Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Guys, would you like your lady to be Bisexual?
OMG yes!!! 59 30.89%
Maybe 36 18.85%
No! 86 45.03%
Lemme vote!!! 10 5.24%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 11:13 PM

25 posts, read 86,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWB View Post
This is exactly why we NEED a dedicated LGBT Issues sub-forum on the Politics & Other Controversies forum, even though nobody agrees with me. (Sniffle, sniffle).
I agree. It makes as much, if not more sense than an entire forum dedicated to immigration issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2008, 12:15 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,608,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanceandflight View Post
I agree. It makes as much, if not more sense than an entire forum dedicated to immigration issues.
I just know that a lot of conservatives have been getting "irked" by all of the LGBT-oriented threads littering this forum, which is why I'm hoping the Administrator will eventually reconsider and create a new sub-forum or forum for LGBT Issues.

Old 02-22-2008, 12:34 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,826,734 times
Quote:
Why do you think a bisexual wife would be more likely to cheat on you than any other one? Or is that what you think?
If she was having relations with another woman, to me thats cheating. If she was having relations with another man, to me thats cheating. If a woman that was bi...but is now with a man...might be bi mentally, but not pysically? Or is still bi regardless of whom she's with?
This stuff makes my head hurt and so I shall remain with my original answer of no...I would not want my wife to be bi. So much more simple.

Old 02-22-2008, 01:37 AM

5,073 posts, read 4,736,136 times
Quote:
I just know that a lot of conservatives have been getting "irked" by all of the LGBT-oriented threads littering this forum, which is why I'm hoping the Administrator will eventually reconsider and create a new sub-forum or forum for LGBT Issues.
I agree wholeheartedly. The LGBT issues seem to keep getting muddled around by people who don't understand them.

Aaarggh, it's late and I don't know if what I say is relevent, b/c I am not gay, but I am a woman who supports LGBT rights, and I seem to understand more than others (judging by some previous posts) .

I get so frustrated when others don't understand, is that wrong?

Old 02-22-2008, 04:05 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Tell that to Matthew Shephard's mother.

You said this to Freddy:

Nah, you're the one who did that. He was just replying to one of your homophobic comments.

That is ALL; I'm done with you and your...beliefs... so save me another trademark mile long sub literate rant.
Matthew Shepard was brutally murdered for nothing by hateful people....insane and henous crime and for nothing...no one should die over their sexual prefrence and I would appreciate it, if you wouldn't compare me to such barbarick and insane people....

and, I'm not homophobic....what ever floats your boat....it is your personal prefrence, and I bought up my neighbors to make a point...that I don't care how you live your life, as long as you don't ever expect me to live like you...I love those girls, they are good friends, and I would also appreciate it if you didn't use that friendship of understanding, to valadate or try and make me sound utterly like some snake who crawled out from under a rock...I haven't written anything here, that they don't already know about me...or I them...and I would appreciate it if you try, real hard, not to make our friendship and beliefs sound diviate b/c I can't say to you...well, honey, what you did in my book is ok...I already stated, I may be wrong, but on this subject I can't agree, to me, it would be a shameful act...and I'm putting myself and my feelings in your place...so, sorry...but, I can't agree with the boldness of the confessions...

as far as being married to a bi...I agree with Rance....totally, it is cheating...if that bi person is actively engaged in any sexual relationships with anyone else....at the time of their marriage. Marriage is not having sex with multiple partners...period.

As far as any bi relationships, years ago in college or otherwise....fine, if you think that was ok...fine...but you put yourself out there and brag about it...well, be prepared to suffer the consequences. What ever you endulge in sexually is your personal choice, but should also be your personal activety, not announced to the rest of the world so boldly...

when you put yourself out there, don't expect people to always agree or valadate your behavior...not everyone is going to agree that it was perfectly ok to do such a thing...

sex is one of the most intimate experiences in life...between two people....what concerns me, is where does it stop when people cannot control their sexual urges....or sleeps with every Tom, Dick, or Mary....

I consider myself lucky to be born and raised by a moral and respectful family...where the sanctity of the body and sex was discussed and valued.

I'm not into scandalous rumors about sexual infidelity, adultry, and carnel excesses...whatever floats your boat...as long as you don't expect Me to indulge or are not able to allow me my beliefs...and it appears from the heated responses here...you are not.

But, when a question is asked as was asked here, and someone blatenly comes in and announces, without a blink of an eye, that they were involved in an orgie....be prepared to not have everyone valadate your actions. Simple...

I respect you and your beliefs and the beliefs of others, although I can't always agree...why get insulting or have your feathers ruffled b/c some of us do not agree that it's normal behavior? As I said, you can't and never will have 100% valadation for you actions.

Human beings need rules to guide them, otherwise, there would be complete chaos and anything goes...which effects the sanctity of others....the personal lives of others...and what this is about, is a matter of self control....we're as I stated before, not animals...and if we cop an attitude of anything goes, then, what happens to the morals and values of society. For instance, maybe those who indulged with you, would hate it and be so embarrassed now to have their friends and spouses realize what they did...and maybe not...but the point is...this was a very personal act you engaged in...which should be kept that way...

Be it as you may...so you had a sexual encounter with others in college...or whomever stated they did or they're bi....now, you've put it on display for others to judge....rather then kept it quiet and personal as it should be. Sex should be a personal relationship between two people which shouldn't be bragged about, but be santified and deemed as a very privet and lovely experience, between two....not plastered all over the internet....

So, a pole was taken, and the no's have it...and that is the issue, where I stand firm on the issue....as many others...and I'm sorry to anyone who took offense...but not sorry for my feelings on the issue....

Creme

You shouldn't have to feel like your ranting...and if you do, then it is good to leave...disscussions on the subject are healthy and good...but getting angry and making personal insults isn't going to prove a thing....and yes, shame is the issue here....it is in my book shameful to engage in orgies....which is exactly what a threesome is....just because you did it, doesn't make it right, and apparently there is some guilt, otherwise, you wouldn't have gotten so upset...

Maybe we should address the issue...tell me why you gals think it's ok to engage in orgies and sexual ludeness....which would be for another forum...

I say, it wasn't ok...and that is the issue...being married to someone who is still actively bi....no, it's wrong, inproper, and engages in infidelity to the self and to the other partner...I would hope we still live in a world where as far as sex is concerned, anything does not go...that human beings learn to control their hormones and act respectively and decent....b/c down the road, those same people have children...and if you teach your children that it's ok, anything goes, there may be a danger of other deviate sexual activity, which right now is a problem in our schools...improper touch....

Last edited by cremebrulee; 02-22-2008 at 04:46 AM..

Old 02-22-2008, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
If she was having relations with another woman, to me thats cheating. If she was having relations with another man, to me thats cheating. If a woman that was bi...but is now with a man...might be bi mentally, but not pysically? Or is still bi regardless of whom she's with?
It's just like how your straight wife sees many men every day but has no relations with any of them and is with you only. And you're with your wife, and while that doesn't stop you from thinking other women are hot, you still love your wife and you believe she's hotter than all the rest and wouldn't dream of cheating on her. It's no different. It really isn't fair to people who identify as bisexual to assume that they think they have some need for both sexes at the same time. It's primarily about the person people fall in love with--that trumps everything else. Look at this way, perhaps--your wife's name is Janet. If you marry her, do you became a Janetsexual, or are you still heterosexual? My guess is you're still heterosexual, but Janet (unless she has jealousy issues) is probably not bothered by the fact that you still find women in general attractive.

What do you mean "bi mentally, but not physically?" The state of being bisexual doesn't mean you're having sex with both sexes. It simply means that it doesn't matter to you what the gender of your partner is. It has a whole less to do with sex than you think, judging by what you've said in your post.

Quote:
This stuff makes my head hurt and so I shall remain with my original answer of no...I would not want my wife to be bi. So much more simple.
What if the person you'd fallen madly in love with happened to be bi? You'd just forget all about her and find someone else? What if she was bi and a virgin but in dumping her you wound up with a straight woman who'd slept with more men than she could remember? Or does it make a difference? Should it make a difference? As for it not being simple enough, relationships are never simple. And life is just so full of complicated things. I still don't understand tax forms, for example.

Last edited by chanceandflight; 02-22-2008 at 07:58 AM..

Old 02-22-2008, 07:13 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,605,167 times
Quote:
This is exactly why we NEED a dedicated LGBT Issues sub-forum on the Politics & Other Controversies forum, even though nobody agrees with me. (Sniffle, sniffle).
Well I agree with you there SWB, but I would put it under the relationships forum, not Politics & Other Controversies forum.

This thread took a turn somewhere

I believe the whole intent of this thread was - guys getting in on with their wife and/or girlfriend and another girl. Some (or maybe a lot) of men want to watch their girlfriend and/or wife get it on with another girl and they also get to get it on with both girls. And for most red-blooded straight men out there, the wife's friend should look like Jenna Jameson

I think on some of the posts the points people are trying to make are getting twisted and not getting across here:

Dating someone who is bisexual does not mean that they are going to cheat on you!

Some straight people on here only want to marry someone that is 100 percent straight. And that is their right.

Some people want to marry and don't care if their partner is straight or bi. And that is their right.

Some people like to have a third partner in the bedroom, this is fine if that is what they want to do. They don't see it as cheating, because both partners are in agreement that this is what they want to do. Me, personally, I would not want this, I would see this as cheating on my husband, or vice versa, watching him with another man would be cheating on me.

But just dating or being married to someone that is bisexual is NOT cheating.

BTW, Scranton, did you ever see the sexy beast pic I posted of you?

Old 02-22-2008, 07:14 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,605,167 times
Quote:
And life is just so full of complicated things. I still don't understand tax forms, for example.
--------------------

Old 02-22-2008, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
Well I agree with you there SWB, but I would put it under the relationships forum, not Politics & Other Controversies forum.
I'm tempted to agree, but then it seems that simply being qu**r at all is making a political statement whether one likes it or not. In our society, all things LGBTQ are viewed as political.

Quote:
But just dating or being married to someone that is bisexual is NOT cheating.
That's the point I'm trying to get across, which is not supposed to take away from something else you said in this post--that people of course do have the right not to marry someone for that person's orientation. I acknowledge both of those points, of course.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:19 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,717,994 times
Good Lord,

Quote:
You shouldn't have to feel like your ranting...and if you do, then it is good to leave...disscussions on the subject are healthy and good...but getting angry and making personal insults isn't going to prove a thing....and yes, shame is the issue here....it is in my book shameful to engage in orgies....which is exactly what a threesome is....just because you did it, doesn't make it right, and apparently there is some guilt, otherwise, you wouldn't have gotten so upset...

Maybe we should address the issue...tell me why you gals think it's ok to engage in orgies and sexual ludeness....which would be for another forum...
I hope this wasn't aimed at me. Your meaning is sometimes difficult to "get" because of your lack of writing skills but since you quoted me at the beginning of your rant I'll just assume that it was directed at me.

Not that it's ANY of your business, but that isn't my lifestyle and never has been.

My comments towards you were directed at the absolute ignorance contained in the phrase :even homosexuals have standards".

Make something else out of it all you want, I suppose. Obviously you don't read any better than you write.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships