Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 06:50 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,591,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
So, women are dating down because of a mans low financial value?
Yes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2015, 06:55 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,591,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
I'm wondering the same thing . Never really thought about, to be honest; I just dated whomever I was interested in and attracted to.
Who to be attracted to is largely an unconscious decision prompted by biology, such as falling asleep or getting hungry. It requires no overt thought.

Old 07-31-2015, 07:12 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Less theories and more experience please.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-31-2015, 07:22 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,439,701 times
Default ALL women....

Yes, ALL women. Just keep repeating it to yourself: "All women are the same all women are the same all women are the same..."

Sure beats having to think.

Old 07-31-2015, 07:44 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
I think this whole dating up or down is a bunch of nonsense. To me that is subjective to who is looking at it. We are all human beings. We are not houses or cars where you pay more to have more options. It is all based on opinions.

I agree. And to be honest, both people should feel like they dated up! My husband and I both feel that way - although we like to tease each other and say that we both dated down! Haha!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Less theories and more experience please.
Pretty much!

Old 07-31-2015, 07:58 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,232,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Who to be attracted to is largely an unconscious decision prompted by biology, such as falling asleep or getting hungry. It requires no overt thought.
Definitely. But even thinking objectively about past relationships, I still can't say if I dated up or down, because I wouldn't really have a frame of reference, kwim? For all I know, I might have been someone's downgrade

Old 07-31-2015, 08:14 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,499,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FycBST2 View Post
I always hear that women should NOT settle and date "below" them right?

Since women are trying to date up and above them, and of course each woman can only marry 1 man....

Then by nature of simple mathematics and statistics, eventually some women would have to really settle?

And to further prove my stance: I hear a lot of the older women say that all the men they are interested in are taken.

So basically that means, some of the women have succeeded in dating "up" and thus, other women are forced, by nature of statistics, to date down.
LOL, no. Like mentioned the other day about how people love more options, well, that tends to make them wide-eyed and get brain freeze. They wait...and wait...and wait...and end up as cat owners.

As shown below, a women who possibly has options won't have to settle. Granted, she better be on her game, because guys who are on their game can be picky when it comes to commitment. Thirsty vagina chasers? Well, nobody likes them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissmamaAnnie View Post
I will not settle ...I enjoy being single more than I do settling for a man I lack the spark with...I am not looking a male model or a mufti-millionaire or a brad pitt (or whoever the standard is now...chris hemsworth??) look alike

The just have to be a strong MUTUAL Chemistry with a person who is also COMPATIBLE and moreover, SINGLE.which is hard to find

In any event, who settled here?

He is head of the world's biggest family - and says he is 'blessed' to have his 39 wives.

Ziona Chana also has 94 children, 14-daughters-in-law and 33 grandchildren.

They live in a 100-room, four storey house set amidst the hills of Baktwang village in the Indian state of Mizoram, where the wives sleep in giant communal dormitories.

Spoiler

Old 08-01-2015, 12:54 AM

2,704 posts, read 1,831,065 times
I personally think the OKC study about 20% of men being attractive is generous. Those OKC women must be really thirsty.

Old 08-01-2015, 01:12 AM

2,704 posts, read 1,831,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FycBST2 View Post
I always hear that women should NOT settle and date "below" them right?

Sn are trying to date up and above them, and of course each woman can only marry 1 man....

Then by nature of simple mathematics and statistics, eventually some women would have to really settle?

And to further prove my stance: I hear a lot of the older women say that all the men they are interested in are taken.

So basically that means, some of the women have succeeded in dating "up" and thus, other women are forced, by nature of statistics, to date down.
I think history will show that women prefer to share a good man than settle for a subpar speciman. Your math only works if it were one man with one woman, which isn't really how it works out, if you look at history and culture.

I've read that 1 in 200 men in the world today are direct descedants of Genghis Khan.

Old 08-01-2015, 01:45 AM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
I think history will show that women prefer to share a good man than settle for a subpar speciman. Your math only works if it were one man with one woman, which isn't really how it works out, if you look at history and culture.

I've read that 1 in 200 men in the world today are direct descedants of Genghis Khan.
I was at the mall recently and I had some serious Mongolian......aka Genghis Khan style....

Good stuff
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships