Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 04:08 PM

52,233 posts, read 52,648,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Agreed. Celebs are a bad example-due to make-up, ps, and all the extra they're capable of, but I use them as people can see pix or check themselves, instead of using pic of reg people without their permission.

Tom Hanks, I find used to be quite an attractive man. I saw a recent picture of him, and he looks...less than good as he used to.

Younger
https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=JN.QmCH...A&pid=15.1&P=0

Older
Tom Hanks - IMDb
Tom hanks is a great actor, seriously great actor.

I don't think he's aging all the well, some people get luckier than others I suppose. He looks like he's getting a bit doughy looking as he gets older.....

Such is life, I suppose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2015, 04:21 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,606,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

I don't think he's aging all the well, some people get luckier than others I suppose. He looks like he's getting a bit doughy looking as he gets older.....

Such is life, I suppose.
Even the men who are aging well (e.g. Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise, Johnny Depp) looked better when they were younger, imo. Aging is hard on men and women.

Old 08-09-2015, 04:21 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,189,703 times
Quote:

Such is life, I suppose.
Yeah. True for men and women. Because it is different for people.

*Some get better with age, as their looks may seem more mature and manly or womanly. Gives them a more mature sexy look Elegant / refined maybe.
*Others, their looks start to fade some, but they still look great, just not as great as before.
*You also have the improving looks where the person gets more attractive, but after a bit, they still drop down, possibly in their 60+
*Then finally, you have some people that don't age that well at all, and their looks have just totally start to leave at 40s. Just depends on the person, genetics, and some lifestyle choices. Mathew Perry had drug problems, so that killed his looks.

So, can't really generalize. I could be very interested in an older man who has taken care of himself and that I found attractive, and of course we had things in common. And provided he didn't want kids lol

Last edited by HappyRain; 08-09-2015 at 04:33 PM..

Old 08-09-2015, 04:23 PM

1,000 posts, read 2,351,254 times
Kids are tough and a huge reason why I like dating younger women. I honestly don't believe that I want to have kids...and being on the doorstep of 30, I don't want to waste any woman's time if they do. Completely different story If she's not interested in kids and around my age, but otherwise it's not a good fit to go there and risk immense amounts of drama.

Most women view marriage and children as something that they have to experience, it's something that is tough to avoid as a guy being in the 20-30 something age bracket. I tend to look at things as if I were to ever have kids...it would be in my late 30s, and that getting serious with somebody younger would keep both my priorities at present and her priorities for the future in-line.

Still though...the kids hurdle is such a thing to get past. It's extremely hard to find somebody who is a catch and yet doesn't want kids, yet alone kids by a certain timeframe.

Old 08-09-2015, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Even the men who are aging well (e.g. Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise, Johnny Depp) looked better when they were younger, imo. Aging is hard on men and women.

Yeah, it is what it is.

You're never going to look as good as when you're younger, I mean just the youthfulness helps, skin is less damaged, generally speaking of course. Plus when younger you have more collagen in your skin and that gives you a youthful look.

Creams and face lifts can only do so much.

I think our society is too obsessed with youth.

Old 08-09-2015, 04:33 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,189,703 times
Quote:
Yeah, it is what it is.

You're never going to look as good as when you're younger, I mean just the youthfulness helps, skin is less damaged, generally speaking of course. Plus when younger you have more collagen in your skin and that gives you a youthful look.

Creams and face lifts can only do so much.

I think our society is too obsessed with youth.
I am in the younger crowd. not 30 yet. I can't wait to lose mine. Because it gets annoying with people asking if I am 18 yet, and having to be carded for alcohol because they can't tell I am past 18 by looking. Not good for confidence.

Old 08-09-2015, 04:39 PM

Quote:
I am in the younger crowd. not 30 yet. I can't wait to lose mine. Because it gets annoying with people asking if I am 18 yet, and having to be carded for alcohol because they can't tell I am past 18 by looking. Not good for confidence.
IDK.... I wouldn't wish too hard.

You're gong to wake up one day and be 35 before you know it. Then 45 is like a week after that... LOL

It's such a cliché but man, time really goes by fast once you get a little bit older. I know my 20's seemed long and now I'm going to be 46 this month and I don't know where the last 10 yrs went.

They flew by so fast.

Old 08-09-2015, 04:44 PM

1,000 posts, read 2,351,254 times
Quote:
...I'm 29 and still get carded everywhere. Not even facial hair helps. It's just one of those things that probably won't ever go away, so get used to it.

Quote:
IDK.... I wouldn't wish too hard.

You're gong to wake up one day and be 35 before you know it. Then 45 is like a week after that... LOL

It's such a cliché but man, time really goes by fast once you get a little bit older. I know my 20's seemed long and now I'm going to be 46 this month and I don't know where the last 10 yrs went.

They flew by so fast.
I have two fears in life...1)spiders, and 2) waking up one day and realizing that I should have done more with my life because it just blew by.

For one thing, you're not old at that age...but damn are you ever right about time speeding up with each additional year. It scares me to think of what it'll be like in 5 years, 10 years, etc. This is all supposedly the result of familiarity and routine dominating ones life. So many unavoidable things, like even just waking up in the morning can play-in to this. Obviously living by a work schedule is the biggest detractors and source for rapid time disparity.

The best thing that you can do is try to interrupt your routine with new things. Time feels like it passes slower when we're little kids because everything is literally a new experience or at least something that we'vs yet to master. Finding new experiences is hard...but that more or less is the route to slowing down both time and time relations in life.

Last edited by TelecasterBlues; 08-09-2015 at 04:53 PM..

Old 08-09-2015, 04:53 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,198,857 times
Quote:
You sound like you're in the same boat I was. When I was 28, even 30, people were mistaking me for just out of college--not something I wanted at work.

And I'll be brutally honest: Now that I look like I'm in my 40s, I get a lot more respect or benefit of the doubt in a number of cases. You get offered upgrades on travel. People behind counters don't talk down to you. It meetings and conventions, people seek out your opinion, and shut up and stop talking when you start speaking. They assume positive things about you that they don't about 20-somethings, like when you look at apartments, they know you're not going to be a loud PITA throwing parties until 4:00 a.m. so they are more welcoming. There's a level of respect there that wasn't before. I like it.

Old 08-09-2015, 05:03 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,718,408 times
Quote:
I know what you mean.

I was at this party last weekend and every single person there thought I was 16. It doesn't bother me too much anymore. We'll be grateful for it in the future.

As for the I.D. thing...that's mandatory. I can't really blame them either for being too careful. We have people younger than you and I, that look MUCH older.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships