Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 01:04 PM

15 posts, read 16,021 times

Advertisements

Why do you guys think I get bored of girlfriends quickly? At first I truly enjoy being in a relationship but after say 6 months or so I start to develop a wandering eye. Of course this leads to breakups and the cycle starts all over again. I really want to get married and start a family but given my past I don't think I am marriage material. Wtf is wrong with me? Do I need counseling or medication?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2015, 01:10 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,396,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppetMaster1 View Post
Why do you guys think I get bored of girlfriends quickly? At first I truly enjoy being in a relationship but after say 6 months or so I start to develop a wandering eye. Of course this leads to breakups and the cycle starts all over again. I really want to get married and start a family but given my past I don't think I am marriage material. Wtf is wrong with me? Do I need counseling or medication?
Think it could be a few things. Relationships are work, have you and ur gf at the time tried to do different things, new things that can keep you both engaged?

Old 07-28-2015, 01:15 PM

9,131 posts, read 19,995,776 times
Quote:
None of us know you, so based on these couple sentences none of us can really give you a quality reply or advice.

I could guess. Maybe your not dating women who you really share a deeper level of interest and compatibility with. So once the initial excitement and lust wears off, your bored because you have nothing to talk about or any common interests to share together.

However, thats just a guess... since I know nothing of you or your girlfriends.

Counseling though? It probably would help you to sit down and talk this out with someone in far greater detail.

Old 07-28-2015, 01:35 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,538,654 times
Quote:
Hard to say. There are many possible reasons, everything from immaturity to poor choice of criteria in selecting significant others, and not holding out for things that interest you long-term. Are there other contexts in which you have a short attention span? It's impossible for people who don't know you to tell you why you behave as you do.

Why do you want to get married and start a family if you know your attention doesn't stay with people very long?

Old 07-28-2015, 01:35 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,942,278 times
Sound pretty normal to me.

Maybe be less conspicuous when seeing another attractive girl.

You know, like, "DANG!!" To a, "meh."

Old 07-28-2015, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Sound pretty normal to me.
Normal for who?

Not so normal for people who profess to want to get married and raise families.

Old 07-28-2015, 01:38 PM

745 posts, read 800,625 times
Doubt you need medication, do you see a therapist?

Old 07-28-2015, 01:50 PM

19,695 posts, read 20,218,442 times
I have this tendency as well - from time to time- which directly conflicts with my human instinct to have a family. I know my issues tho, and why, so I'd take an honest look @ your parents, familial dynamic & upbringing. You don't always need therapy to figure this stuff out. It ain't rocket science.

Old 07-28-2015, 01:52 PM

15 posts, read 16,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
None of us know you, so based on these couple sentences none of us can really give you a quality reply or advice.

I could guess. Maybe your not dating women who you really share a deeper level of interest and compatibility with. So once the initial excitement and lust wears off, your bored because you have nothing to talk about or any common interests to share together.

However, thats just a guess... since I know nothing of you or your girlfriends.

Counseling though? It probably would help you to sit down and talk this out with someone in far greater detail.
I tend to date college educated women who share many similar interests like traveling, exercising, cooking, etc but that wears off for me. I honestly think I just get bored of the same girl. I forgot to mention I am 28 years old.

Old 07-28-2015, 01:55 PM

Quote:
I honestly think I just get bored of the same girl.
Again, if this is a real issue for you, marriage and family is not probably in the cards. Both require more commitment and stability than you would be capable of providing, given this limitation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships