Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 01:01 PM

2,048 posts, read 2,155,750 times

Advertisements

I don't know how often this happens, but it could very well be the lack of sleep, and pain, talking. Let's face it, we've all had times where our natural filters just stop working, and we say something we normally would have checked before it left our mouths. Instead of yelling back, try to calmly tell her that you went above what she asked you to do because you wanted to surprise her with something nice, and it doesn't feel great that she immediately found fault with what you bought. If you two communicate like adults, she should be able to see the fault in what she did. If it's not possible to communicate like that, you may need marriage counseling.

But I'm sorry your wife's not feeling herself. It sounds like you're trying your best to take care of things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2015, 01:16 PM

3,062 posts, read 7,032,965 times
Your wife sounds depressed. It won't last forever. Can you wait forever?

Old 07-23-2015, 01:19 PM

16,711 posts, read 19,407,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Have you ever dealt with someone who is quick to critize or find fault in things you do? The example I have just happened. Due to spinal pain, my wife didn't get to sleep until after 6am. I took her sister to work (no license due to DWI) and went to the store for milk and a few items. While there I decided to pick up some pork chops and some tortellini. Planned on doing the pork chops tonight and the tortellini with tomatoe sauce tomorrow night. She only asked me to get milk. She awoke at 11:30am and I had just gotten through mopping the floors. Showed her the tortellini (chicken & prosciutto) and first words out her mouth "that's going to be too salty". Showed her the pork chops which were thin cut and her response was " that's not my brand and that's too thin. That's more of a breakfast sausage." I'd had enough of this from her and we got into a yelling match. I ended the yelling by telling her the least she could have done was be grateful and polite by saying thank you at least for the effort I'm making towards making a supper for her but instead her first response is to find fault and quickly point it out. After I eat lunch I plan on vacuuming and dusting. She had BETTER NOT point out things she thinks I'm doing wrong. She does plenty of things wrong (like 1/4 cup dishwashing soap and thinking you can get rid of acid in tomato sauce by adding water and boiling the water off) but she seems to love find things she thinks I do wrong.
"If I'm not doing it to your satisfaction, then do it your damn self." *exit stage left*

Old 07-23-2015, 01:42 PM

17,619 posts, read 17,656,125 times
We've cooled off and I broke the ice with a very funny photo meme. Joke wouldn't translate if you don't know a certain local car dealership owner and personal history. Just got through vacuuming the house. Will save the dusting for tomorrow. Have to do the yard and will wait till after 7pm to start cutting due to heat.

Old 07-24-2015, 12:48 PM

19,706 posts, read 20,236,139 times
Wow, a man that mops, grocery shops, vacuums, dusts, yard work, etc...on behalf of women everywhere: thank you and keep up the good work!

Old 07-28-2015, 11:37 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,679,699 times
If she has not always been like this...then she is probably not filtering good due to pain.
KUDOS for sticking with her and the situation.
It takes a patient person to keep going.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships