Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2015, 02:48 PM

2,306 posts, read 1,703,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Aye. I look around at today's young people and see so many 20-somethings who have absolutely no reason to be as out of shape and flabby as they are. Two-thirds of American adults are overweight or obese. It's really not difficult for a 40-something woman who takes care of herself to outshine a 20-something woman who doesn't. As far as candles go, while I'm always battling 15 pounds, I could kick my 22-year-old self's butt in terms of strength and endurance, and I was about 12-15 pounds underweight back then, so it evened out for me.

I'm convinced some of these guys who go on about "women's best years" have some kind of agenda. It's like they're getting up their in years themselves, and they want young women to feel like they have to hurry up and take any old crappy guy (perhaps such as themselves) before OMG, no one wants them at all, and it just isn't so.

Attractive people who take care of themselves tend to stay attractive. I can see a man who put off marriage and having kids looking for someone younger, but they need a reality check, themselves. Deciding at 45 that you want a family and chasing a 25-year-old is unrealistic. Maybe a 35-year-old would work, but take it from someone who was once a 25-year-old woman herself: At that age, even 30s sound old, and 45 is just creepy and gross. Sorry, but that was my attitude and the attitude of my friends.
I have a friend who did that. At 41 (about the time I met him) he decided he wanted a family. He started chasing women my age (I was in my early 20s) and was known behind is back as the creeper looking for a "womb-an" not a woman. The women all hated being around him and would avoid him. He got some young tail now and then. All of them used him for money or other reasons and left him. He'd complain bitterly about all the women turning him down because he was old. Now he's almost 60, been single for well over a decade and he's bitter and depressed saying he can't understand women. He still talks about going to the grocery store near the college in his town to look at the co-eds. The sad thing was, I remember at the time a couple of women his age who were interested in him but he said they were "old." One remained friends with him and he told me she later went on to meet and marry someone else (and had a child by that man).

My brother actually married a younger woman... 10 years younger. So it can work and it's not unheard of (although again, he was 35 at the time and she was 25, not like he was 45). They were introduced by mutual friends and they are a great couple and love each other very much. It wasn't like he was hunting for young women. And THAT I think is the difference between my friend's lack of success and my brother's good fortune.

Old 07-24-2015, 02:52 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,528,943 times
This thread is the most misogynistic thing i ve read in my life. Im frankly shocked at a lot of women here agreeing with plain hate against them.

Women:its not ok to recieve hate just cause you are a woman. You need to know this.

And, also, its not ok to find 12 year olds "sexy". Those who do are pedophiles, and probably belong in jail or a mental institution.

Im kind of shocked at the naturalization of the sickest behaviours thats going on here.

Old 07-24-2015, 03:07 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,400,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
This thread is the most misogynistic thing i ve read in my life. Im frankly shocked at a lot of women here agreeing with plain hate against them.

Women:its not ok to recieve hate just cause you are a woman. You need to know this.

And, also, its not ok to find 12 year olds "sexy". Those who do are pedophiles, and probably belong in jail or a mental institution.

Im kind of shocked at the naturalization of the sickest behaviours thats going on here.
My daughter and I just had two men waving to us (they kept looking in their rear view mirror and waving back to us). I'm a bit concerned because 1. I'm "old" and 2. She's 9. I had no clue (I was DJing ) and she wanted to know if we knew the men in the truck in front of us because they kept waving and looking at us. LOL

Old 07-24-2015, 03:07 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
I have a friend who did that. At 41 (about the time I met him) he decided he wanted a family. He started chasing women my age (I was in my early 20s) and was known behind is back as the creeper looking for a "womb-an" not a woman. The women all hated being around him and would avoid him. He got some young tail now and then. All of them used him for money or other reasons and left him. He'd complain bitterly about all the women turning him down because he was old. Now he's almost 60, been single for well over a decade and he's bitter and depressed saying he can't understand women. He still talks about going to the grocery store near the college in his town to look at the co-eds. The sad thing was, I remember at the time a couple of women his age who were interested in him but he said they were "old." One remained friends with him and he told me she later went on to meet and marry someone else (and had a child by that man).

My brother actually married a younger woman... 10 years younger. So it can work and it's not unheard of (although again, he was 35 at the time and she was 25, not like he was 45). They were introduced by mutual friends and they are a great couple and love each other very much. It wasn't like he was hunting for young women. And THAT I think is the difference between my friend's lack of success and my brother's good fortune.
Absolutely. Behave like a predator trying to nab prey, don't be surprised when the prey run away. Women can smell predation a mile away. It's part of our defense mechanism.

Some here like to go on about biology and youth and beauty representing fertility. Works both ways. A 25-year-old woman is attracted to youth and beauty, too, not someone whose face, body, and pheromones convey possible issues with getting it up and having low sperm count.

Old 07-24-2015, 03:19 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,847,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
It's not representative of the real world.
Most people are not.
It's pretty difficult to have most women taken, but not the guys. Who are these women dating? Each other? In the teens and 20's I agree that women are more likely to be taken, but you have more men in those age ranges and we were talking about people in their 40's.
People who use OLD are in millions and it is growing.
It represents a part of population.
Men are more likely to be single by choice.
Men who don't want children are going to alienating women want or have them.
Op's problem is not her age.
Lastly older women, you guys are not ugly witches. You will find someone special.Millennial women are not really dating men who are their parents age including me.
I am done with giving the millennial POV.

Old 07-24-2015, 03:20 PM

783 posts, read 849,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Same here. It was gross when so many older men showed an interest in me even from my teen years. It did have an effect that stayed with me. It was gross then and it is gross now. I was really just a kid and these older men did not care about that, it is disgusting.

A lot of it just came across as men being "nice" and helpful but where are all the helpful guys now? LOL. I have to maintain my own car or pay someone to do it, back in the day guys would be asking to do it for me just because they wanted to help. LOL. Now I can't even ask for directions (thank gawds for GPS) without getting snapped at. Boy guys of all ages have changed a lot over the years. The most polite ones now are the younger ones raised to be nice to older ladies, OR the young guys hunting for cougars. Guys my own age - nada, which is fine with me because I remember men who acted this way to women their own age back then, and what they actually were. Also, most of them are not attractive and don't really put in any effort to be.
I remember reading a statement a 40s woman wrote in some article. She said she didn't realize that people can be jerks and rude until she got older. Everyone had treated her so well because she was beautiful, now she is being treated like everyone else, which means the occasional rudeness.

Old 07-24-2015, 03:24 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
I remember reading a statement a 40s woman wrote in some article. She said she didn't realize that people can be jerks and rude until she got older. Everyone had treated her so well because she was beautiful, now she is being treated like everyone else, which means the occasional rudeness.
I don't know. I'm not quite 40 yet but people still treat me really nicely for the most part. It could just be where I live.

Old 07-24-2015, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is so interesting, considering that we have a thread up currently, by a 40-something guy, posting about being content in his relationship with his new 40-something SO. Women in their 40's aren't competing with anyone. There are plenty of men out there, and yes--successful men, looking for women in their age-range. I'm not sure why this fact is found to be disconcerting by some men, but--whatever. Apparently, Montanaguy isn't one of those guys looking for someone his age, but he shouldn't assume that all men his age think like him. Lots of 40-something men and women find happiness with each other. I don't know how many times this has to be debated and discussed on this forum. I guess, whenever some kid decides to amuse themselves by creating a potentially provocative thread.
When you speak in generalities there are always exceptions from the bell curve. Just like how some women don't mind dating a broke minimum wage employed man, there are men that don't mind dating older or their own age. Of course there will be 40s men dating 40s women. Just because some men prefer younger doesn't mean all do.

Old 07-24-2015, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
You guys are.Lol
There are way more single men in their 40's than woman.
Most girls in their 20's are dating guy their 20's.
The 45+ age chart is all pink.

Old 07-24-2015, 03:41 PM

For LOLS for both genders:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships