Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 11:08 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
Men age like wine! There's a lot of women age like billy beer that's been left in the trunk of a car in a bowling alley parking lot on a hot summer's day.
Some. Not all. I wouldn't even say most.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2015, 12:57 PM

203 posts, read 172,554 times
Women over 30 need to accept that they're getting older and are not ever going to be attractive as they used to be and that men biologically will be drawn to younger women.

Old 08-09-2015, 12:58 PM

15,580 posts, read 15,650,878 times
You do understand that this is kind of disgusting coming from someone in his 20s, right?

Old 08-09-2015, 12:59 PM

837 posts, read 753,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post

lol this

I have a few older friends who look great but most have aged rough

Old 08-09-2015, 01:09 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,046,768 times
I asked an elderly friend why he believes men prefer younger women; his reply was that 'because they are still hard bodies'. At least he was being honest.

I asked why a younger woman would want to spend time with a man 30+ yrs older than her, and he said most wouldn't unless the guy was filthy rich.

Old 08-09-2015, 03:34 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,188,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Agreed. Celebs are a bad example-due to make-up, ps, and all the extra they're capable of, but I use them as people can see pix or check themselves, instead of using pic of reg people without their permission.

Tom Hanks, I find used to be quite an attractive man. I saw a recent picture of him, and he looks...less than good as he used to.

Younger
https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=JN.QmCH...A&pid=15.1&P=0

Older
Tom Hanks - IMDb

Last edited by HappyRain; 08-09-2015 at 04:02 PM..

Old 08-09-2015, 03:48 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,195,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I love older women that didn't let themselves go I know of plenty and am currently still head over heels for one. I don't think you can blame it all on men. If you go on Match and look at profiles of older women they don't seem to be interested in younger men. A 4 years difference isn't really younger in my opinion, I'm talking like an 8 year or greater age difference.
A lot of that depends on the age of the woman, and I say this as someone whose 2 most significant relationships were with men 7 and 10 years younger. I was with someone through most of my 40s, but if I had been single from the time I was 42 on, I would not have dated someone so much younger than myself because of the question of having children.

In her 30s, it doesn't make much difference. If it works out, fine, both can have kids. In her late 40s and older, same thing, only that by then most men have either had their kids or had vasectomies, or know they don't want kids and have no issue dating someone who is past that point in her life.

It's when the woman is past that point and the man is in his 20s or 30s that it can become an issue, where he decides he wants kids and that's the end of that. So at 48, I'm not going to get really involved with someone more than 4 or 5 years younger than I am unless he's had a vasectomy. Not that I go around asking, but it would come up one way or another. Had a few dates with someone who was 46, and when we talked about kids, he just came out with it: "I like them but I don't want them, and I made sure I'll never have them."

Old 08-09-2015, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
A man who is 3-4 years older is still an older man.
Maybe if he's 20 and she's 16.

If we were in high school or college at the same time, we're peers. A 52-year-old man is not going to consider me a younger woman, nor would I consider him an older man. "Older" is at least 7 or 8 years in my book.

Old 08-09-2015, 03:58 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
A lot of that depends on the age of the woman, and I say this as someone whose 2 most significant relationships were with men 7 and 10 years younger. I was with someone through most of my 40s, but if I had been single from the time I was 42 on, I would not have dated someone so much younger than myself because of the question of having children.

In her 30s, it doesn't make much difference. If it works out, fine, both can have kids. In her late 40s and older, same thing, only that by then most men have either had their kids or had vasectomies, or know they don't want kids and have no issue dating someone who is past that point in her life.

It's when the woman is past that point and the man is in his 20s or 30s that it can become an issue, where he decides he wants kids and that's the end of that. So at 48, I'm not going to get really involved with someone more than 4 or 5 years younger than I am unless he's had a vasectomy. Not that I go around asking, but it would come up one way or another. Had a few dates with someone who was 46, and when we talked about kids, he just came out with it: "I like them but I don't want them, and I made sure I'll never have them."
Yeah... age differences in dating are really only highlighted by major life stages, like having kids.

If you are with someone who doesn't want kids and you either do not want them or already had some, then why does it matter if you're of "child bearing age" or if he's had a vasectomy? Neither of you want to have kids, so the point is moot.

Therefore, whether he's 8 years older that you, or you're 10 years older than him (or vice versa) is completely not a biggie if you both like one another because nobody is sitting around wondering if the other person will be able to pop out a kid.

Other life stage factors can also come into play, but the kid thing is a biggie.

Old 08-09-2015, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Yeah... age differences in dating are really only highlighted by major life stages, like having kids.

If you are with someone who doesn't want kids and you either do not want them or already had some, then why does it matter if you're of "child bearing age" or if he's had a vasectomy? Neither of you want to have kids, so the point is moot.

Therefore, whether he's 8 years older that you, or you're 10 years older than him (or vice versa) is completely not a biggie if you both like one another because nobody is sitting around wondering if the other person will be able to pop out a kid.

Other life stage factors can also come into play, but the kid thing is a biggie.
On the surface yes. But twice now, my "Yes, I'm SURE I don't want kids, stop ASKING me" men turned around and within a year of our split either impregnated someone or got engaged/married to someone with the intent of having kids. (My divorce was mainly because he changed his mind and thought he could change mine.) So I, personally, would not believe a man more than a few years younger than I am when he says "I don't want kids" unless he can prove he had a vasectomy. Call it baggage, but just because he says so, that doesn't make it true or permanent. If a man really, truly, honestly doesn't want kids, he'll get snipped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships