Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2016, 05:00 PM

9 posts, read 5,658 times

Advertisements

To be honest. I think most women are too picky. There are alot of good men who are hard working and may not have a Degree. But some woman want someone who has a degree so this somehow will make them look good. A college degree just means your went to school to be educated in a particular field. The degree does not say what this person is truly about. I would say to take your time. Get to know the person. Get to know his family. Which tells you a lot. Let me know what you think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2016, 05:37 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,420,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
Not if it is a crappy brunch.
Pof in my area is full of uneducated bums or pot heads and fakes or flake.
Omg, this is EXACTLY what my sister said of her area a few years ago when she was struggling with POF. I tried POF many years ago, and never once found a guy worth taking the time out of my schedule to meet for a cup of coffee. Not one. I should write a book or a screenplay based on the turkeys who approached on POF. I liken it to that one cantina scene in the original Star Wars.

So glad my luck turned with OKC. I'd nearly given up on ever meeting someone I was compatible with. My luck with OKC has been described as putting in my line and catching a whale by one of my friends. I'd like to think my man feels that he also scored - it isn't about either one of us venturing 'up' or 'down', we have what we believe to be a very lateral, synchronized relationship.

Old 05-28-2016, 08:26 AM

5,182 posts, read 5,247,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
More and more women are dating down.

Yeah, you see them on Judge Judy -- and presumably other small claims court venues -- all the time. They're plaintiffs who latched on to losers and bums. Also, I couldn't believe how many attractive and seemingly intelligent young women you see waiting to visit their boyfriends in our prison systems. And yet we have all these guys on blogs and discussion groups whining about the woman shortage.

Old 05-28-2016, 08:39 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,093,479 times
A person can date "up" and still end up with a loser.

Old 05-29-2016, 02:08 AM

641 posts, read 405,424 times
When it comes to dating itself more women may date down now, but when it comes to marriage women do tend to expect a partner who brings more to the table than them. This helps to explain the declining marriage rate or people taking longer to marry.

And with dating that's also down to the fact you can date someone but be waiting or looking for something better. I.e. Mr Right Now rather than Mr Right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
Yeah, you see them on Judge Judy -- and presumably other small claims court venues -- all the time. They're plaintiffs who latched on to losers and bums. Also, I couldn't believe how many attractive and seemingly intelligent young women you see waiting to visit their boyfriends in our prison systems. And yet we have all these guys on blogs and discussion groups whining about the woman shortage.
A lot of women go for bad boys and jerks. That's nothing new. Women with anything going for them usually won't marry them though.

Old 05-29-2016, 05:46 PM

102,193 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
Not what I was referring to. I've known a couple of building contractors (both fairly inept and air-headed) married to high-powered women: one's a banker, the other is a real estate agent. I also have two friends who are university faculty in LTR's with guys in construction. One of the guys only works part-time, just enough to pay his bills.

This isn't as unusual as you might think.

Old 05-29-2016, 05:56 PM

1,188 posts, read 958,591 times
A major reason why women get high-status jobs in trendy cities is to meet high-status men. And a major reason why men want high-status (i.e. high-paying) jobs is to have a better chance of attracting women.

Old 05-29-2016, 06:05 PM

1,188 posts, read 958,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokeeblue View Post
To be honest. I think most women are too picky. There are alot of good men who are hard working and may not have a Degree. But some woman want someone who has a degree so this somehow will make them look good. A college degree just means your went to school to be educated in a particular field. The degree does not say what this person is truly about. I would say to take your time. Get to know the person. Get to know his family. Which tells you a lot. Let me know what you think.
Women are very classist, or you could say they are very shallow when it comes to socio-economic status.

Old 05-29-2016, 06:58 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,576,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredB1979 View Post
LOL, no. Like mentioned the other day about how people love more options, well, that tends to make them wide-eyed and get brain freeze. They wait...and wait...and wait...and end up as cat owners.

As shown below, a women who possibly has options won't have to settle. Granted, she better be on her game, because guys who are on their game can be picky when it comes to commitment. Thirsty vagina chasers? Well, nobody likes them.

Well of course the men settled the holiday 39 was married up but him settling in Marietta

In any event, who settled here?

He is head of the world's biggest family - and says he is 'blessed' to have his 39 wives.

Ziona Chana also has 94 children, 14-daughters-in-law and 33 grandchildren.

They live in a 100-room, four storey house set amidst the hills of Baktwang village in the Indian state of Mizoram, where the wives sleep in giant communal dormitories.

Well of course the man Married down and 39 wives married up. I couldn't even afford to feed the wives
and children of this man.

Last edited by Howest2008; 05-29-2016 at 07:24 PM..

Old 05-29-2016, 07:06 PM

4,043 posts, read 3,771,686 times
LOL what happened to equality?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships