Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2015, 09:07 AM

64 posts, read 54,162 times

Advertisements

Id rather spend money on something like concert tickets then dinner
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2015, 09:08 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,037,189 times
She feels differently. So yes, that is "legit".

Old 08-11-2015, 09:10 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,199,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markzomby View Post
But I have no problem going out in public lol.i just enjoy cooking
And that's great! Heck, a lot of women would appreciate that. I certainly would. I can count the number of times my last man cooked for me, it was usually breakfast, and that's pretty bad considering we were together for 7 years. After that long, one should not be able to recall every instance because they were so rare.

But I wouldn't want to dine in every meal--especially because my own little "rule" is that if one person cooks, the other does the dishes and I cannot stand doing clean-up after a meal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
It's truly a mixed bag in the end. For every person that would prefer to eat out, there's another person that prefers to eat in. Maybe this woman stood her ground on every guy she ever was somewhat interested in that offered to cook for her for a date and she declined. None of us have the answer to that question.

What answer we do have is that she wasn't comfortable with him cooking. The only issue I have with her answer is that she didn't offer a rebuttal. I think she was a bit premature to call the situation off so early. Start paying attention to how people call things off with another person, and you'll start to realize how rigid people truly can be.

She called off pursuing something with you over something rather minor. She could have easily said that she's not comfortable with staying in and you cooking, but give it some time and I'll get there. To immediately call things off just lets me know she had other irons in the fire, or her coming to your place for a first date is an absolute dealbreaker scenario for her.
Ah, but if he never wanted to go out, isn't that rigid, too?

And I'll be honest, if sexist here: When men cook, more often than not, they don't take into consideration some of the things women might be more likely to, namely how fattening something is. I don't know this woman from Eve, but if she's anything like me, sometimes she just wants soup and a salad.

I don't feel comfortable having someone cook for me in the first few dates, either, truth be told. Not sure how he could know enough about my lifestyle to do so successfully--no meat or fried foods, very little pasta, dairy, or egg, no bread, and for the love of all that is holy, save the beans until we know each other REALLY well.

Old 08-11-2015, 09:14 AM

11,865 posts, read 16,998,989 times
Quote:

she asked where i like to eat out at and i told her"i dont really eat out"
This has got to be a joke...

lol.

Old 08-11-2015, 09:15 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,607,365 times
Quote:
i'd rather cook for a date then go out to eat

i love cooking. i can make what i want, i know its clean, and where its coming from

and its cheaper

i cooked for this one girl on a date and she liked it

she asked where i like to eat out at and i told her"i dont really eat out. i'd rather just cook my own meals. i enjoy it"

she then texted me the next day saying it wouldnt work out because she likes to go out.

is that legit?
You might be able to make what you want, but you probably can't make what I want, so I too would prefer someone who doesn't mind going out to eat every now and then.

Old 08-11-2015, 09:21 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,703,072 times
I honestly think everyone is reading a lot into this. She probably just wasn't interested in him. Now, like so many others, he's trying to rationalize why and has come up with what appears to be a reason.

Just forget about her, it was only one date anyway. It didn't work out, she's not interested, time for the OP to go find someone else (and I again think if you love cooking, a cooking class is a great way to meet women who share your passion).

Old 08-11-2015, 09:37 AM

4,829 posts, read 4,283,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
And that's great! Heck, a lot of women would appreciate that. I certainly would. I can count the number of times my last man cooked for me, it was usually breakfast, and that's pretty bad considering we were together for 7 years. After that long, one should not be able to recall every instance because they were so rare.

But I wouldn't want to dine in every meal--especially because my own little "rule" is that if one person cooks, the other does the dishes and I cannot stand doing clean-up after a meal.

Ah, but if he never wanted to go out, isn't that rigid, too?

And I'll be honest, if sexist here: When men cook, more often than not, they don't take into consideration some of the things women might be more likely to, namely how fattening something is. I don't know this woman from Eve, but if she's anything like me, sometimes she just wants soup and a salad.

I don't feel comfortable having someone cook for me in the first few dates, either, truth be told. Not sure how he could know enough about my lifestyle to do so successfully--no meat or fried foods, very little pasta, dairy, or egg, no bread, and for the love of all that is holy, save the beans until we know each other REALLY well.
The best way to get around a finicky food list is to ask the person what's the 3 things you can eat on a daily basis that you don't get tired of and what's 2 things you would like as special occasion meals?

There you have it. You have successfully worked around planning a meal at home for a person you don't know very well. To me, eating habits aren't something overly personal, so I've never seen the problem in sharing them. Everyone is different obviously, but there's ways to work around someone who has a selective palette. It also gives the cook the opportunity to back up his/her cooking abilities as well.

I think I'm a pretty good cook and I like to show off my skills often.

Old 08-11-2015, 09:51 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,096,890 times
Maybe take some cooking classes locally... a good place to meet people who also enjoy cooking.

Old 08-11-2015, 09:52 AM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Eating out is more about the atmosphere, wine / drink selection, being able to choose your meal, try something new.

You may be a good cook, and your "pasta primavera" might be quite tasty, but sitting around in your apartment is not the same as a well lit restaurant with entertainment, when I was really in the mood for chicken and a creme brulee, followed by stopping in that quaint little bar that is famous for it's mojitos.

I like my cooking, I cook healthy and eat clean most of the time, but still enjoy going out and eating. To me dating is more fun out. It gives you something to talk about: the food, the drinks, and "OMG can believe that woman over their in the acrylic heels and church hat?!!". In general it makes the date easier.

You sound a little rigid about the whole thing, but to each their own.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-11-2015, 10:02 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,125,992 times
Or perhaps she didn't like your cooking?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships