Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 03:44 PM

221 posts, read 318,221 times

Advertisements

Why are all the creepers on online dating? Why are all the normal people that just need an outlet to meet people so few and far between?

I had a guy send me a message the other day. Literally the first message ever exchanged. He said, "Why beat around the bush...I'd love to tear your clothes off "

In what realm is that acceptable?! I guarantee he would not walk up to a random girl in person and say that as an introduction so why should it be ok online? Also, please tell me there is not a girl out there that would respond favorably to that.

I'm just a nice, genuine, single girl trying to find a decent guy. I don't have a lot of friends to go out picking up guys with and I tend to be a little on the shy side so the online avenue is comfortable and easy for me.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2015, 03:49 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Meh. I wouldn't get upset, I've had guys say similar things when out with the girls.

Just write something witty back like "I have to be honest, you won't have a chance."

People get bold behind a keyboard. You'll have to develop thicker skin if you're going to do OLD.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-28-2015, 03:50 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
Then maybe you need to leave dating alone for a while.

It's not that serious. I can understand wanting a companion but maybe you should take a break and try to enjoy your own company for a while. Most happy couples didn't get that way easily. A lot of folks find their partner as their lives unfold.

The best thing you can do, is to not feel entitled and don't let whether or not you find a partner define your life.

I can understand getting messages like that and I have had males tell me that in real life. Do I get upset? No, I really don't care. In the back of their minds, they are going to want to sleep with you at some point. So why be bothered by it? As long as it is not the basis of the relationship, it's cool.

Of course I don't really respond to those types of statements, but it saves a person a lot of grief when choosing a suitable partner.

Old 07-28-2015, 03:53 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Stop doing OLD, because that is pretty mild. If that's all it takes for you to lose your faith in humanity, you might want to step back from dating entirely until you get a thicker skin.

Old 07-28-2015, 04:02 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHeart22 View Post
Why are all the creepers on online dating? Why are all the normal people that just need an outlet to meet people so few and far between?

I had a guy send me a message the other day. Literally the first message ever exchanged. He said, "Why beat around the bush...I'd love to tear your clothes off "

In what realm is that acceptable?! I guarantee he would not walk up to a random girl in person and say that as an introduction so why should it be ok online? Also, please tell me there is not a girl out there that would respond favorably to that.

I'm just a nice, genuine, single girl trying to find a decent guy. I don't have a lot of friends to go out picking up guys with and I tend to be a little on the shy side so the online avenue is comfortable and easy for me.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
You sound like a beginner of OLD - believe me, this one is not the worst! I can write a book about dumb messages and horrible first dates.

Old 07-28-2015, 04:07 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,847,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
You sound like a beginner of OLD - believe me, this one is not the worst! I can write a book about dumb messages and horrible first dates.
That is what I did.

Old 07-28-2015, 04:10 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
You wrote a book?

Old 07-28-2015, 04:11 PM

221 posts, read 318,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I'm not a beginner in the least. That's why it's so frustrating. I was on a site for 2 years when I finally met my boyfriend on Tinder (which happens to have probably the worst rep of them all). The relationship lasted 9 months so I know it's possible to find success with decent guys. I'm wanting to actually utilize OLD as an actual source of meeting people, apparently unlike a lot of people out there. I wish all the creeps had their own site instead of infiltrating even the ones where more "serious" daters are supposed to be able to go.

Old 07-28-2015, 04:12 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,847,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHeart22 View Post
I'm not a beginner in the least. That's why it's so frustrating. I was on a site for 2 years when I finally met my boyfriend on Tinder (which happens to have probably the worst rep of them all). The relationship lasted 9 months so I know it's possible to find success with decent guys. I'm wanting to actually utilize OLD as an actual source of meeting people, apparently unlike a lot of people out there. I wish all the creeps had their own site instead of infiltrating even the ones where more "serious" daters are supposed to be able to go.
Go to a Bar!

Old 07-28-2015, 04:16 PM

576 posts, read 824,213 times
I tried online dating for short period of time .I didn't have any luck with it

Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Just like life, it's about timing and luck.

It is just another way to meet people, but it shouldn't be the only way you meet people. If you're banking on it working, it probably won't because you've invested too much emotionally and your expectations will colour your experience. It works when you stop hoping each person you meet will be the one and instead, decide to just have fun with the experience, regardless of the outcome. Yes, even a bad date can be fun.

I had a male friend who met his fiance through it. I think it can work depending on you and the people you choose to meet. Be safe as possible there are definitely some wackos out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships