Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 01:36 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,412,743 times

Advertisements

Somebody I'm JUST DATING has completely different access to my life than somebody I'm married to does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2015, 01:57 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,427,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
My husband to 13 year old: you have no rights, you own nothing......
My father to 13 year old me: you're living under my roof, if you want privacy and control you can earn it by getting your own home and buying your own things

Old 07-27-2015, 02:02 PM

48,436 posts, read 34,627,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
My father to 13 year old me: you're living under my roof, if you want privacy and control you can earn it by getting your own home and buying your own things
Sounds about right!

Kid: we're pretty rich right?

Dad: No. You are broke. Mom and I have money.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-27-2015, 04:08 PM

96 posts, read 78,049 times
My husband doesn't know my phone passcode, but that's only because he refuses to remember it. There are times he'll need/want my phone for something (usually when his is dead) and I just tell him what it is. He doesn't have a lock on his phone, but if he did, he would tell me. He needs my help too often to make it work for me not to know how to get into it. LOL.

But he trusts me and doesn't really care to take the time to read through it. 99% of the time, as I'm texting someone, I'm narrating the conversation to him anyway, so I don't have to repeat it later. And, I trust him, and he so rarely texts anyone besides me and his brother that it's not a big deal.

However, we have friends who this is a big deal for, who we snark about because of it.

Old 07-29-2015, 04:49 PM

34,937 posts, read 36,163,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I can tell you the fact that I knew my husband's phone password helped when he unexpectedly went to the hospital a few months ago. It made it easier for me to call his work people and let them know.
I just know how to contact his work people already. We have lists of contacts that we share, we just don't share phones and I don't think his company would like it if they knew I had full access to all of this work emails. He's under an NDA and so am I.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships