Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How often are men over 45 having sex
Once a month or longer 4 12.90%
A couple times a month 4 12.90%
Once a week 6 19.35%
A couple times a week 10 32.26%
Daily or almost daily 7 22.58%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2016, 05:16 PM

52,258 posts, read 52,668,250 times

Advertisements

I knew I shouldn't have entered this thread

TMI to say the least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2016, 05:18 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Lmao! You go Rakin.
If only we should ever meet. But you might hurt me.

I did start Yoga about 3 months ago and found that has really helped with flexibility and blood flow. Helps in the bedroom also.

Sure beats playing golf as a hobby.

Old 01-10-2016, 09:21 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
If only we should ever meet. But you might hurt me.

I did start Yoga about 3 months ago and found that has really helped with flexibility and blood flow. Helps in the bedroom also.

Sure beats playing golf as a hobby.
Ooooh Rakin I'd be gentle.

Yoga is fun. Good for you! Can you do downward dog? Kitty cat? Mermaid?

Old 01-11-2016, 01:38 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,011,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
The most important thing for a man over 40 to do is maintain good physical fitness. If you work out hard, and supplement with critical essential nutrients such as zinc, your libido will stay strong.

I am nearing 52 and about 2 years ago started weight training, never missing than a few days and making sure I got all my essential minerals and nutrients. I not only look much better than I did in my 20's/30s, but my sex drive is just as strong. Women young and old are, shall I say... pleasantly shocked.

Granted, I always exercised regularly and was always fit since I was a teenager but the periodic trials and tribulations of life would sometimes slow me down and I would neglect my routine for months at a time. But your body has a "memory" resuming exercise makes it quickly snap back into shape, and from there it can be pushed further.

I believe a lot of men's libido issues are not physical in nature, but psychological, i.e., how he may be feeling about himself or his circumstances at the moment; or how he feels about his partner. She may not be attractive to him for one reason or another, especially if she is contributing to negative feelings about himself. Younger men easily overcome those psychological blocks because their "second" head is stronger than their first. Older men cannot for the opposite reason. Older men also have less time to waste on the wrong women, so no matter how good she looks, we may be less aroused by her if we know nothing good will come of it.

Old 01-18-2016, 08:00 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,725,072 times
Oh why did I poke my nose in to this thread ..... Men only ... come on you know that just made looking at it all the more tempting. This info is a tiny bit bothersome.

Old 01-18-2016, 08:23 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,483,143 times
This thread makes me smile. I am glad you gents are still randy. Gives me hope should I ever decide to start dating again.

Love,

49-Year-Old

Old 01-18-2016, 08:43 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,725,072 times
Default Your seeing the glass differently then me ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Oh why did I poke my nose in to this thread ..... Men only ... come on you know that just made looking at it all the more tempting. This info is a tiny bit bothersome.
You are likely seeing the glass 1/2 full ... I am sort if seeing the glass 1/2 empty. Though the better question would be do you find yourself less interested/ able to have sex then you were in your 20s or 30s after 45?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships