Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 02:23 PM

332 posts, read 286,561 times

Advertisements

I've been seeing a guy since April and really like him, but have been re-evaluating things lately. We're both mid 50's no kids, successful in our respective careers. His lifestyle is very different from mine, but I've really enjoyed becoming more a part of his world. I've met his friends, family, co-workers and we've taken a few weekend horse trail riding trips together staying in his luxury(to me) motor home. He's big into horses and trail riding, which is fun and new for me. We see each other on the weekends, sometimes dinner during the week (he lives an hour away). The thing is, I just don't know how he feels about me. He doesn't introduce me as his girlfriend, just my name. He's not said 'I love You' yet. We're both very independent but each has been married for 5 years each before and want a companion. He doesn't express his emotions, we don't really have deep conversations either. His life is very full and I just feel like another 'hobby' of his? Not sure I'm making myself clear. Anyway, he's going on a 2 week vaca (was arranged before we met) and I want him to know how I'm feeling. I should probably wait until he gets back right? He'll be unreachable, as he will be in mountains riding. Any thoughts? Thanks alot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2015, 02:29 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,894,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiemur View Post
I've been seeing a guy since April and really like him, but have been re-evaluating things lately. We're both mid 50's no kids, successful in our respective careers. His lifestyle is very different from mine, but I've really enjoyed becoming more a part of his world. I've met his friends, family, co-workers and we've taken a few weekend horse trail riding trips together staying in his luxury(to me) motor home. He's big into horses and trail riding, which is fun and new for me. We see each other on the weekends, sometimes dinner during the week (he lives an hour away). The thing is, I just don't know how he feels about me. He doesn't introduce me as his girlfriend, just my name. He's not said 'I love You' yet. We're both very independent but each has been married for 5 years each before and want a companion. He doesn't express his emotions, we don't really have deep conversations either. His life is very full and I just feel like another 'hobby' of his? Not sure I'm making myself clear. Anyway, he's going on a 2 week vaca (was arranged before we met) and I want him to know how I'm feeling. I should probably wait until he gets back right? He'll be unreachable, as he will be in mountains riding. Any thoughts? Thanks alot.
I definitely think you should wait till he gets back.

While he's gone, you should sharpen up exactly what it is that you are feeling. From your posts here, I can't tell if you really like HIM of if you're just REALLY impatient for someone to fill that role in your life.

Old 07-29-2015, 04:19 PM

11,393 posts, read 24,436,628 times
Seems kind of neurotic to freak out over the status of your relationship just before your what-ever-he-is goes on vacation.

What do you want?

It sounds like he treats you like a girlfriend. Are you holding back on your end of the deal? It's a two way street, ya know.

Old 07-29-2015, 05:04 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,349,532 times
Three months and you want him to say "I love you?"...you're not satisfied that he's introduced you to people because it doesn't count unless he labels you as the "girlfriend"? You need to slow down or you'll push him right out of your life. If you want to know your status, ASK HIM - don't rely on how he introduces you.

Old 07-29-2015, 05:25 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,993,938 times
Should it make a difference whether you do it before or after? If you think it's going to have a negative effect on his trip then you must not have much faith in his feelings for you. If that's the case, you should explore that more.

Old 07-29-2015, 05:36 PM

22,555 posts, read 47,605,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiemur View Post
The thing is, I just don't know how he feels about me. He doesn't introduce me as his girlfriend, just my name. He's not said 'I love You' yet.
It has only been three months!
What is your rush?

:::sheesh:::

Do you introduce him as your boyfriend?
Did you tell him "I love you"?
If you expect that from him, you should be doing it yourself.

Old 07-29-2015, 06:00 PM

332 posts, read 286,561 times
Default low priority

Thanks a lot for your responses. I guess I didn't realize that I was being so impatient.

Old 07-29-2015, 06:07 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times
You said you both want a companion. That's what you both have. So far, so good, right? Maybe he hasn't decided yet if you're his official girlfriend. Maybe he believes you're both in it for companionship. If you want more, you can bring up the "where are we going with this" topic. But you'd better be sure, yourself, of what you want and don't want, before you have the talk.

Do you love him? It doesn't sound like you do. You say you have fun with him, and riding is "new" to you, etc. If you're not in love with him, why are you requiring him to be in love with you?

Old 07-29-2015, 06:15 PM

61,629 posts, read 86,981,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
three months and you want him to say "i love you?"...you're not satisfied that he's introduced you to people because it doesn't count unless he labels you as the "girlfriend"? You need to slow down or you'll push him right out of your life. If you want to know your status, ask him - don't rely on how he introduces you.
^^^^ this!!!

Old 07-29-2015, 06:29 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,800,001 times
If I recall your previous posts we cautioned that you were jumping the gun then. Leave him be, especially until after he returns.

You were head over heals planning on moving in together at the 30 day mark, that is not attractive.

That looks like you are bordering on desperate.

If I am confusing you with another poster, my apologies.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships