Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 10:14 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,236,547 times

Advertisements

When people show you who they are, believe them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2015, 10:24 AM

4,286 posts, read 4,760,161 times
Why in the world would you stay with someone who is so abusive that your daughter got taken from you? You should be more concerned about your daughter than your boyfriend.

He won't change regardless of what he says. At some point he will go back to what he was doing before, guaranteed.

There is nothing you can do to make him change.

You will never be able to make him happy. He will always find something that is "wrong" with you or any woman he is with.

Leave him and never look back.

Old 08-05-2015, 10:25 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,125,992 times
You want real advice? Leave him and call The National Domestic Violence Hotline | 24/7 Confidential Support

Old 08-05-2015, 10:28 AM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,330,509 times
Take the lie detector test, and maybe he'll do you a favor and leave forever. But I doubt it...

Old 08-05-2015, 10:32 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,199,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahsmommy_2015 View Post
he's so abusive that CPS took our daughter from us but we're doing all we have to in order to get her back the day I got out of the hospital he beat me with my daughter in the ro once she was taken from us we got into 1 more serious fight he promised me he wouldnt touch me anymore its been a whole month since he's beat Me
You want advice? You got it: LEAVE HIM.

If you can't do it for yourself, do it for your daughter, who is learning that this is normal behavior for men. What on earth do you think she's learning by watching you let this man abuse you?

OMG, are you waiting until he puts you in the damn MORGUE?

LEAVE HIM.

Old 08-05-2015, 11:03 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Maybe you don't value your own life - but for the sake of your daughter's life - get some help and never ever see your "boyfriend" again. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY with a brain cell in their head is going to tell you to stay with this guy. He will probably end up killing you if you don't get out. Get some help. Now.

Old 08-05-2015, 11:11 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,355,248 times
Quote:
Please bare with me ! I forgot my password to noahs_mama2015 but heres my whole story !
So me and my boyfriend met 3 years ago when we were both 17 I fell for him very hard I gave him my all literally my heart and soul and on top of that all of my money , we started out as friends tho then got somewhat serious quickly I ran away from home to be with him , he was sweet charming good looking just everything I wanted but as time went on he wasnt the person I thought he was he used me and several other girls for his own personal needs and he was EXTREMELY abusive , I was with a him 4 months then I left h because it became to much to handle he would beat me all the time and just use me and because of that reason I started using hardcore drugs ( meth and chrystal ) he basically was a cold hearted person and really knew how to manipulate ANYONE , so 5 months later we reconnected and I gave him another chance in hopes that he changed , from what h told me I was the only girl he wanted to be with , because of our past I went back with horrible trust issues and he was still a horrible jealous person he would still abuse me cut my hair out pepper spray me just do horrible things to me an I stayed everytimes IN HOPES HE WOULD CHANGE he was still messing around with other females and talking to them during half of our relationship , I was very loyal to him did whatever he asked of me ,so as our relationship continued I would tell white lies here and there stupid things such as being on facebook or talking to exes I WAS SCARED OF HIS REACTION IF I ADMITTED TO THOSE THINGS so I always lied about them to make a long story very simple and short he was a horrible toxic person to be with but he just recently changed for the better I took lots of money from me , he lied to me constantly about exes , he was controlling , abusive an just horrible , im not perfect far from it I have bad communication problems but im working on that theres lots of secrets on my end and I thought I was doing the right thing to improve our relationship but it seems to have backfired , he's so abusive that CPS took our daughter from us but we're doing all we have to in order to get her back the day I got out of the hospital he beat me with my daughter in the ro once she was taken from us we got into 1 more serious fight he promised me he wouldnt touch me anymore its been a whole month since he's beat Me point is I give him chances after chances to improve himself but when I need time he's just cold in my other post I mentioned how I opened up and it backfired he's done the same things ive done only difference is I lied we both have serious issues i know that and believe me im doing everything I can to fix it he wants me to do a lie detector test and if i fail then he'll leave me forver ,HELP I REALLY NEED SOME REAL ADVICE
Loyalty is a wonderful asset- but not when dealing with abusers. He has no real incentive to 'change,' because you continue to stay with him and tolerate his crap.
My advice: dump him, get a place of your own, and find a counselor who might be able to help you get your child back.

Old 08-05-2015, 01:24 PM

4 posts, read 2,775 times
You all make it seem so easy when you say leave someone but how do u do that after being with them for so long , how do u do that when u have noOne else to turn to I dont have any family or barely any friends I KNOW that if we break up my life will turn upside down for the worst as crazy as it sounds I know im not a good mom my mom was a horrible mother to me I love my daughter with all my heart but I don't think I have it in me to raise her alone and the thought of giving her up for adoption kills me yes it takes 2 to have a baby but I wasn't ready I just really need help and dont know where to turn

Old 08-05-2015, 01:26 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
You all make it seem so easy when you say leave someone but how do u do that after being with them for so long , how do u do that when u have noOne else to turn to I dont have any family or barely any friends I KNOW that if we break up my life will turn upside down for the worst as crazy as it sounds I know im not a good mom my mom was a horrible mother to me I love my daughter with all my heart but I don't think I have it in me to raise her alone and the thought of giving her up for adoption kills me yes it takes 2 to have a baby but I wasn't ready I just really need help and dont know where to turn
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Someone already told you who to contact.

Honestly, if you won't leave him, please give your daughter up for adoption. I'm not saying that it's easy for you to leave but your daughter is an innocent victim and does not deserve to be raised in an abusive and dangerous environment. I know you are young but you are a mother so you have to grow up now.

Old 08-05-2015, 01:30 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,450,158 times
You leave with the understanding it's going to take work to make your life a better place for yourself.

Nobody else can do this for you. They can only offer you assistance on finding a better place in life, They can't make you or make it FOR you.

You have to be willing to do the work for yourself.

That is just the reality of the situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships