Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 10:06 PM

5,133 posts, read 4,485,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I just texted him asking hypothetically how he'd feel if I got a surprise nose job one day.

His response:

"Lol oh boy...you would be in big trouble if you ever did that."

Luckily I'm not home yet, otherwise he'd probably pinch the crap out of me for saying that (in a semi-playful way, but sometimes it kinda hurts). Hopefully he'll forget I asked that by the time I get home.
The bolded things don't sound right. What's with the threats and pinching? He sounds borderline abusive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2015, 05:22 AM

3,850 posts, read 4,153,368 times
OP, based on your posts in this thread, your husband sounds incredibly controlling.

Old 07-24-2015, 05:56 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
I just texted him asking hypothetically how he'd feel if I got a surprise nose job one day.

His response:

Luckily I'm not home yet, otherwise he'd probably pinch the crap out of me for saying that (in a semi-playful way, but sometimes it kinda hurts). Hopefully he'll forget I asked that by the time I get home.
This thread keeps getting worse.

Old 07-24-2015, 06:26 AM

914 posts, read 766,030 times
He may never be okay with it, but it's your nose right? Do what's good for you.

Old 07-24-2015, 07:57 AM

5,401 posts, read 6,531,949 times
You don't need a new nose-- you need a new husband.

Seriously, OP get to counseling and get emotionally strong enough to leave this controller. Your others posts are alarming. There is much more at stake here than your contemplation of cosmetic fixes.

As far as a new nose shape, I know several women who have had this done. It dramatically changed their appearance in a very good way.

Old 07-24-2015, 01:48 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times
Quote:

His response:

Ummm...

Old 07-24-2015, 01:49 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Interestingly, no revisiting of this thread by the OP.

Old 07-24-2015, 02:35 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,140,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Interestingly, no revisiting of this thread by the OP.
I'm here. Honestly I think I've made him sound a lot worse than he really is. He's a worrier, and is always paranoid about something happening to me. He's made comments that if he ever lost me, he'd shoot himself in the head. And having talked a bit about it to him last night, he says he's also worried about me undergoing any unnecessary surgery. He says when we have kids, he's going to be equally protective of them. He's like this even with his parents (pouring out all their beer in their house because he didn't approve). So he's just like that. Maybe he'll even chill out with me once we have kids since he should be focused on them rather than on me.

Funny thing is, we've been married for over a year, but he wasn't like this at all before marriage. In fact, "no pressure" was practically his catchphrase, lol. He seemed like the most nonchalant and hands-off person ever. Then he started changing the minute we got married. If only I had all the money for the surgery saved up back then!

But he also wants me to "look after" him as well. Lol a few nights ago we were shopping and he uncharacteristically put a bag of candy in the cart. To play along, I said "no" and put the candies back. And he seemed so happy I did that lol. If he was legitimately a control-freak, he wouldn't have tolerated that. He'd only want it to be one-sided.

Last edited by ohhwanderlust; 07-24-2015 at 02:51 PM..

Old 07-24-2015, 02:48 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,810,665 times
Quote:
I'm here. Honestly I think I've made him sound a lot worse than he really is. He's a worrier, and is always paranoid about something happening to me. He's made comments that if he ever lost me, he'd shoot himself in the head. And having talked a bit about it to him last night, he says he's also worried about me undergoing any unnecessary surgery. He says when we have kids, he's going to be equally protective of them. He's like this even with his parents (pouring out all their beer in their house because he didn't approve). So he's just like that.

Funny thing is, we've been married for over a year, but he wasn't like this at all before marriage. In fact, "no pressure" was practically his catchphrase, lol. He seemed like the most nonchalant and hands-off person ever. Then he did a 180 the minute we got married. If only I had all the money for the surgery saved up back then!
It's one thing to be a worrier from time to time, a whole different thing to be constantly paranoid.

Also the previous post you wrote about him pinching you, umm no that's not ok! The only time he should be putting his hands on you should be in a loving way, not to hurt you (and you said that sometimes it does hurt). I can understand a playful nudge or something, but if he is intentionally trying to physically cause you pain, you have a problem on your hands way bigger than him not being on board with your nose job.

Old 07-24-2015, 03:18 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:

He's made comments that if he ever lost me, he'd shoot himself in the head.
I think you should know that the examples you give make him sound worse.

Comments like this one above aren't romantic; they're vaguely threatening and on the list of signs of verbal abuse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships