Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2015, 05:51 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
His efforts appear to consist of:

-posting on numerous forums sad sacking about how dating is mystifyingly impossible for him, despite his good looks, cash, charisma, reportedly high approval ratings by older coworkers and customers who buy cars from him, and well-connected peers.

-interacting briefly with a waitress he remembers from high school, and deeming her uninterested in him based on a brief casual interaction while she was on the clock.

-watching his buddies, who are apparently extras from Swingers, churn through and endless stream of one-and-dones with random women, and bemoaning the fact that they "get women" even though they are horrible people - no, great guys he'd do anything for - no, horrible people - and he does not.
Yes. That's what I've got in my notes, too.

Seems like the all-important "I asked a girl I thought was cute out for a date and here is the outcome of that interaction" component is totally absent.

Which, without that portion, renders all of us unable to offer meaningful advice beyond "go ask someone out."

Old 08-16-2015, 07:04 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
be glad you have had a girlfriend before OP, I assume you have had one before
so I take it OP, you've only had affairs with 40-something women, that's the only way you have gotten sexual with women, just never a girlfriend
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2015, 08:59 PM

837 posts, read 753,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
so I take it OP, you've only had affairs with 40-something women, that's the only way you have gotten sexual with women, just never a girlfriend

I've had sex with a 29 year old, a 35 year old and a couple 40 year olds

None of them were attractive or dating material. Funny enough, the most attractive one in the group was the oldest -a 45 year old blonde woman with a GREAT body but obviously I can't seriously date somebody that much older than me

all of them hit on me and thought I was gorgeous and what not.

Old 08-16-2015, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
That, or comes from a culture where his parents, most likely his mom, thinks the sun rises and sets on her son and now he thinks everyone should feel that way about him too.

He won't even approach a woman and I get visions of him walking into a room and thinking he has done his part by showing up, and that women should be flocking to his side to adore him like his family does.

you're insulting my family with this garbage

Yes, my mom loves me but my family has always taught me that I should be the hardest worker to be the best one at anything in the room. I'm actually ferociously driven in every part of my life...I don't take anything for granted because we were poor growing up.

Old 08-16-2015, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Yes. That's what I've got in my notes, too.

Seems like the all-important "I asked a girl I thought was cute out for a date and here is the outcome of that interaction" component is totally absent.

Which, without that portion, renders all of us unable to offer meaningful advice beyond "go ask someone out."

you want the honest truth?

I've had real opportunities in my life in the past that I ruined by trying way too hard/being too desperate/etc... I know now how to act around women - I know I have to be friendly, completely independent from the outcome, natural, smooth etc... but I don't get the natural opportunities that I used to get so I have to cold approach. The cold approach is incredibly hard for me, beyond hard. All I see is the million obstacles in the way.

The closest thing to a natural opportunity would be like the waitress from my high school but obviously she wanted nothing to do with me.

Old 08-16-2015, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Affirmative. His looks should not be holding up his dating efforts at all. Has zero to do with straight out looks.

I'm going to have a professional take some pics of me in a month or two. I just don't know how to pose or look normal in pics so I always look so much worse than real life.

You will see that I'm about a 7-8/10 realistically speaking in real life. Obviously I'm no male model but I would say I'm well above average

Old 08-16-2015, 09:19 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,225,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantleygilbert View Post
you want the honest truth?

I've had real opportunities in my life in the past that I ruined by trying way too hard/being too desperate/etc... I know now how to act around women - I know I have to be friendly, completely independent from the outcome, natural, smooth etc... but I don't get the natural opportunities that I used to get so I have to cold approach. The cold approach is incredibly hard for me, beyond hard. All I see is the million obstacles in the way.

The closest thing to a natural opportunity would be like the waitress from my high school but obviously she wanted nothing to do with me.
If that were the case, you wouldn't be an ongoing joke, not only here, but every other forum you get clowned on from.

Old 08-16-2015, 09:20 PM

Quote:
I'm going to have a professional take some pics of me in a month or two. I just don't know how to pose or look normal in pics so I always look so much worse than real life.

You will see that I'm about a 7-8/10 realistically speaking in real life. Obviously I'm no male model but I would say I'm well above average
LOL at you getting pics, but, if it is indeed from a professional, you won't have to worry about that, they will tell you exactly what to do. I bet the FIRST thing they will tell you is to smile, and stop looking like you are going to murder the camera.

Old 08-16-2015, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
LOL at you getting pics, but, if it is indeed from a professional, you won't have to worry about that, they will tell you exactly what to do. I bet the FIRST thing they will tell you is to smile, and stop looking like you are going to murder the camera.

I know

I do have a pretty smile so hopefully that will come across well. I have near perfect white teeth (thanks mom and dad )

Old 08-16-2015, 09:27 PM

Quote:
I know

I do have a pretty smile so hopefully that will come across well. I have near perfect white teeth (thanks mom and dad )
Of course you would take the opportunity to yet again, brag about yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships