then told me I had beautiful eyes and that was the end of that topic.

Then second date in the middle of the date again he goes on to say how people often misrepresent themselves on OLD, and says to me "I mean you're adorable" and then babbled something about how he clicked the like button on my pic with the glasses and when he met me, no glasses. So I asked him if he was trying to say I was one of those people who he thinks misrepresented herself and he said "no, I didn't say you". And then went on to ask me how often if ever do I wear my glasses.

Anyway he acts like he's attracted to me but I can't help feeling like he's really disappointed about the glasses thing. When he says this it makes me question whether he really is attracted to me or not, I mean I don't look that different with glasses on. I understand bringing it up once, but every time I see him? Is it weird?

He's trying to tell you he likes you with glasses. I'm personally a sucker for a girl in corrective eyewear.

Old 07-19-2015, 03:21 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,998,989 times
It's weird but not a fireable offense. I had an ex that loved my glasses. Weird, but it was an easy way to make him happy on occasion.

Old 07-19-2015, 04:08 PM

34,037 posts, read 17,056,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
It's weird but not a fireable offense. I had an ex that loved my glasses. Weird, but it was an easy way to make him happy on occasion.
Others seldom see us the way we see ourselves, and that isn't odd. It is individuals being unique.
Everything we wear represents a look, and different people will favor different looks. As long as they treat you well, to admonish them is seeking a problem that does not exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships