Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 03:25 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,994,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaste View Post
Nothing is wrong with them but I guess I like gauging interest and it seems weird that she went from being more engaging conversation than to be very short with me.
I get you. If she'd added a or a pleasantry, it wouldn't feel so terse. I wouldn't sweat it. Just keep it in mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2015, 03:25 PM

881 posts, read 2,252,795 times
Quote:
I texted her this afternoon about her trip today to New Orleans and told her that her mom and her should hit up Cafe Du Monde. She replies "Will do".

It is utterly confusing that I thought we made a connection or at least there was some level of interest to very brief messages. Some girls are naturally introverted and that's her. I've had some girls that showed me minimum interest that I didn't know were into me until the last minute. Her friend seemed to really like me but I think I made the right choice in going after the girl I was more attracted to.

What are your thoughts on this guys?
So she is actually traveling today with her mother? Maybe she doesn't feel like spending time on her phone and prefers to interact with the people she is actually around. It's a bit early to worry about this.

Old 07-19-2015, 03:27 PM

785 posts, read 953,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsualum2004 View Post
So she is actually traveling today with her mother? Maybe she doesn't feel like spending time on her phone and prefers to interact with the people she is actually around. It's a bit early to worry about this.
That's what it sounds like. I mean I get it. When I'm consumed with other stuff I'm bad with texts and short. I have a long lost aunt I want to talk to and catch up with but I have been bad with texting her simply because I've been occupied with other stuff.

So I get that.

Old 07-19-2015, 03:34 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,150,099 times
Some people do not carry out prolonged conervsations via text. I know I don't. It's just exhausting, not to mention impersonal. It's foolish to think that the availability of other technology precludes talking on the phone.

Perhaps she is feeling differently in the light of day or without liquid courage. I feel compelled to bring up yet again that "introverted" is not the same as shy or reserved. You would have no way upon first meeting someone of knowing whether she is introverted.

Old 07-19-2015, 03:37 PM

785 posts, read 953,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
Some people do not carry out prolonged conervsations via text. I know I don't. It's just exhausting, not to mention impersonal. It's foolish to think that the availability of other technology precludes talking on the phone.

Perhaps she is feeling differently in the light of day or without liquid courage. I feel compelled to bring up yet again that "introverted" is not the same as shy or reserved. You would have no way upon first meeting someone of knowing whether she is introverted.
Just something she mentioned about her personality. She explained high energy places make her nervous, but she was extremely comfortable with talking to me one on one and didn't seem interested in leaving and was engaging. Half way through the night she was touching me playfully. She didn't really drink that much. Even at the next venue she got water but I bought her friend a drink.

Thanks for the advice

Old 07-19-2015, 03:47 PM

11,157 posts, read 7,950,508 times
Quote:
Nothing is wrong with them but I guess I like gauging interest and it seems weird that she went from being more engaging conversation than to be very short with me.
Perhaps she was busy at the time and returned your text so you wouldn't come back here and ask why it took so long for her to text you back?

Old 07-19-2015, 03:57 PM

5,294 posts, read 5,233,524 times
What do you want, a novel?

Thats what texting is for, thats why people abbreviate every single word. Its for short notes. Answers to questions. If you want a conversation, call her.

Old 07-19-2015, 03:59 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,845,865 times
To me, you are making mountain over mole hill

Old 07-19-2015, 06:43 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
Quote:
...to short texting?

I don't get it. I approached these two women at a social event / fundraiser this weekend. My friend got them to go to a gay club with us to meet some of our friends. We actually had a blast.

The girl I was into was actually very shy and reserved upon meeting her, but I spent a bit of time talking to her and she opened up to me. She went from not talking as much and not dancing to dancing, playfully touching me (pushing me to do something, making jokes, etc and laughing more.

I walked her to her car but her friend wanted to go eat. She offered to drive us to the place to eat so I was OK. I spent time talking to her outside alone and we talked a bit and seemed to connect.

It got a bit weird about 30 min into eating because another guy invited her to go to this bar but he was extremely forward. She had no interest in him other than a friend. I kinda zoned out of the conversation and she briefly apologized for it all.

I texted her later that I had a great time and we should spend some time together going hiking. She said 'Sounds good. Goodnight'. I know she was very tired so I get that it was a bit short.

I texted her this afternoon about her trip today to New Orleans and told her that her mom and her should hit up Cafe Du Monde. She replies "Will do".

It is utterly confusing that I thought we made a connection or at least there was some level of interest to very brief messages. Some girls are naturally introverted and that's her. I've had some girls that showed me minimum interest that I didn't know were into me until the last minute. Her friend seemed to really like me but I think I made the right choice in going after the girl I was more attracted to.

What are your thoughts on this guys?
I think it seems weird as well.

Maybe give her a little time and see if she wants to go out again?

I've never seen a woman who was interested text like that.. but I suppose everyone is different.

Old 07-19-2015, 06:53 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Texting is cold if you don't know the person well or they don't explain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships