Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 11:06 PM

1,677 posts, read 6,430,987 times

Advertisements

I am sure you have heard or read that eyes are the windows to the soul. This is the biggest reason I prefer photos. I look into your eyes to get a sense of the person there. Does what I see match the profile and my interests (personal shopping criteria)? This saves both parties much time, as we both don't wish to sort through profiles that just don't fit. I have met non photo persons and have seen both sides of that coin. My discovery is most are hiding something, looks, weight, age, profession, or other essential information. Yes some do hold their picture to make a mental connection prior to physical, but even they tend to give hints on looks to keep one interested. Bottom line is do what feels comfortable to you,

Now for an interesting twist, get a web cam if you have high speed internet. This will allow you to see and talk with the prospective love. Yes this is obvious but now you can see them in there native enviroment, remember to look over their sholder too. This is no substitute for a real life meeting where all your senses get to chime in! Just another tool especially if your new friend it beyond resonable driving distance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2008, 11:44 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,383,249 times
I think men get stranger as they get older.

I enjoy the company of my cats immensly and for now I think I will just stay that way.

Besides don't they say that when your not looking is when you find that special person?

Old 01-31-2008, 02:41 PM

4,893 posts, read 14,113,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I think men get stranger as they get older.

I enjoy the company of my cats immensly and for now I think I will just stay that way.

Besides don't they say that when your not looking is when you find that special person?
I'm with you on this! My xboyfriend is looking better than ever at this point.

Old 01-31-2008, 02:56 PM

6,304 posts, read 8,992,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernjewishgal View Post
Sure, there is alot more to a person than looks but I just wanted to be sure I didn't mind the sight of them as superficial as that sounds.
It's not superficial, it's a reality.

There are *many* things that go into a relationship, and IMO, not the least of which is the ability to be intimate with that person. And, if you have to do it with the lights off, or with a blindfold on...it sorta takes away from the experience, no?

That's why cams are such a great invention. It's quite difficult to fudge those images.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships