Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2015, 10:19 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,603,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
You know, not ALL of us grew up with this. Some of us were kids in the 70s/early 80s and earlier, long before any of this stuff became the issues they are. Some us grew up at a time before helicopter parenting, and when all kids were free-range kids, There was no Ritalin or any other ADHD drugs (no one had heard of ADHD). Not all of us grew up with Baby Boomer parents who planned and supervised our "activities," who were overly-involved in their kids' lives, or who pushed their weight around up at the school for the sole benefit of THEIR kids. Heck, as a guy my age said to me recently, the only time OUR parents were up at the school was to vote.
Yeah, so what? I grew up that way too. We are talking about emasculation of young boys in America and the reason most men today living in this country are wusses and nice guys. Just because I grew up differently, doesn't mean I shouldn't care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2015, 10:27 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,821,209 times
That's not the advice we give our eldest some.

Of course be nice and respectful of people, and a million other pieces of advice.

The one we harp on the most is wrap your thing up! Twice! He has a bunch of girls he dates, and does not want to settle down.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-07-2015, 10:29 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,821,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Feminism is the root of evil, per some bloggers. Got it. Thanks!!
Darn those equal rights!!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-07-2015, 10:34 AM

1,346 posts, read 3,075,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
So if you have a bad boy that struts in to the local sports bar, and he looks like one of those Aliens from those Will Smith movies, and you have another guy that comes in whose good looking and more of a nice guy, the good looking guy is going to draw the attention cause he's good looking.
I must disagree. Bad boys have a confidence - a 'strut' as you put it - that no matter what he looks like, is going to make him attractive. A goofy nerdy but good looking guy who's all nervous and has no confidence is not attractive.

Yes, what you say is true for men but IMHO not for women. We like the strut.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:36 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,036,104 times
Don't call yourself a wuss, Ascension. Be nice to yourself.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:36 AM

2,508 posts, read 2,174,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
PEOPLE with no children are eternal teen agers.
Thanks - I wish I was still a teenager physically, as well as metaphorically. I don't you didn't meant this as a compliment, but I'll take it as such.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:37 AM

I just texted my my SO, asking if he is a "bad boy" or a "nice guy" and he replied "WTF are you talking about?"

Did I mention he doesn't spend time on internet forums?

Old 08-07-2015, 10:42 AM

4,751 posts, read 5,436,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphorx View Post
No it was karma from having a materialistic attitude.I was just one of probably many to fall victim to said attitude.

Do you believe its right that people hurt others without concupiscence? Nobody is perfect and that is okay, I am not perfect either but hurting people who treat me well with malice is not one of my sins.
If she had called your mom a wh--re, shot your dog, and then stole your car after breaking up with you, THEN it would have been karma.

Just breaking up with you - when you stated in your post that you two just had fun together - for someone she liked better or could provide for her better - is not reason enough to wish this upon her or take pleasure from her poor circumstances. What do you think your karma will be for gloating?

You know what drives women away in droves? Negativity.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:59 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,603,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Don't call yourself a wuss, Ascension. Be nice to yourself.
Im not American....nor a young man. You must be thinking of someone else.

Old 08-07-2015, 11:08 AM

Ah, you are just an internet authority on them. Got it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships