Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 05:07 AM

1,913 posts, read 1,276,192 times

Advertisements

Please, guys only. Not trying to single out women, but this is a question they can't answer by nature since they aren't guys.
Guys, do you find dating to be easier when you go out with women 33+ years of age? I'm 28, and it is SO much easier to go out with women in their early to mid thirties. No drama, no game playing, and mutual respect for a guy. Because of this, girls in their 20s have been off-putting for me lately. The games, bad attitudes, no respect, and child-like behavior.
I'm not saying this is the case ALL the time. Just generally (we can all agree on this).

Did it get easier for you when you went for 33+ year old women?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2015, 05:49 AM

684 posts, read 825,024 times
I knew the moment my wife - Who was older at the time - Was the woman I would love forever when she showed up on my doorstep, tears in her eyes and looked up at me when I opened the door.

She said, "I'm crampy, I'm tired. Hug me."

That emotional honesty and willingness to be real made me realize how lucky I would be to have her in my life then. She was pretty darn amazing.

Old 08-05-2015, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempusFugitive View Post
I knew the moment my wife - Who was older at the time - Was the woman I would love forever when she showed up on my doorstep, tears in her eyes and looked up at me when I opened the door.

She said, "I'm crampy, I'm tired. Hug me."

That emotional honesty and willingness to be real made me realize how lucky I would be to have her in my life then. She was pretty darn amazing.
+1 honesty is also a prominent trait in most older women. I love it. They don't try to make it your role to know what their problem is.

Mod cut.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-05-2015 at 08:02 AM.. Reason: Orphaned (reply to post which has been deleted).

Old 08-05-2015, 06:25 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,949,032 times
Default Do you find dating easier with older women?

I'm not sure about about easier but I bet it's slower.

I'm kidding... I don't know but I would say exactly what you said.

Old 08-05-2015, 06:32 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,703,072 times
Wish I could answer you, but I really can't. I never "dated" in my late 20s into my 30s because I was in a LTR with the same person during that time. But I will say this, you might want to narrow your question down to men who are your age who are dating now because, honestly, it seems like dating has changed a lot since I dated back in my 20s. Although that might really limit your answers too and I don't know that "people" have rally changed.

While I don't have the experience others have stated, I will say I think it's a bad idea targeting an age group of any sort "assuming" that age group is somehow better. I think this limits your options (and that goes both ways, limiting to only older or only younger). Just meet people, be open and let things go where they may. Why limit yourself?

Old 08-05-2015, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
Wish I could answer you, but I really can't. I never "dated" in my late 20s into my 30s because I was in a LTR with the same person during that time. But I will say this, you might want to narrow your question down to men who are your age who are dating now because, honestly, it seems like dating has changed a lot since I dated back in my 20s. Although that might really limit your answers too and I don't know that "people" have rally changed.

While I don't have the experience others have stated, I will say I think it's a bad idea targeting an age group of any sort "assuming" that age group is somehow better. I think this limits your options (and that goes both ways, limiting to only older or only younger). Just meet people, be open and let things go where they may. Why limit yourself?
I hear what you're saying, but I'm not really limiting myself. It's more so a pattern that I've been noticing. Also, I mean any woman thats older than the guy. So if you are 35, do you see a difference in dating a 40 year old woman vs a 35? I didn't just mean my age group.
I've had 34 year old women swarm me but girls in their 20s, not so much. Also, I am forever sketchy about messing with a 20 something because they usually don't even know who they are and what's important in a relationship. I've had older women actually tell me, " if I find them somewhat attractive, we get along most of the time, and can be my best friend, that's all I want ".... A.k.a. they aren't disgustingly picky anymore.

Old 08-05-2015, 06:56 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,703,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
I hear what you're saying, but I'm not really limiting myself. It's more so a pattern that I've been noticing. Also, I mean any woman thats older than the guy. So if you are 35, do you see a difference in dating a 40 year old woman vs a 35? I didn't just mean my age group.
I've had 34 year old women swarm me but girls in their 20s, not so much. Also, I am forever sketchy about messing with a 20 something because they usually don't even know who they are and what's important in a relationship. I've had older women actually tell me, " if I find them somewhat attractive, we get along most of the time, and can be my best friend, that's all I want ".... A.k.a. they aren't disgustingly picky anymore.
This has nothing to do with dating, but I have noticed that what I think of as "the age of maturity" has creeped up over the years. Today, it seems like those in their mid 20s are just starting out. When I was in my 20s, people who were 22/23 were starting out on their own. Before my time, my parents generation was starting off when they were late teens early 20s (my own parents were married at 20 and 22 years old).

It's almost like like an extended "childhood" so to speak. I am not saying 22-year-olds are children, but overall it seems like each generation is slower to grow up than in the past. It's probably a good thing overall because it means the world is a better place where you can afford to grow up slower. But it might not be good for those who are dating.

Now, warning here, this is ALL speculation on my part: But I think this "slower to grow up" translates into people being less mature when dating in their early 20s than in their later 20s or even their 30s. Just like "40 is the new 20" as people sometimes say, I think "20 is the new 16" when it comes to maturity in relationships. I think, nowadays, both men and women really don't start to mature and come into themselves until they are in their late 20s, early 30s. Maybe (and this is a maybe) that's what you are seeing. Women who have finally just "grown up" complete and are "women" now who are looking for real relationships with solid men, not "girls" anymore who are playing games with the "boys" trying to date them if you know what I mean.

Old 08-05-2015, 06:57 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
Ive never (as of yet) dated a woman over 29. I really don't know how it is to date a women around my age (mid 30's) or older. But women around my age tend to be married or divorced and are done with having a family. I highly prefer, the option of children. If a woman is willing to to have "children" between the ages of 33-40 I'm all for it.

Old 08-05-2015, 07:00 AM

1,351 posts, read 2,900,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
they aren't disgustingly picky anymore.
Because most of them can't be The ones that somehow maintain their looks can be just as picky, in fact pickier still than the hot 22 yr olds because relative to their younger counterparts, they're a heck of a lot rarer to find in the older cohorts. Whereas the 22 yr old hottie is content with the cool but broke hipster, the 35 yr old diva won't give the time of day to anyone that isn't making at least $200K, has no debts, a solid and growing career etc. etc.

That's been my experience having lived in LA and NYC most of my life.

I think the easier time you're describing is probably with those older women who are well aware of their faded looks.

Old 08-05-2015, 07:03 AM

I would like to have a child also, and alot of women in their early to mid thirties are still capable. I just hate putting up with the 20 something behavior and personality. Like BlueCanary said, people are growing up slower. I just had a recent situation with a girl that's 23, and the whole scenario literally reminded me of high school! Off-putting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships