Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 11:09 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,009,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teritownstp View Post
Well I don't know about that. But it seems to me that many American couples are like that these days and do their own thing. Another perfect example. There are a group of guys who are mid 40s to early 60svand especially the early 60svguysvwho have kids who are married with their own families. And one guy out of that group is never married and another divorced and the rest of them grandparents with their kids bring out of the house. They all went in a 2 week golf outing in Ireland and when they got. Back to the states they kept bragging about how the partied hard at the Irish pubs in Ireland in the evening after the golf games and about the Irish girls that worked at the pubs. How can they be like that? Knowing that some of the people from that group that went have grandchildren and that their wives didn't care about them partying.?there are possibilities that group could have slept around out there in Ireland. No one is trusting anymore. No wonder many people are staying single these days
Oh, we established that many American couples are doing things independently, and therefore we can certainly conclude that a married person, doing something without their spouse, means they are up to some sort of affair or cheating?

riiiigghhhhttttt.

A guy going to a strip club at the invite of a close friend for a Bachelor party has nothing to do with people of a mindset to cheat on their spouse or any sort of ugly societal trend which promotes cheating.

I am sure there are a lot of couples in very loving and healthy relationships and marriages who do things independently from time to time too. It is, really, what healthy individuals do in relationships. Allow their partner to continue to be themselves within the relationship. Generally when this doesn't happen, it is from a person being negatively controlling in the relationship.

One does not need to be attached to their spouse at the hip, nor should they be.

As for the original topic, I would likely beg off my friend's party at the strip club anyway. There are fewer places on earth that gross me out more. If I want to see a naked woman, I need only go home and push the right buttons with my wife.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2015, 11:09 AM

29 posts, read 19,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliwalas View Post
My husband now would never go to a strip club with his friends, let alone spend money on it. Last time he went (that I know of) was when his brother came back from deployment and he just got dragged along and he didn't enjoy his time there (so he says). Then again, my husband is such a home body now, he would rather watch his shows and play video games with his family than go out with his friends.

If you're not comfortable with it, just tell him. Every marriages are different. Every couples have their "do's and don't's" in their relationship. If you think going to a strip club is crossing the line, you should discuss that with him.
That is what a call a dedicated husband. When you marry someone it is supposed to be the 2 couples together . Nothing wrong with staying home and being with the family. Strip clubs are for your single years when you are testing the waters of dating and sexual encounters. Not when you go in front of god and commit yourself to the person who you want to the spend the rest of your life with

Old 07-22-2015, 11:10 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,410,227 times
Quote:
there are possibilities that group could have slept around out there in Ireland. No one is trusting anymore.

But they didn't, and their wives DID trust them, and treated them like adults.

The only one not trusting anyone is you.

Old 07-22-2015, 11:12 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,410,227 times
Quote:
Well how far can you go trusting? Especially a group of guys in a foreign country ???? Come on. Why not take the spouse or other family member to Europe?
Oh what fun that would be, a harpy wife complaining about the men wanting to go out to an Irish pub in Ireland.

You must be the life of the party.

Old 07-22-2015, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaFace View Post
You ever heard the phrase "what goes to XXXX, stays in XXXX?" Yeah you don't want to know, and it's more prevalent than you think.
Yeah I know that phrase.!and they guy really has his fun wherever he is and obviously he will not mention the fun he had. So that says alone he is not completely trusting

Old 07-22-2015, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
But they didn't, and their wives DID trust them, and treated them like adults.

The only one not trusting anyone is you.
Well the guys could have slept around. They can say anything I highly doubt that their wives would have private investigators following them around all over ireland. Maybe their wives fool around also

Old 07-22-2015, 11:17 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,065 times
My SO is from Ireland so when he goes back there to visit, he often hangs out with a group of Irish guys. Should I be worried, OP?

Old 07-22-2015, 11:17 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,665 times
mmmkay. i guess he should include you in the bachelor party plans. stop being so insecure in controlling, he is an adult that can make his own decisions.

Old 07-22-2015, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
mmmkay. i guess he should include you in the bachelor party plans. stop being so insecure in controlling, he is an adult that can make his own decisions.
Well if he is an adult he should be mature enough to know the difference of right and wrong. I don't go to male strip joints with my girlfriends. I don't eye hot guys. I know the difference of right and wrong And as I said those syrup clubs are for single people

Old 07-22-2015, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
My SO is from Ireland so when he goes back there to visit, he often hangs out with a group of Irish guys. Should I be worried, OP?
Well how much you trust him??if you are completely dedicated to him he should be the same to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships