Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2015, 11:57 AM

583 posts, read 713,055 times

Advertisements

How would you feel if your significant other was talking to their good friend of the opposite sex more than they talk to you? Would you think anything of it? Oh and to top it off, let's say the friend of the opposite sex is in a serious relationship or married, and both of you (you and your s/o live with them until you can get on your feet and get a place of your own) Would you think anything of it? Is living under their roof a justifiable reason to talk to the good friend more than your own partner? Ultimately, would that be a deal breaker for you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2015, 12:12 PM

745 posts, read 801,151 times
Yes... that's not kosher.

She's getting moist from him most likely, he knows it, spells trouble

Old 07-30-2015, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanHalen5150 View Post
Yes... that's not kosher.

She's getting moist from him most likely, he knows it, spells trouble
If you were in a situation like that, had nowhere to live, and they know it too, and this was going on, what would you do?

Old 07-30-2015, 12:23 PM

3,138 posts, read 2,779,947 times
One thing women sense is when their men have existing or potential emotionally intimate relationships with other. We are extremely perceptive about these things. And when we sense it, it's a problem.

OP, instead of talking in "let's say" and "what ifs," why don't you be completely direct about what's bothering you? Moreover, if this is the situation with your significant other, why not be honest with him and let him know?

Boundaries should be set, if they haven't been already. Friendships with non familial members of the opposite sex are fine, but emotional intimacy (which almost always may have or will lead to something else), is a huge issue.

Talk to him.

Old 07-30-2015, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erjunkee View Post
One thing women sense is when their men have existing or potential emotionally intimate relationships with other. We are extremely perceptive about these things. And when we sense it, it's a problem.

OP, instead of talking in "let's say" and "what ifs," why don't you be completely direct about what's bothering you? Moreover, if this is the situation with your significant other, why not be honest with him and let him know?

Boundaries should be set, if they haven't been already. Friendships with non familial members of the opposite sex are fine, but emotional intimacy (which almost always may have or will lead to something else), is a huge issue.

Talk to him.
It's someone I know who is going through this. She wonders if she is crazy for feeling the way she does. She explained that when she did bring it to his attention, his response was "We're in her house" and basically calls her jealous and the opposite sex says the same thing and has gotten way too comfortable and involved in their relationship to where she has said that she feels like she has no right to her own relationship since she lives under her and her husband's roof and have nowhere else to go right now.

Old 07-30-2015, 12:52 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnaBunney View Post
How would you feel if your significant other was talking to their good friend of the opposite sex more than they talk to you? Would you think anything of it? Oh and to top it off, let's say the friend of the opposite sex is in a serious relationship or married, and both of you (you and your s/o live with them until you can get on your feet and get a place of your own) Would you think anything of it? Is living under their roof a justifiable reason to talk to the good friend more than your own partner? Ultimately, would that be a deal breaker for you?
A dealbreaker to me would be mooching off my friends, not about whether my boyfriend was talking to me.

Old 07-30-2015, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
A dealbreaker to me would be mooching off my friends, not about whether my boyfriend was talking to me.
If you're referring to someone that I know that's in a relationship, she isn't mooching off of anyone. She's trying to get out of there and get on her own. He, however has been staying there a lot longer than she has and they both pay rent to stay there. Now that that point has been established, can you answer the original question?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships