Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 01:11 PM

645 posts, read 750,033 times

Advertisements

I have seen this a lot especially nowadays where the women works every day and supports the household while the lazy bum husband/boyfriend stays home doing nothing and wont work..i was brought up in a home where my dad and brother worked there butts off non stop to provide for their families and still do never looking towards a female for financial support.....so what gives? why would a woman be so stupid as to support a grown ass man? I can understand sometimes a spouse may get injured or get laid off temporarily but to just never work because they don't want to? that just seems like a complete loser good for nothing scumbag to me not a man and why would a woman be with someone like that? my neighbor across the street is with a guy like that..she works every day to support her and her 3 kids and her loser husband/bf or whatever the hell he is just hangs out in the front yard all day and night messing with his piece of **** cars and smoking he looks perfectly healthy enough to be working....I don't get it? do these females have low self esteems or something? I would never eva eva support a man oh hell no!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2015, 01:18 PM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
What difference does it make who the breadwinner is. Could be the husband, could be the wife, could be both. I would not mind being the breadwinner with a partner who took care of all the domestic stuff to make my life easier. I would draw the line at having a mate who did nothing tho.

IDK, maybe the guy has a magic dumb stick.
My brothers first wife wouldn't work or do anything at home and mom asked him if his wife had a golden p...y.

Old 08-14-2015, 01:21 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,436,891 times
why do women stay with and support men who dont work?

Being too desperate and not valuing themselves enough!

Old 08-14-2015, 01:25 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by froglipz View Post
why do women stay with and support men who dont work?

Being too desperate and not valuing themselves enough!
Yep, mistery and thread ended!

Old 08-14-2015, 01:39 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times
Hock that golden..... Anyways!!

I see guys riding shotgun while the girl gets out and pumps the gas. What's that?

Women's Lib I guess.

Old 08-14-2015, 01:44 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
I doubt, anybody is at gun point in these atrocious women supporting men relationships.

Old 08-14-2015, 01:50 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reen79 View Post
I have seen this a lot especially nowadays where the women works every day and supports the household while the lazy bum husband/boyfriend stays home doing nothing and wont work..i was brought up in a home where my dad and brother worked there butts off non stop to provide for their families and still do never looking towards a female for financial support.....so what gives? why would a woman be so stupid as to support a grown ass man? I can understand sometimes a spouse may get injured or get laid off temporarily but to just never work because they don't want to? that just seems like a complete loser good for nothing scumbag to me not a man and why would a woman be with someone like that? my neighbor across the street is with a guy like that..she works every day to support her and her 3 kids and her loser husband/bf or whatever the hell he is just hangs out in the front yard all day and night messing with his piece of **** cars and smoking he looks perfectly healthy enough to be working....I don't get it? do these females have low self esteems or something? I would never eva eva support a man oh hell no!!
Probably the same reasons there are men who support women who don't work. Some households require a single income, some require a double income. Some households reap other benefits out of having a spouse who stays home. Some partners temporarily support the other partner while he or she is pursuing something like schooling. Some people are getting a free ride, and if everyone involved is okay with that, there's really nothing left to be said about it, all parties found something that works for them. If somebody's not happy with their situation, it's on them to address it with their partner. This is true regardless of who is the source of the primary income.

It's your own personal call to say, "I would never eva eva support a man oh hell no!" I assume that means you'd never eva eva expect a man to support you, either, though.

Old 08-14-2015, 01:52 PM

930 posts, read 700,137 times
If they are happy, then why does it matter?

Where was the rule written that man or woman had to play this or that role?

Over time, men have supported women, and vice versa. Who cares who's doing the supporting as long as the couple is happy with the arrangement?

Plain and simple, if they are unhappy, because they feel like they aren't getting any support in the relationship, they should do something about that. They need to take some initiative.

Old 08-14-2015, 01:56 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,249,853 times
Women are stupid for supporting their family or love ones?

Old 08-14-2015, 01:56 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,994,999 times
My brother stays home while his wife works. She makes six figures, so there's no financial reason for him to work. He takes care of the house and makes sure their daughter gets to and from school and does her homework.

To an outsider, I'm sure he looks like a bum, but his wife is the one who suggested the arrangement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships