Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 03:55 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,103,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natiam View Post
Telling another woman she is attractive while in a relationship is disrespectful to me, and I'm quite positive many other women here would agree. You barely know what my relationship with him is like and yet you're so set on all of these assumptions, how funny. I've already stated in the OP that it may seem silly of me to get jealous over something like this, but I can't help the way I feel. I don't know why there's such a stigma with jealousy - a little is fine in a relationship, it only shows the other person you care about them. It's only a problem when people do crazy things over it. I made a thread on the internet to vent and I'm now a "jealous, possessive, needy, and clingy" person, as you've so eloquently stated. Give me a break.

Actually you are jealous, possessive, needy and clingy the way you presented yourself in your original poster and Mr. CSD absolutely agreed with that when I read him your original post last eve while he and I were talking on the phone.

Telling another woman while being in a relationship is simply that telling another woman she is attractive, it is not being disrespectful and I'm quite positive many other women here would agree.

You presented your relationship in your original post and my "assumptions" can only go by what is read in the words you write. If you want someone to think differently about you and your relationship then present yourself with your own words differently.

Being jealous is a silly waste of time and one who is mature and secure in their relationships and trust their partners do not waste time being silly with jealously - a "little" is not fine in a relationship, it only shows the other person you don't trust them. It is always a problem whether people do crazy things or not over it.

You made a thread on the internet to present your boyfriend as disrespectful because he liked a couple of photos on of all things "the internet" and facebook to boot and now you are upset that someone told you something you did not want to hear. Now not only is your boyfriend disrespectful, anyone who disagrees with you is disrespectful as well even though they "can't help how they feel". Give me a break.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2015, 08:51 PM

332 posts, read 293,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Actually you are jealous, possessive, needy and clingy the way you presented yourself in your original poster and Mr. CSD absolutely agreed with that when I read him your original post last eve while he and I were talking on the phone.

Telling another woman while being in a relationship is simply that telling another woman she is attractive, it is not being disrespectful and I'm quite positive many other women here would agree.

You presented your relationship in your original post and my "assumptions" can only go by what is read in the words you write. If you want someone to think differently about you and your relationship then present yourself with your own words differently.

Being jealous is a silly waste of time and one who is mature and secure in their relationships and trust their partners do not waste time being silly with jealously - a "little" is not fine in a relationship, it only shows the other person you don't trust them. It is always a problem whether people do crazy things or not over it.

You made a thread on the internet to present your boyfriend as disrespectful because he liked a couple of photos on of all things "the internet" and facebook to boot and now you are upset that someone told you something you did not want to hear. Now not only is your boyfriend disrespectful, anyone who disagrees with you is disrespectful as well even though they "can't help how they feel". Give me a break.......
Other people have disagreed with me and I was fine with the way they responded but the way you (or whoever is using that account) responded was just overboard. It's silly to go around and make assumptions of someone based on ONE post. I don't know how my post came off as "jealous, clingy, possessive, and needy". A little paranoid? Sure. But others in this thread have also agreed with me, so feel free to have your own opinion but don't expect everyone to agree with it. I have NEVER said anyone is this thread was disrespectful so stop putting words into my mouth. Apparently you have too much time on your hands to be discussing random people's business over the phone as if you know them personally. Christ.

Old 08-07-2015, 08:55 PM

15,083 posts, read 20,436,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natiam View Post

Maybe I'm being immature and overreacting over something this silly, but I can't help but feel jealous and wonder still. Our relationship is going well aside from this. I'm starting to doubt him though, like could he be private messaging these girls too?
It is.

[i "like" dog and cat photos/videos but it doesn't mean I want one]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships