Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 06:15 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,622,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
Does it really matter?
Super distant cousins aren't really related to each other...but the creepy part is that it seems they were raised thinking of each other as cousins. So regardless of blood relation, it is still weird.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2015, 06:18 PM

10 posts, read 7,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post
Super distant cousins aren't really related to each other...but the creepy part is that it seems they were raised thinking of each other as cousins. So regardless of blood relation, it is still weird.
uve never heard of someone who dated or married his/her cousin?

Old 07-28-2015, 06:48 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,847,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post
Yea but it is awkward as hell!
I know this girl who parents are first cousins.
That girl was crazy especially when she attacked me.

Old 07-28-2015, 07:07 PM

513 posts, read 429,271 times
O.o ...Try finding someone else, focusing on a hobby, focusing on your career and keep things casual between you and your cousin. Hopefully, the right girl will come around.

Old 07-28-2015, 07:56 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,232,469 times
I had some smokin' hot cousins, but oddly, the idea of [bleep] crossed my mind. Although, I suppose it would take the guesswork out which family you spend Thanksgiving with

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-04-2015 at 09:56 AM.. Reason: Inappropriate terminology.

Old 07-28-2015, 08:07 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,705,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massived View Post
uve never heard of someone who dated or married his/her cousin?
Are you American? It really just isn't common in the US and Europe.

Old 08-04-2015, 07:59 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massived View Post

...she rejected me and she said that she can't make it happen and that she was very sorry she gave me wrong signs
See, you already know the answer. ^^

Stop communicating with her and go out and make real friends who live near you and aren't related to you.

Old 08-04-2015, 08:09 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
See, you already know the answer. ^^

Stop communicating with her and go out and make real friends who live near you and aren't related to you.
You know, I dated a guy once who was shy, introverted, and really sweet. I liked him a lot and appreciated the fact that he took things really slow, unlike most guys. He was kind, courteous, and quiet. But he took things too slow. I was ready to have sex after a couple of months and couldn't figure out why he didn't seem into me. I thought I was reasonably attractive, well groomed, had a job, a woman most guys would like to date. So, after one clumsy unsatisfying encounter I suspected he was gay and we finally had a heart-to-heart. I just wanted to know what was going on. If he wasn't into me, fine; I'd move on to someone else who was.

After a lot of verbal poking and prodding he finally admitted he was in love with his female cousin and had been for years! Not just attracted; in love. I was shocked. I had never dealt with this situation before. It would have been so much easier if he were gay; I could completely understand that. But how do you compete with sexual attraction to a relative??? We went out to eat one more time; kind of a goodbye lunch, and I never heard from him again. I wonder if he ever hooked up with her
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships