Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 03:25 PM

2,306 posts, read 1,703,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan123 View Post
Even knowing it was a satire, it made for a disturbing read.
I know, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksalot View Post
It has everything to do with money. The woman wants to know how much he earns and how much of that he's willing to flaunt on her. In the modern world, however, where men theoretically are no longer expected to be the "bread winner" and many women earn more than men, this old dating dynamic still persists. Seems to me that I'm not the one who can't "get over it".
But the OP said he *is* willing to spend money on other things out (shows, concerts, etc), and that stuff is easily more expensive than dinner out (depending on where you go). So it's really not about money in this case because he was willing to flaunt it so to speak.

Sure some women out there are interested in money, that's a give. The term gold digger exists other than for mining reasons. But it's kind of extreme to think every time a woman doesn't like a guy it's about money. There are other reasons women are interested (and not interested) in men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2015, 03:35 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
When I think of politics and eating choices, I think of "A Modest Proposal."
Huh. Adding this to my reading list.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-12-2015, 03:40 PM

Quote:
It has everything to do with money. The woman wants to know how much he earns and how much of that he's willing to flaunt on her. In the modern world, however, where men theoretically are no longer expected to be the "bread winner" and many women earn more than men, this old dating dynamic still persists. Seems to me that I'm not the one who can't "get over it".

You can keep banging your man part on the table demanding to be heard, but the majority the US is going to date traditionally. That has nothing to with women wanting equal pay for equal work, or the right to vote.

If you insist upon finding "fault" then apply it to both men and women. Most guys I dated were pretty insistent about paying.

Old 08-12-2015, 04:15 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:

I have very rarely met any of these women in 25 years of dating / relationships. They don't last long when I rarely do.

Old 08-12-2015, 04:35 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,711,627 times
Quote:
All that from a potentially 2 hour dinner outing? Wow.

And here I thought that a first dinner with someone was exactly that. A first dinner. To see if there may be an interest for a second dinner....

Old 08-12-2015, 04:51 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
You seem to be one of a few who can't get past those types, to meet all the women who don't care about that, and make their own money. Maybe you should relocate to a more progressive region. You seem stuck in a rut.

Old 08-12-2015, 05:00 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,118,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
I honestly think everyone is reading a lot into this. She probably just wasn't interested in him. Now, like so many others, he's trying to rationalize why and has come up with what appears to be a reason.

Just forget about her, it was only one date anyway. It didn't work out, she's not interested, time for the OP to go find someone else (and I again think if you love cooking, a cooking class is a great way to meet women who share your passion).
That is a horrible idea, then they would be competing all the time. he needs a woman that loves home cooked meals, but can barely boil water herself.

Old 08-12-2015, 05:05 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,101,447 times
There are many couples with relationships jump started from a mutual interest; sports, crafts, hobbies, etc. Competition doesn't necessarily become a relationship hindrance nor even becomes a factor in their relationship.

Often someone who loves the cook is also the person that can appreciate it the most.

Old 08-12-2015, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
There are many couples with relationships jump started from a mutual interest; sports, crafts, hobbies, etc. Competition doesn't necessarily become a relationship hindrance nor even becomes a factor in their relationship.
Yeah, I didn't get that either. My husband and I are competitive on a lot of things, it's one of the bests parts of our relationship.

Old 08-12-2015, 05:10 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphorx View Post
That is a horrible idea, then they would be competing all the time. he needs a woman that loves home cooked meals, but can barely boil water herself.
Why would they be competing? Whatever happened to sharing?

BlueCanary is right; it was only one date. Why would it be such a big deal to the OP? Maybe because he thought she'd enjoyed the dinner, so he got pumped for a 2nd date? Anyone who gets thrown this easily by a "thank you, but we just didn't click", isn't cut out for dating. The OP seems to have more issues than not wanting to eat out, and germophobia.

I wonder--could this be the same guy who posted a list of all the reasons he's been "rejected" by women after a first date?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships