Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 08:49 PM

837 posts, read 753,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
The analogy makes sense because you are not hitting the strike zone. The strike zone in this analogy is getting something out of women that matches your goal. If you want a solid gf who gives you regular sex, that's the strike zone. You are not getting a solid gf giving you regular sex, you are not even getting first dates that might amount to something. You are not getting it done, so that is missing the strike zone. A pitcher who throws one pitch fast but can't throw strikes is unrefined.

If you are realistically a 7-7.5 on looks, I don't think a 6 on looks with a decent personality is a major sacrifice. You would be way too picky there.

this number stuff might be a little silly truth be told. I just say a woman is attractive or she's not attractive - I want someone who is attractive to me. It's not a number evaluation.

There are females that are 8s to me that might be a 6 to you and vice versa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2015, 08:50 PM

14,775 posts, read 8,106,589 times
One of the first things a woman will notice about you, is your smile and your attitude. Attitude is everything.
A Confident person is really appealing (but not an arrogant one - or standoffish type.)
And don't sit around complaining about not having a flower, when you never try to pick it.

I read in an article once, that for the most part people marry people of the same attractiveness equivalent as themselves (there are some exceptions to the rule, like trophy wives who often marry for money.) so, in other words...Don't complain because you can't have a supermodel, unless you look like Brad Pitt or Johnny Depp...or unless you have Billions in the bank.) (Like I said there are a few exceptions to this, but I have noticed this is often the case)

Old 08-09-2015, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealie View Post
Reread that list. See if you sense a common theme and if anything in particular is missing. Casual bystander can see it a mile away, you'll get defensive and argue if someone points it out. But it's obvious. Tell it to a therapist and see what happens.

what's the theme you're alluding to? Please elaborate

Old 08-09-2015, 08:52 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times
OP, what happened to you wanting all your threads deleted and you being banned? It boils down to personal responsibility and your utter lack of it.

Do you seriously crave this much attention?

Old 08-09-2015, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
One of the first things a woman will notice about you, is your smile and your attitude. Attitude is everything.
You're right. What you're talking about makes a lot of sense when you're getting natural opportunities in your day to day life

When you're not getting those opportunities, you have to cold approach and that's way more difficult than just having a warm and welcoming smile.

Quote:
I read in an article once, that for the most part people marry people of the same attractiveness equivalent as themselves (there are some exceptions to the rule, like trophy wives who often marry for money.) so, in other words...Don't complain because you can't have a supermodel, unless you look like Brad Pitt or Johnny Depp...or unless you have Billions in the bank.) (Like I said there are a few exceptions to this, but I have noticed this is often the case)

You're kidding right? I'm about a 7 in the face with a thicker but very athletic frame...

I would be absolutely [bleep] ecstatic to have the female version of that

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-11-2015 at 09:26 PM.. Reason: Inappropriate language.

Old 08-09-2015, 09:02 PM

14,775 posts, read 8,106,589 times
Mod cut: Quoted post deleted.

Hey, maybe you can date yourself then!

Lol, I think I might see why you are having issues!

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-11-2015 at 09:27 PM..

Old 08-09-2015, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
Hey, maybe you can date yourself then!

Lol, I think I might see why you are having issues!

didn't you just say most couples are about equal in attractiveness?

and I already have sex with myself way too much already, I don't think dating myself would help things out

Old 08-09-2015, 09:14 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantleygilbert View Post
didn't you just say most couples are about equal in attractiveness?

and I already have sex with myself way too much already, I don't think dating myself would help things out
Love the one you're with.

Old 08-09-2015, 09:17 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,355,886 times
Thread/topic brought this to mind:
Attached Thumbnails
How Do You Train Yourself To Have Mediocre Standards?-800px-narcissus-caravaggio_-1594-96-_edited.jpg  

Old 08-09-2015, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tia 914 View Post
Thread/topic brought this to mind:

narcissists don't think they're 7s, they think they're 100/10s

I'm just a normal dude who puts in a real concentrated effort to look good, that's all I'm asking for in a female companion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships