Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 06:30 PM

116 posts, read 137,991 times

Advertisements

I find that people tend to be in the "talking" phase with multiple people. I kind get why, but it makes me so uncomfortable. I like to be the "apple of someone's eye" and I get pretty jealous. I'm not ashamed to admit. Jealousy is a normal and perfectly human reaction, a flaw we all have little to no control over.

Myself personally, when I'm "talking" to someone I'm pretty exclusive about it. Once I'm smitten, my eyes only see but one person, and I couldn't even dare dream of breathing near another man. I'm too cheesy for words.

I was once talking to a guy, and when I found out I wasn't the only girl he was talking to, I got so angry and upset. I've decided that if I have to compete, I have already lost. The idea that i was just a fish grouped with other fish, his affection was the bait, and he was the fisherman waiting for one of us to bite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2015, 06:36 PM

22,581 posts, read 47,649,975 times
"Why do guys "talk" to other girls?
Because humans are social beings.

Jealousy regarding conversing with other humans is NOT the norm, and it is more than a flaw that you have no control over.
Have you considered therapy about it?

Old 08-03-2015, 06:38 PM

2,306 posts, read 1,703,072 times
Assuming you mean "romantic talking," unless you are exclusive with someone, I don't see why "talking" to other people is a problem. Some people like to play the field and others like to focus on one person at a time. You are a one person at a time woman, that's fine, but you can't expect each man you date to conform to your way of thinking so early in the dating. Or if you do, and you will only date a man who dates one woman at a time early on, be prepared to have a limited field of men to date.

If you are asking about just friendly talking normal human interaction, I agree with Pitt Chick.

Old 08-03-2015, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
"Why do guys "talk" to other girls?
Because humans are social beings.

Jealousy regarding conversing with other humans is NOT the norm, and it is more than a flaw that you have no control over.
Have you considered therapy about it?
The talking phase as in the getting to know you phase.

You know you're not really official, but you're on that path of being a possible romantic partner.

I just don't want to feel like an option.

Old 08-03-2015, 06:44 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,549,988 times
Are you one of those sorts of women who doesn't secretly talk to a ton of other guys via social media--you know, posting pics and counting the 'Likes' from the orbiters--while some guy thinks you're official and exclusive? You mean--gasp--attention from one guy is enough for you?!?!?

Oh my god, the temperature in hell must've dropped.

Old 08-03-2015, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCaldwell View Post
Are you one of those sorts of women who doesn't secretly talk to a ton of other guys via social media--you know, posting pics and counting the 'Likes' from the orbiters--while some guy thinks you're official and exclusive? You mean--gasp--attention from one guy is enough for you?!?!?

Oh my god, the temperature in hell must've dropped.
That is different, though. Seeking attention and talking to a man are not the same. With today's social media, a girl can crave all the attention she wants without saying a thing. To have admirers is one thing, to actually acknowledge them? That's another.

Old 08-03-2015, 07:04 PM

2,135 posts, read 5,489,068 times
This is insane! So if you are getting to know someone, he can't talk to anyone else? If a guy said this, he'd be charged with stalking and you would call him horrible names.

Old 08-03-2015, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti_Socialite View Post
That is different, though. Seeking attention and talking to a man are not the same. With today's social media, a girl can crave all the attention she wants without saying a thing. To have admirers is one thing, to actually acknowledge them? That's another.
I can go with that--as long as the woman isn't messaging other guys and texting the hot co-worker who pretends to give a damn. If she's so much as texting another guy or sending pm's on FB then she can't complain about the guy 'talking' to other girls.

And it doesn't matter if he's actually dating these women or not--some women would have a problem with their man so much as liking his female friends' beach pics, though they live a million miles away.

Old 08-03-2015, 07:21 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,230,149 times
I thought it was pretty standard not to expect exclusively until you actually are exclusive

Old 08-03-2015, 07:25 PM

I think she gets that--she's just not liking the fact that he has other options, as I'm sure she does.

That cake is sitting there and she wants to eat it, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships