Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you date this person?
Yes 10 19.23%
No 42 80.77%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 03:05 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,195,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I get if a woman has one abortion due to circumstances but three like in the OP just shows a women who ain't learned her lesson or anything about more proactive birth control.
Birth control fails, though, especially non-hormonal forms. Some women can't take hormonal birth control because of certain clotting factors, and others simply can't tolerate it because of migraines and other side effects.

However, I do see where one unplanned pregnancy would behoove a woman to reconsider what she does use and how she uses it.

I dunno. I was always paranoid, especially in my 20s. Even when I was on the Pill, I'd still use a condom. First it was because I was against abortion. Then it was because I just didn't want to deal with going through all of that, from the worry, then the confirmation, then the procedure. Seems like a helluva lot of inconvenience and stress for 15 minutes of fun and games.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2015, 03:05 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
... or it's just another made-up post.
This is not impossible. I look at them all as thought exercises.

Old 08-09-2015, 04:40 PM

88,514 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Throught my life, the women who have told me in person that they have had an abortion--I could count them on one hand. I don't know anyone in real life who has told me she had more than one. I don't think women talk about it very much at all, particularly to a guy. Is she a former friend because of what she told you, or because she tended to overshare and monopolize attention? I don't suppose I would date someone who told me that, partly because it's a shocking thing to share.
I have a very close friend who had six, at least that I know of. The first was when we were in high school.

At 38, she had a son with her third husband. She is now married to her fourth. I don't think any of her husbands knew how many abortions she had except possibly the first one, because most, if not all, of the pregnancies were from him.

When she was married to the second husband, she had a one-nighter with her ex, the first husband. She got pregnant, and since second husband had had a vasectomy after his two children from HIS first marriage, that put her in a little bit of a spot. I think she made up a story about a medical issue to cover that.

Second and third husbands are dead. First one was crazy, and no one is sure where he is now. Fourth husband is a great guy and treats the boy as his own son.

So, I'm probably the only one who knows all this about her. And she's been my friend since I was 13, so I will never tell, except to a bunch of strangers on a message board.

She used to do stupid things, like forget to take her birth control pills or run out of them and then take one of her friends', who had a different prescription. She was also a heavy drinker and recreational drug user during those years, which I'm sure was part of the story.

Old 08-09-2015, 04:42 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,994,999 times
I had a coworker who felt like she needed to tell me she was having an abortion and it was her 3rd. She was afraid to use birth control because of the side effects - how ironic.

I'm pro choice but I don't agree with abortion, especially when it's used as birth control. I think that speaks volumes about the person's values. Who would want to date someone like that?

Old 08-09-2015, 04:45 PM

88,514 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Aren't all abortions "purposeful"?

Most guys would't know how many abortions a woman has had. It's not info many women volunteer.
Well, a miscarriage is a spontaneous abortion. But usually "abortion" means a deliberate act.

Old 08-09-2015, 05:14 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,249,853 times
Reckless and irresponsible. No!

Old 08-09-2015, 05:20 PM

596 posts, read 627,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
A purposeful abortion? As opposed to an accidental one?
Meaning the girl was out whoring around...had one too many whoopsies and saw abortion as birth control. Hey have all the sex you want if that's you but that's awful to use it as a form of birth control, not to mention it's dangerous on a woman's body.

To me, it just makes her look irresponsible and selfish.

Old 08-09-2015, 05:27 PM

596 posts, read 627,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Birth control fails, though, especially non-hormonal forms. Some women can't take hormonal birth control because of certain clotting factors, and others simply can't tolerate it because of migraines and other side effects.

However, I do see where one unplanned pregnancy would behoove a woman to reconsider what she does use and how she uses it.

I dunno. I was always paranoid, especially in my 20s. Even when I was on the Pill, I'd still use a condom. First it was because I was against abortion. Then it was because I just didn't want to deal with going through all of that, from the worry, then the confirmation, then the procedure. Seems like a helluva lot of inconvenience and stress for 15 minutes of fun and games.
It still doesn't tell why she couldn't use a condom...and I highly doubt they broke EACH time she had sex. The woman was just being careless.

Old 08-09-2015, 05:28 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMorena View Post
Meaning the girl was out whoring around...had one too many whoopsies and saw abortion as birth control. Hey have all the sex you want if that's you but that's awful to use it as a form of birth control, not to mention it's dangerous on a woman's body.

To me, it just makes her look irresponsible and selfish.
LOL, "whoring around"... LOL... what??? Is this 1950???

Old 08-09-2015, 05:34 PM

176 posts, read 189,449 times
Abortion is pretty common among teenagers, but most become more careful when they have their first unwanted pregnancy. They could be blamed more for being mindless than lacking values probably, unaware of the risks and the consequences. Sex and immaturity is not a good combination, I suppose, since having real values requires a certain emotional and mental development which is normally achieved gradually after 20.

Last edited by BlazingStars; 08-09-2015 at 06:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships