Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 08:18 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,274,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanHalen5150 View Post
Well, maybe I have very few friends myself and not big into my family and we are perfect for each other...

So you only have each other to rely on? That sounds cute in movies, but real life is not built that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2015, 11:03 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
Would you spend all of your time together?

When she isn't with you, is she alone? All of the time? And that's ok with you?

Do YOU have friends and family? When you spend time with them, what do you expect her to do?

Talking to other people shapes how we see the world to a certain extent. What do these people do when they need help (and they will, eventually)? Having just one person to turn to is not a good thing IMO.
I don't disagree with you that there are advantages that come with having friends. There are also advantages to having six months or more of living expenses saved up, but not everyone has the motivation or ability to do so. If you don't want to date friendless people, don't date them but it's not the end of the world.

Old 07-27-2015, 05:07 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,403,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustelid1971 View Post
If they have no friends it means they're not really capable or desiring to emotionally connect with other people, which means they're not relationship material.
Lol, more ignorance I see. Just because someone has no friends, doesn't mean they aren't relationship material.

Old 07-27-2015, 05:16 PM

4,559 posts, read 5,408,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti_Socialite View Post
Would you date a girl who had 0 friends?.
Only if she just arrived in this country for school/work and has not yet had a chance to establish friendships with people.

A woman with ZERO friends is going to be trouble ALMOST as much as a woman who has mostly guy friends.

Old 07-27-2015, 05:24 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,403,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Only if she just arrived in this country for school/work and has not yet had a chance to establish friendships with people.

A woman with ZERO friends is going to be trouble ALMOST as much as a woman who has mostly guy friends.
Or maybe not.

Old 07-30-2015, 01:57 AM

25 posts, read 22,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I'm as introvert as you can get. I live by myself. I go to concerts and dinner alone often. But I don't do everything alone. I have anxiety issues too but I would be in horrible straights if I didn't socialize once in a while. I don't think that someone who does not crave human interaction once in a while is normal. Sorry, not sorry.
But socializing seems different from "having friends" I mean for me, there's people I talk to at work, and I talk to them everyday, we have good conversations, in fact there's probably more than a dozen people I talk every once in awhile, but I don't have anyone I hang out with outside of work.

Old 07-30-2015, 06:31 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,274,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I don't disagree with you that there are advantages that come with having friends. There are also advantages to having six months or more of living expenses saved up, but not everyone has the motivation or ability to do so. If you don't want to date friendless people, don't date them but it's not the end of the world.

Ummm....I'm discussing the topic as presented in the OP.

Don't know where "end of the world" came from.

Old 07-30-2015, 07:02 AM

2,508 posts, read 2,173,857 times
I would have 0 issues with dating a woman who had not friends, whether it was a FWB situation or a LTR situation. In fact, I would prefer this.

Conversely, when I was younger I did have issues when I dated women who had a small group of close friends, since in many cases these busybody/intrusive close friends ended up involving themselves in our relationship - which I didn't appreciate.

In fact, if I were looking for a LTR these days (I'm not), I would be leery of dating any women who has close friends, due to my negative experiences with this in the past.

However, it seems the older women get this is less of an issue (since as people get older, many of their friends are married with their own families, etc.).

Old 07-30-2015, 07:06 AM

321 posts, read 292,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Lol, more ignorance I see. Just because someone has no friends, doesn't mean they aren't relationship material.

Really? You want to have a relationship with someone that can't or won't form emotional bonds with other people?

Go ahead. I like to date people capable of forming such connections.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:07 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,202,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustelid1971 View Post
Really? You want to have a relationship with someone that can't or won't form emotional bonds with other people?

Go ahead. I like to date people capable of forming such connections.
I'm not sure why some of you are taking issue with who other people choose date. It's not your life so it's not your business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships