Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2015, 09:09 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,202,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I'm talking about men like myself who never get them..not all men have strangers trying to get us to approach..
Exactly.
Having never received any either thus I made mention of this in my posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2015, 09:19 PM

951 posts, read 1,140,470 times
Attraction. Also, sometimes guys who think they are "nice" really aren't nice.

Old 08-02-2015, 09:22 PM

1,404 posts, read 1,178,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
...so many guys on here say things like - "I used to be a nice guy but women don't like that so now I don't care how I treat them!" And the thing is - just because most people don't like someone who is ONLY nice and ONLY agrees with them all the time - it doesn't mean that they prefer the OPPOSITE of that.
Sorry ladies - you reap what you sow...there is no payoff for being a gentleman - if anything, in the dating world it's seen as a sign of weakness which will quickly get you friend-zoned...

Old 08-02-2015, 09:38 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,426,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyInSD View Post
Sorry ladies - you reap what you sow...there is no payoff for being a gentleman - if anything, in the dating world it's seen as a sign of weakness which will quickly get you friend-zoned...
Are you serious? lol Any woman I have ever dated seriously appreciated the fact that there are indeed still some gentlemen left in the world today.

You don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Old 08-02-2015, 10:29 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,112,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
It's usually code for a guy who has no outstanding characteristics other than a pleasant demeanor. My husband is nice and also handsome. I'd describe him as a good man rather than a nice guy.

Quote:

Old 08-03-2015, 01:44 AM

4,751 posts, read 5,438,862 times
Niceness is a basic human personality requirement. Why would I spend time with someone who wasn't nice?

The issue can be that sometimes guys are boring, and looks have nothing to do with it. I knew a guy years ago, had all the "bad boy" qualities, hot and all tatted up, and the only thing he could do was talk about work, complain about work, talk about his band, complain about his band. Zzzzzzzzz.... It had nothing to do with his hotness or his bad boyness - he was boring.

Met another guy - very typically nice, clean cut, good job, cute...if the man ever had an interesting or creative thought in his head, he sure never shared it with me. Literally never had anything interesting to say. Snooze.

Nice is good. Cute is fine. But what kind of personality do you have? That matters just as much as being nice.

Old 08-03-2015, 07:46 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,923,976 times
the bad boy/provider ratio is not adequate
He has to be a bad boy, but be willing to change/improve...he needs to be a moldable mate...

if he is a bad boy but total loser with no provider potential, or if he has excellent provider potential but is too nice...in most cases women aren't attracted to him

Old 08-03-2015, 08:31 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
We reap what we sow? Well, then I'm okay with that since I would say that most of the guys that I dated were gentlemen!

Old 08-03-2015, 09:03 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,305,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
We aren't sending signals? We are sending them left and right.....men are just confused.
You think you are but you aren't. I personally don't do signals, a woman could either tell me she's into me like a mature adult or leave me alone. The games should've ended after high school.

Old 08-03-2015, 09:05 AM

2,444 posts, read 3,583,615 times
I think a nice guy faces the same problem as the not so nice "nice-guy";

Just about everyone has the capacity to "be nice", especially to someone they care about. So if your defining trait is something so common that the woman could barely find someone who doesn't measure up to that quality, who would that quality be interesting?

Ask yourself OP, if a girl that you previously thought nothing good or bad of approached you let you know that she in fact have managed the astonishing achievement of graduating high-school or riding a bike, how impressed would you be?
Sure there is women who have yet to perform either, but let's face the fact that most have done both, and can brag with neither.

Approaching the problem as a "job requirement" where "niceness" is your primary skill is sort of loosing the whole point. You don't have to be anything; not nice, not sober, not employed, or rich or whatever.
The only thing you have to is to give the vibe that being with you is a happy time that the other part, man or woman, wants more of, and above all for themselves. The other part has to FEEL he or she wants to be with you, NOT "logically end up with the conclusion that it's the practical thing to do"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships