Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 07:50 AM

971 posts, read 688,648 times

Advertisements

At 55, being in love is just as important as when I was 35. I don't feel 55. I loved coming home to a wife and kids at the end of a long hard day and enjoyed waking up with them. After divorce, coming home to an empty house and my good old dog, it just wasn't the same. Waking up to just me and the dog is just not the same. I like being needed and in love. The "need" or whatever hasn't decreased for me. It's just finding someone who is "normal" and wants the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2015, 08:05 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
no you are confusing old age with marriage.

yeah, I agree with that. I think love can be different when you are older - maybe more healthy. You love "better" and less desperate because you know better who and what is good for you.

Old 08-14-2015, 08:53 AM

37,607 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I understand the OP point, the older I get the less important having someone in my life has become.

Ever since I was 16 I have had one woman or another in my life........girl friends and a wife. But I have been divorced for 17 years and broke up with my last GF about 8 years ago, and REALLY am not looking and have no desire to get into another relationship.

I LOVE my freedom now, no one to answer to or to worry about. I get up when I want, go to bed when I want, spend my money on what I want, and all that good stuff.

Don
This is SO true for me. I love my BF, but honestly I cannot fathom ever living with him, or any other man for that matter. I just don't want to give up my own routines and independence. If I want to take off to go somewhere, I do...whether he wants to go or not. If I want to spend 4 hours in a damn mall mindlessly shopping (granted I rarely do that, but occasionally the girl comes out in me!!) I can. I hate the "where are you going what time will you be back" routine. I guess it's just a function of me having lived on my own for so long. But that's me, and it sure ain't changing now.

Old 08-14-2015, 09:03 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,702,861 times
45 here. I haven't lost my ability to love, I still got it. Then again, I also don't let thing get me down or get me down too much. I still like sex too. Never gets boring as it's different with each person.

I will say I need someone in my life a lot less than I did when younger. But I still want someone in my life. It's the icing on my cake of life, the gravy on the biscuits of life, the cream in my coffee (and yeah, it's getting close to my lunchtime).

I will say that I enjoy my freedom. I have no desire to marry, but I do want someone in my life to share life with... a companion, friend, and lover rolled into one. I currently have that and it's a good thing.

Old 08-14-2015, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
I will say I need someone in my life a lot less than I did when younger. But I still want someone in my life. It's the icing on my cake of life, the gravy on the biscuits of life, the cream in my coffee (and yeah, it's getting close to my lunchtime).

I will say that I enjoy my freedom. I have no desire to marry, but I do want someone in my life to share life with... a companion, friend, and lover rolled into one. I currently have that and it's a good thing.
LOL!!

Old 08-14-2015, 10:31 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,913,300 times
No surprise. Hormone levels drop as you get older.

Old 08-14-2015, 08:13 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsdad View Post
At 55, being in love is just as important as when I was 35. I don't feel 55. I loved coming home to a wife and kids at the end of a long hard day and enjoyed waking up with them. After divorce, coming home to an empty house and my good old dog, it just wasn't the same. Waking up to just me and the dog is just not the same. I like being needed and in love. The "need" or whatever hasn't decreased for me. It's just finding someone who is "normal" and wants the same.
That's what my husband mentioned when he got divorced. He hated the quiet house.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-14-2015, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
That's what my husband mentioned when he got divorced. He hated the quiet house.
And I love my quiet house. We are all so different.

Of course, I also love when my son is home from college and has a bunch of buddies over. But that's my only exception to my love of a calm and quiet house.

Old 08-14-2015, 08:55 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
And I love my quiet house. We are all so different.

Of course, I also love when my son is home from college and has a bunch of buddies over. But that's my only exception to my love of a calm and quiet house.
That's me. I can entertain myself for hours, and enjoy the silence. I'm home now full time, the TV is never on and I just go about my day doing stuff. It's bliss.

I'm too introverted. Had a slumber party last weekend with two of my best friends, who I love, and a party tomorrow for about 35, meetings and calls in between. I'm over my limit.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships