Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2015, 09:18 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,495,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by markzomby View Post
what if say you live 30 miles away but you agree to a dat ethe next week. do you continue talking for that week?
You already lost. Should have made a date for that night...definitely not a week later. Count yourself lucky if you are remembered a week later, because she will have found another guy for every night until then, if she chooses to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2015, 09:33 PM

957 posts, read 1,059,975 times
About 3-6 messages then I ask to meet up.

If she declines or wants to message more I lose interest. I've talked to women through text and phone for weeks before meeting just to find out we don't mesh in real life.

Let's say I message her on Monday, small chat and I ask her out for drinks, she's busy till the weekend so I don't message her again until Thursday - Friday to ask if we're still on, at that point I usually ask go exchange phone numbers, then confirm the date the date the day of the date.

It's dumb to waste time chatting before you meet, IMO. It just sets the bar too high.

Old 08-20-2015, 09:38 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,815,517 times
I would always talk extensively with someone before agreeing to meet them.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-20-2015, 09:40 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,966,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallV84 View Post
About 3-6 messages then I ask to meet up.

If she declines or wants to message more I lose interest. I've talked to women through text and phone for weeks before meeting just to find out we don't mesh in real life.

Let's say I message her on Monday, small chat and I ask her out for drinks, she's busy till the weekend so I don't message her again until Thursday - Friday to ask if we're still on, at that point I usually ask go exchange phone numbers, then confirm the date the date the day of the date.
It's dumb to waste time chatting before you meet, IMO. It just sets the bar too high.
Disagree. I find out quite a bit, and sometimes enough to know that I don't even want to meet.
Phone conversations are absolutely critical, for me, before I meet someone. Has nothing to do with "setting a bar". That sounds like a problem with you.

Old 08-20-2015, 09:42 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,209,083 times
It is a dating site, not a networking or chat site. I tell them I want to meet them in the first message, I suppose some women are turned off by that, but those women would eventually find some other reason to exclude me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships