Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 05:52 PM

576 posts, read 823,534 times

Advertisements

I have been single for more than a year

The thing is, I do attract guys but I am not interested in the ones that approach me or ask me out .I have had 2 guys ask me out at work but I wasn't interested or attracted to either of them. The other one is still is still interested as far as I know. Yesterday he came to use a machine beside me at the gym. He told me that he still wants me and that he will wait for me. He seems like a decent guy but I feel nothing towards him. I don't want to agree to go out with him and have to break it off if my feelings don't change...especially since we are colleagues

On the other hand, I had a big crush on someone from work who I thought liked me back. He never made a move and it turned out he has live in gf.

I also get approach sometimes outside work but the ones that do are not my cup of tea. Some of them are much older and there is zero attraction. It seems like the ones that I want don't want me but the ones that I want me, don`t want them.When I met my ex,there was an instant connection and fire. You know when you meet someone and there is chemistry and it feels like love at first sight ?So If I don't feel that way towards someone at the first sight ,I disregard them

Am I just being too picky ? should I just give the ones that approach me a chance even if though there is no initial attraction?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2015, 05:56 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,700,377 times
Love at first sight is great....but it's rare.

Are you dismissing anyone that shows interest in you because you don't have stars in your eyes? Are they horrible people? Creepy? Don't bathe?

And if your immediate attraction was so great with your ex......why is he an ex?

Old 07-27-2015, 06:12 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissmamaAnnie View Post
.When I met my ex,there was an instant connection and fire. You know when you meet someone and there is chemistry and it feels like love at first sight ?So If I don't feel that way towards someone at the first sight ,I disregard them:
This is a mistake. The absence of "love at first sight" doesn't mean anything. Someone's personality could really come out and make a difference on a couple of dates. Presumably, though, you've already had a chance to gauge the personality of the two guys at work, so probably, going out with them wouldn't change anything. But that doesn't mean you should turn everyone down who doesn't cause a spark when you first set eyes on them.

"Love at first sight" can really lead you astray, too. It can cause you to overlook major signs that they're really not right for you.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 07-27-2015 at 06:21 PM..

Old 07-27-2015, 06:17 PM

576 posts, read 823,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
Love at first sight is great....but it's rare.

Are you dismissing anyone that shows interest in you because you don't have stars in your eyes? Are they horrible people? Creepy? Don't bathe?

And if your immediate attraction was so great with your ex......why is he an ex?
We broke up because of the distance and neither of us was in place to relocate. He ended up meeting someone closer to him

Old 07-27-2015, 06:22 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,715,076 times
Quote:
I have been single for more than a year

The thing is, I do attract guys but I am not interested in the ones that approach me or ask me out .I have had 2 guys ask me out at work but I wasn't interested or attracted to either of them. The other one is still is still interested as far as I know. Yesterday he came to use a machine beside me at the gym. He told me that he still wants me and that he will wait for me. He seems like a decent guy but I feel nothing towards him. I don't want to agree to go out with him and have to break it off if my feelings don't change...especially since we are colleagues

On the other hand, I had a big crush on someone from work who I thought liked me back. He never made a move and it turned out he has live in gf.

I also get approach sometimes outside work but the ones that do are not my cup of tea. Some of them are much older and there is zero attraction. It seems like the ones that I want don't want me but the ones that I want me, don`t want them.When I met my ex,there was an instant connection and fire. You know when you meet someone and there is chemistry and it feels like love at first sight ?So If I don't feel that way towards someone at the first sight ,I disregard them

Am I just being too picky ? should I just give the ones that approach me a chance even if though there is no initial attraction?
I don't think you should waste time for attraction that just ain't there. You ain't required to give someone a chance just because they approach you. I get approached only by ugly girls, I feel your pain.

Old 07-27-2015, 06:27 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,845,865 times
Love at first sight is load of crap.

Old 07-27-2015, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
Love at first sight is load of crap.
No its not....it's just rare. Unless you are calling my marriage a load of crap. **grin**

Old 07-27-2015, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I don't think you should waste time for attraction that just ain't there. You ain't required to give someone a chance just because they approach you. I get approached only by ugly girls, I feel your pain.
You are right...one isn't required to give anyone the time of day....but rejecting everyone just because you can isn't smart either.

Old 07-27-2015, 06:32 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,993,938 times
I don't know what the right answer is. I think you just know what's right when it's right.

There have been a couple of guys with whom I've had unusually strong chemistry, but that scares me. I've never been able to follow through.

On the other hand, someone who doesn't do anything for me doesn't sound all that appealing.

Old 07-27-2015, 06:33 PM

Quote:
We broke up because of the distance and neither of us was in place to relocate. He ended up meeting someone closer to him
Then it wasn't really that strong a love now was it? Why is that feeling of infatuation your standard without even bothering to get to know others that might be more the slow fire that lasts longer rather than the flash in the pan?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships