Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Guys, would you like your lady to be Bisexual?
OMG yes!!! 59 30.89%
Maybe 36 18.85%
No! 86 45.03%
Lemme vote!!! 10 5.24%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 04:33 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,290,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimSumRaja View Post
That's sort of insulting then to the person in the relationship that the body parts are the only reason they would leave.

It's like men who are with women just for their "body" and they dump her when she gains too much weight or goes gray or gets wrinkles. Those people are more interested in "bodies" and "parts" than the person or the relationship.

But for straight people and gay people and bi people in long term relationships (yes we are all the same in this regard), intimacy in a long term relationship is generally about far more than body parts and equipment. As uncomfortable or improbable as that may seem for people to grasp....relationships between any two people, regardless of gender preference, present the same challenges, pitfalls, joys, and rewards.

If we reduce people to their biology alone we cast the relationship in a really superficial light.
It's like saying all women are interchangeable because we all have the same parts! That's insulting.

Besides, anytime someone leaves their partner....whether it's for someone younger, prettier, more money, fewer problems....it's not about what that other person "has or doesn't have"....it's a symptom the relationship is not working.
In no way was I meaning to insult anyone. I stated that in an earlier post. I am aware that body parts are not the only reason to leave or stay together.

If anyone knows that, trust me, it is me.

I am only touching on the fact that one cannot provide ohh...

I have said it about three times.

The kind of relationship that the other may feel the need for, when they do not have what it takes to do so.

I know that there is a whole seperate aspect of a relationship, love honor trust, everything...

I am only referring to this part, because it is the part that I know cannot be provided.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2008, 12:28 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,738,970 times
Go ahead and say it Robyn...a penis?

Old 02-14-2008, 10:29 AM

279 posts, read 1,137,716 times
My thought on being a female and being bi-- LOL- either way I am gettin' Laid.. in funny terms. either your bi or your not, kinda like sushi either you like it or you dont, and you pretty much know the first time you try it, its NOT something you grow into.

So men, if your woman does try it for your sake and comes back afterwards, and says its NOT for her, then be happy she tried it and let it go. Unlike the myth.. NOT all women are BI, and NO!they are not BI and just dont know it and need to give it more time!

Because if that was the case, then most men are bi and just dont know it. LOL.

Being bi isnt a standard or a moral code or anything, its simply who someone is, and since I think that people who are not bi or gay or whatever the orientation may be, do have a right to a personal opinion, however, with that said, they dont have the right to demoralize, spout insults or otherwise be intolerant to someone else's way sexual preference, or try and make thier opinion more important.

Old 02-14-2008, 11:32 AM

3,124 posts, read 4,926,203 times
Wow. Straight people are really insecure! They can't seem to seperate orientation from action and are scared to wits that they can't satisfy their partner.

Dang!

I am sooooo glad I'm gay! (Actually I'm bi, but I prefer men -- if the right woman comes along..ya never know. I was married for many years, I didn't leave her for another man though..surprise!!!)

Old 02-14-2008, 11:37 AM

Hey I may be straight...but at least I know what I am! Seems to me the bi types are the ones confused about orientation.

Old 02-14-2008, 11:38 AM

2,355 posts, read 2,179,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior Arel View Post
Wow. Straight people are really insecure! They can't seem to seperate orientation from action and are scared to wits that they can't satisfy their partner.

Dang!

I am sooooo glad I'm gay! (Actually I'm bi, but I prefer men -- if the right woman comes along..ya never know. I was married for many years, I didn't leave her for another man though..surprise!!!)
I disagree with you. I am straight and am totally secure about my own sexual orientation. Given that we are strangers, you can believe my statement or not but I happen to know that I satisfy my husband and vice versa. Yes, there are times when people overreact to sexual news, i.e. the article which prompted this thread, but it's a forum...we discuss things. I have gay friends who seem insecure about their orientation as well...I believe insecurity isn't biased...it creeps into people of all orientations -- straight, gay, bi, transgender, whatever.

Old 02-14-2008, 02:25 PM

22,008 posts, read 19,112,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Hey I may be straight...but at least I know what I am! Seems to me the bi types are the ones confused about orientation.
A person self-identifying as bi has nothing to do with confusion of any kind, they know what they want. It seems to be some people have trouble accepting, believing, or understanding that.

It's like pick your two favorite meals: say it's prime rib.....and lobster.....and you like them both. Some people only want one or the other. But to say that someone who likes both lobster and prime rib, thinks they're both delicious, is "confused about their food preferences"....!!!! LOL Yes, it's that simple.

And in general, the people who identify as gay or bisexual, have a lot more sense of "who they are" than those folks who figure "everyone is straight", because they have done far more soul-searching and inner work to be able to make that statement.

Old 02-14-2008, 02:49 PM

1,222 posts, read 4,599,428 times
It's like pick your two favorite meals: say it's prime rib.....and lobster.....and you like them both. Some people only want one or the other. But to say that someone who likes both lobster and prime rib, thinks they're both delicious, is "confused about their food preferences"....!!!! LOL Yes, it's that simple.

Was going to put it that way

Old 02-14-2008, 06:38 PM

All I know is I find straight women attractive. No doubt in my mind.

Old 02-15-2008, 05:07 AM

5,073 posts, read 4,729,579 times
Why did I get involved in this discussion again?

Anyway,...bisexual people are not confused, in any way that straight or gay people are not confused. There's no confusion: bisexual people like both men and women. It doesn't necessarily mean that such individual sleeps with or slept with men and/or women.

So, a virgin could be bisexual, and not confused. It has no bearing on who that person has been with, or who they will be with. That person may be with only one person their entire life, yet still identify as bisexual, and be satisfied with that.

Got it yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships