Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 03:33 PM

102,206 posts, read 107,859,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasLK View Post
What? She hasn't said anything like that. she's always telling me that she loves being with me. That's pretty much her point of view, except now she's saying that I'm taking advantage of her which doesn't add up at all.
OK, here's another possibility. "Taking advantage of" may mean "having sex with". You're enjoying the milk without buying the cow. Maybe she's waiting for you to make more of a commitment. That could mean moving in together, or it could mean an engagement (seems way too soon, at just 4 months, though, for a proposal/engagement). This actually seems more like it--taking the relationship to the next level, which could be moving in together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2015, 03:34 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Maybe she's looking for a way to initiate a break-up.

I agree it doesn't make sense, but now she's made it so awkward that any attempt you make will feel forced. I would back off and see if she comes looking for you.

Old 08-09-2015, 03:35 PM

41 posts, read 27,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OK, here's another possibility. "Taking advantage of" may mean "having sex with". You're enjoying the milk without buying the cow. Maybe she's waiting for you to make more of a commitment. That could mean moving in together, or it could mean an engagement (seems way too soon, at just 4 months, though, for a proposal/engagement). This actually seems more like it--taking the relationship to the next level, which could be moving in together.
If that's what it means then her communication skills are seriously lacking. Anyway I hope that's not what she means. How is sex taking advantage? I'm not raping her. This whole milk and cow analogy, although I get it, seems so callous.

Old 08-09-2015, 03:36 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:

Maybe she's waiting for you to make more of a commitment. That could mean moving in together, or it could mean an engagement (seems way too soon, at just 4 months, though, for a proposal/engagement). This actually seems more like it--taking the relationship to the next level, which could be moving in together.
Lord, I hope not! If she does want that, it's the least romantic way to go about it!

"I want to marry you, so I'm going to begin criticizing you."

Old 08-09-2015, 03:37 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,125,992 times
Quote:
If that's what it means then her communication skills are seriously lacking. Anyway I hope that's not what she means.How is sex taking advantage? I'm not raping her.
Being with her just for sex.

Old 08-09-2015, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Being with her just for sex.
Huh? How am I being with her just for sex? Besides it takes two.

Old 08-09-2015, 03:39 PM

102,206 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
If that's what it means then her communication skills are seriously lacking. Anyway I hope that's not what she means. How is sex taking advantage? I'm not raping her.
You can't be this clueless! How old are you, OP? She could well be thinking that you're using her for sex, and that the time has come to take the relationship to the next level. She needs some reassurance that you're not going to be one of those guys who strings women along for years. Though, again, 4 months seems a little premature. But that would explain why she won't tell you what's on her mind. She's waiting to see if you come up with it. She's waiting for you to spontaneously prove that you're really into her enough to make a stronger commitment. Or maybe she's waiting for you to make it "official" that you're bf and gf, and tell your friends and family. Maybe she's waiting to be introduced to your family, as a sign that you're moving forward with the relationship, and it's not just a dateship and sexship.

Old 08-09-2015, 03:42 PM

11,794 posts, read 12,028,825 times
Quote:
Based on the way she's been with me I can't see what else she would be thinking. Until now she's always seemed to appreciate our times together. See what I mean? I'm confused. I've tried to communicate with her but what I've mentioned here is pretty much all she's said. She won't explain anything which is why I'm here trying to figure out what she really wants and why she's changed.
Have you ever gone on a date that cost money? A movie? Mini-golf? Go-karting? Lunch? Ice cream? Anything? Maybe she's gotten bored with going to the beach and sitting in the yard gazing at stars.

Old 08-09-2015, 03:43 PM

Quote:
You can't be this clueless! How old are you, OP? She could well be thinking that you're using her for sex, and that the time has come to take the relationship to the next level. She needs some reassurance that you're not going to be one of those guys who strings women along for years. Though, again, 4 months seems a little premature. But that would explain why she won't tell you what's on her mind. She's waiting to see if you come up with it. She's waiting for you to spontaneously prove that you're really into her enough to make a stronger commitment. Or maybe she's waiting for you to make it "official" that you're bf and gf, and tell your friends and family. Maybe she's waiting to be introduced to your family, as a sign that you're moving forward with the relationship, and it's not just a dateship and sexship.
There's no way she could seriously think that I've been using her for sex. I spend a lot of time with her doing other stuff, talking, having fun etc. But even if she did think that, why on earth would she want to take it to the next level with someone who she herself thinks only wants sex from her and nothing else?

Old 08-09-2015, 03:43 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,125,992 times
Quote:
Huh? How am I being with her just for sex? Besides it takes two.
You know all these questions you are asking respondents to your thread?
You should be asking her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships