Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 09:29 PM

61,648 posts, read 87,001,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Have you ever actually met in real life?
If your answer is no then you are not in love you are infatuated with the ideal dream life you have created in your mind.
Real life is much different than what is presented to you online, when you learn that you will understand better and I hope you learn it soon.

If you are not ashamed of your new Religion why are you hiding it from your parents?
If you do not follow the rules that go along with your new Religion how do you know you like being in this new Religion?

Mod cut
^^^^ This! Every single word!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2015, 01:23 AM

884 posts, read 1,171,504 times
I am aware that Morocco and Afghanistan are two different countries and that the events in this article happened in the 1950s. But read it anyway because your situation (if it's real) reminds me of the article.

My life of hell in an Afghan harem | New York Post

I mean come on, your life is just beginning, you can find a nice Canadian man and settle down early if you're really determined to marry super young for some reason. I wouldn't be surprised if your online boyfriend had someone he's seeing in real life though.

Old 07-21-2015, 08:20 AM

70 posts, read 57,350 times
For the record, I think that it is creepy that a 20 year old begins a romantic relationship with a 16 year old. I would also like to think that a 22 year old has the sense not to propose marriage to someone he has never spent time with in person, even if the 18 year old on the other side of the proposal is too naive (you hear this world all the time because it is true) to know any better.

If he is so determined to marry you and you really think that he will be a good partner, then have him meet your parents. How hard is it to get a visit (tourist) visa to Canada? Just ask him to do it and see what he says. If he objects to the need or to the cost, then might be a red flag.

What is your plan if you get married, anyway? Go to university? Start a family? Move to Casablanca? Where will you be in 5 years, 10 years, 20 years? If you have never discussed these with your bf, then I have no idea why you want to marry him. If you have not even answered these questions for yourself, then I have no idea why you want to marry at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships