Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 05:42 AM

1,387 posts, read 1,159,441 times

Advertisements

sorry...seen this over and over again - you were taken in by a douchebag.

If you have a trusted guy friend (who is not a d-bag himself), he probably could have spotted it within a few minutes of meeting him and told you to be wary - most normal guys I know can spot a player almost immediately; for some reason, it seems like women are oblivious to the d-bag signs (at least until mid-late 30s or so, after learning the hard way).

Take solace in that you're still young and have plenty of time ahead of you - but do try to learn how to spot d-bags/players/etc., otherwise you'll end up getting burned again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2015, 05:46 AM

684 posts, read 823,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cxycxy35 View Post

After we finished talking, I sent him an email"you're a [jerk], but the lesson is valuable" he replied "go to sleep now" and one hour later he sent me another email "by the way, I'm not a [jerk]". Guys, is he [jerk]? I feel so sad now.
I am very sorry you feel used.

I don't know what he was thinking, but he sounds like you're well rid of him - Dating 4 women at once? Women who want to leave their country? He sounds like he is exactly what you said he was.

Give yourself some time. Go out with your girlfriends. Know that you deserved better than him and get your life back.

He doesn't deserve to have your attention for a moment longer. You're amazing, and I'm sorry things turned out badly.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-06-2015 at 10:00 AM..

Old 08-05-2015, 08:12 AM

6 posts, read 3,507 times
Thank you guys. He was so sweet and caring when we were together. He never cheated or never even looked at another woman when we were out. It's just suddenly when I asked him if he was serious about us, and he started to drift away. He looked for jobs out of states, so i didn't know where this was going. He told me"if I find another job, you can move with me if you want to". [bleep]! He went back twice to Europe for a year, like 3 months! He was so cautious when he was in the US and kept telling me the difficulty to have a career as a foreigner/artist. He said he might never settle down. I thought he was career-driven and it was just the wrong timing between us. However he changed completely after he went back to Greece. I feel like he must be treated like a king there because everybody is suffering in the country. The "I'll bring a greek girl back" talk really shocked me! I thought he would never get married the whole life as he said! Such a jerk! I guess I'm a little traditional! But from where I stand, there is no f*ucking way to start a relationship with someone if you don't have the intention to start a life with her later if things work out! You can just go to bars and pick up random persons, right?! Nobody gets hurt! Why the [bleep] he started the relationship with me without being committed? He knew I'm not greek or orthodox the first time we met. I once went out on a date with a south American, he asked me if I ever considered relocation if I'm with a foreign man. I said no. Look! Simple! That's how men should do! No one likes breakup! I feel like I'm a loser in front of him now. All my friends said he wasn't good for me. He's short/fat/bald/...now that I think of him, I feel kind of disgusting! I need a closure, but not as a loser. Anyone has any idea on how shall I move on like a winner? Shall I send him an email saying something harsh? Omg, I'm completely lost.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-06-2015 at 10:01 AM.. Reason: Inappropriate language.

Old 08-06-2015, 09:09 AM

I'm confused. After he told me all these bad things, I called him again and wanted to have a closure instead of being like a loser. I pointed out how he hurt me, and he laughed like old times like there was really nothing happening and he said what I felt about his words were not the truth. Then I asked him what was the truth, he said "come on, we've discussed this. There's no point of discussing again". He looked so sincere when he looked at me and told me "he wasn't serious about me from the beginning because I'm not a greek is not the truth". He is always like that, so simple, "that's not the truth". Then what is the [bleep] truth??? When I asked him about the show we want to go together after he comes back from Greece, he said "I'll go with my mother", "I'll go with Hillary Clinton" "I don't have anyone to go with, so I won't go" "I won't waste the tickets.", he kept confusing me for everything instead of giving me a straightforward answer. After a few round questions, he became a little impatient and told me that "we can go together if you want to. Or I can give both tickets to you". I just so tired of all these. He seems so happy to see me, yet he's so confusing me about how he felt. Last time he seemed so happy about his four women dates, and this time he told me "I don't care about them". This man is too complicated. I've been feeling this all the time, like I'm in a one-sided relationship from day 1. Except for the happiness, it's all confusion. I was thinking maybe it's the fact that guys are generally less sensitive and open to feelings than women. But I guess I'll stop making excuses for him

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-06-2015 at 10:02 AM.. Reason: Inappropriate language.

Old 08-06-2015, 09:23 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,591,948 times
You need to cut the guy out of your life, completely and move on. If you fail to do this, your torment will continue.

Old 08-06-2015, 09:32 AM

22,413 posts, read 47,402,095 times
Quote:
I'm confused. After he told me all these bad things, I called him again and wanted to have a closure instead of being like a loser.
Calling him again was the loser move.

Forget about him.... please!

Old 08-06-2015, 09:40 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,173,486 times
Quote:
After we finished talking, I sent him an email"you're a [jerk], but the lesson is valuable" he replied "go to sleep now" and one hour later he sent me another email "by the way, I'm not a [bleep]". Guys, is he [jerk]? I feel so sad now.
Yes, he's a [jerk]. My response to his "BTW, I'm not an ahole" would have been, "It's a pity you can't see yourself as others see you." And I would have blocked him.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-06-2015 at 10:03 AM..

Old 08-06-2015, 10:18 AM

3,218 posts, read 2,796,199 times
This is why I don't date Greek guys...haha

But seriously like 95% of Greeks marry within their own culture. Besides I would steer clear of getting involved with someone from overseas who says he's here only temporarily, I'm not willing to move to another country so it would only end in heart break.

Whether he's a jerk or not who cares, don't waste anymore time thinking about this guy and there's no need to feel guilty about going on dates, that's what you should be doing right now.

Old 08-06-2015, 10:40 AM

Thank you Bebe,

when we first started dating, he said he wanted to start a family here and I've changed his life blah blah... and he said he never dated a Greek woman his whole life because he's always overseas. i didn't consider him as a player at all. yes hes old and unmarried, but he finished his doctor degree and has been busy with his career. all that makes sense to me. several months ago, he said he only wanted to go back for vacation for a few months in the summer, and now hes saying he wants to go back forever blah blah...

OMG this man is killing me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
This is why I don't date Greek guys...haha

But seriously like 95% of Greeks marry within their own culture. Besides I would steer clear of getting involved with someone from overseas who says he's here only temporarily, I'm not willing to move to another country so it would only end in heart break.

Whether he's a jerk or not who cares, don't waste anymore time thinking about this guy and there's no need to feel guilty about going on dates, that's what you should be doing right now.

Old 08-06-2015, 10:44 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,696,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
You need to cut the guy out of your life, completely and move on. If you fail to do this, your torment will continue.
This... right here. Just cut him out of your life and don't give him the time of day again or else you are just torturing yourself. In time, you will heal and wonder what you ever saw in him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships