Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 10:56 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,191,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
I used to hate the way I looked until my ex boyfriend came around and tell me how beautiful I was.
I stopped being so negative and embrace myself.
Sometimes words help people with their problems.
It's true. But it depends on the person, the insecurity, how long they've been dealing with it, and if they have gotten alot of flack over whatever they're insecure about-bullying.

I receive compliments on the way I look. But I never take them to heart. But then they come from family, friends, and/or other women. So yeah. Counts for very little to nothing lol

OP has said he's told his girl she looks great. But she's not convinced, and may not be for a while to come, if ever. Some people become comfortable if their SO likes them as they are. Like if a woman thought she was ugly, but she ended up married to a good man she was crazy about. She may come to be happy with herself because being as she was brought her the love of her life. It definitely happens.

But I don't think it'll work with the OP's girlfriend, since it hasn't by now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2015, 11:01 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,847,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
It's true. But it depends on the person, the insecurity, and how long they've been dealing with it.

I receive compliments on the way I look. But I never take them to heart. But then they come from family, friends, and/or other women. So yeah. Counts for very little lol

OP has said he's told his girl she looks great. But she's not convinced, and may not be for a while to come, if ever.
Hopefully she does learn to love herself.

Old 07-19-2015, 11:03 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Barnett View Post
My girlfriend admitted she had been stuffing her bras because she's embarrassed about her chest. I still love her for who she is though, she still wants to stuff them when she goes out. Should I let her or try to talk to her about it?

Is this woman your child or your girlfriend?

You do not LET a grown woman do anything she can choose for herself what to do with her body, her boobs and what is contained in her bra and she does not have to ask your permission to do so.

Old 07-19-2015, 11:04 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times
Start stuffing your pants with her socks.
When she asks what you are doing just point out your not happy with your penis and want others to notice it to give your fragile ego a boost to help love your penis again.

But really...have an honest discussion with her about it if you are concerned. Express your concerns

Old 07-19-2015, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Hopefully she does learn to love herself.
Could only hope. I am guessing the lack of bigger breasts is her only issue, or the main one. So she may not be that bad off. Unlike some girls and women who don't like anything about themselves, and think everything needs changing. Face, stomach, butt, hips, hair, etc.

And if worse comes to worse, she can save up for surgery to enhance. And provided she does it, and gets a good doctor, it may do wonders for her confidence.

But some people simply are not happy with the hand they're dealt. So, working to improve and change genuinely does help and is good imo. I say that because some think if you're not happy with how your are naturally made, you'll never be happy. But I can't agree there. Some truly never will be content. Others will have confidence sy-rocket after some work.

Old 07-19-2015, 11:14 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,847,897 times
Quote:
It's true. But it depends on the person, the insecurity, how long they've been dealing with it, and if they have gotten alot of flack over whatever they're insecure about-bullying.

I receive compliments on the way I look. But I never take them to heart. But then they come from family, friends, and/or other women. So yeah. Counts for very little to nothing lol

OP has said he's told his girl she looks great. But she's not convinced, and may not be for a while to come, if ever. Some people become comfortable if their SO likes them as they are. Like if a woman thought she was ugly, but she ended up married to a good man she was crazy about. She may come to be happy with herself because being as she was brought her the love of her life. It definitely happens.

But I don't think it'll work with the OP's girlfriend, since it hasn't by now.
Quote:
Could only hope. I am guessing the lack of bigger breasts is her only issue, or the main one. So she may not be that bad off. Unlike some girls and women who don't like anything about themselves, and think everything needs changing. Face, stomach, butt, hips, hair, etc.

And if worse comes to worse, she can save up for surgery to enhance. And provided she does it, and gets a good doctor, it may do wonders for her confidence.

But some people simply are not happy with the hand they're dealt. So, working to improve and change genuinely does help and is good imo. I say that because some think if you're not happy with how your are naturally made, you'll never be happy. But I can't agree there. Some truly never will be content. Others will have confidence sy-rocket after some work.
You have to get the right surgeon. I see women have DD implants but they are only like 110 pounds before the implants. It looks bad.

Old 07-19-2015, 11:27 PM

Quote:
You have to get the right surgeon. I see women have DD implants but they are only like 110 pounds before the implants. It looks bad.
That does seem a bit much. But I guess if they're happy. Though I could see some back/shoulder issues. But some have that issue. They don't have much, then when they have the chance, they go overboard.

My mother got her implants done. She's a DD now. Her breasts don't look bad. But they do look very fake. But she's happier with them than the way her natural looked after a while. but because she went to some quacks before, she got them lifted multiple times because they didn't hold up, before finally going to a different surgeon and getting the implants.

So surgery is a risk. Always a chance it'll just look like a mess. Even good doctors and professionals louse up on occasion. Hopefully the OP's SO, if getting surgery down the line, won't go overboard, as it can cause issues. Large breasts can cause problems. That's why some women need to get reductions.

Old 07-20-2015, 03:24 AM

7,991 posts, read 5,387,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Barnett View Post
Should I let her ...
I can't get past this.

Let her?

Old 07-20-2015, 09:13 AM

28 posts, read 27,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post
I can't get past this.

Let her?
I'm tired of explaining this so I'm going to anymore...

Old 07-20-2015, 10:11 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
Start stuffing your pants with her socks.
When she asks what you are doing just point out your not happy with your penis and want others to notice it to give your fragile ego a boost to help love your penis again.
I actually LOVE this idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships