Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 10:51 PM

5 posts, read 3,255 times

Advertisements

I used to talk to this guy every single day for 5-6 hours. He always texts me first and we will talk about everything.

We have some small issues in between and at one point, I cut him out of my life for a week.

He texted me first and we started talking again. However he's acting really weird. For example, he will text me every single day, but when I reply back instantly, he will reply 15-30 minutes later. Why would you even text me then, right?

I think that he might be talking to other people (he talks to other girls), which I really don't care about. It's just rude to text someone and reply slow. I mean, if someone wants to talk to you, they will find time right?

Background: We go to the same college and he's a recently graduated college student, and is working as a photographer for around 20/hrs a week. He can't be that busy, can he? He's not looking for any job until September since he wanted a small break before finding a job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2015, 10:58 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,426,535 times
I'm going to start a thread called "Girls and impatience".

Just because you're already staring at your phone on facebook, ready to reply to everything instantly, doesn't mean he is.

Old 08-17-2015, 11:02 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Lol.

I've had women go apesh*t if I didn't respond quicker than the speed of light.

Old 08-17-2015, 11:10 PM

75 posts, read 57,439 times
He is texting you right? Like he must like you. Texting has ruined relationships. It's like you have to be on call 24/7. Sometimes you have **** to do, places to be. Maybe he is in the car???? Sheeesh.

By the way, I am A GIRL and I get the same crap from guys when I don't answer right away. I had to turn the read receipt off because I get it quoted back to me that I read the text and didn't respond until later.

People need to relax.

Old 08-17-2015, 11:14 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,525,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGirl91 View Post
I used to talk to this guy every single day for 5-6 hours. He always texts me first and we will talk about everything.

We have some small issues in between and at one point, I cut him out of my life for a week.

He texted me first and we started talking again. However he's acting really weird. For example, he will text me every single day, but when I reply back instantly, he will reply 15-30 minutes later. Why would you even text me then, right?

I think that he might be talking to other people (he talks to other girls), which I really don't care about. It's just rude to text someone and reply slow. I mean, if someone wants to talk to you, they will find time right?

Background: We go to the same college and he's a recently graduated college student, and is working as a photographer for around 20/hrs a week. He can't be that busy, can he? He's not looking for any job until September since he wanted a small break before finding a job.
Maybe he has moved on but as it was you that cut him out you can't really blame him surely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post

Just because you're already staring at your phone on facebook, ready to reply to everything instantly, doesn't mean he is.

Old 08-17-2015, 11:29 PM

I don't need and expect him to reply instantly, but knowing that someone is on their phone and it takes 1 sec to reply is a different story.

Old 08-17-2015, 11:34 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,426,535 times
Quote:
I don't need and expect him to reply instantly, but knowing that someone is on their phone and it takes 1 sec to reply is a different story.
So what's the problem?

You DON'T know he is on his phone. Not everybody latches on to these things like their lives depend on it.

Old 08-17-2015, 11:38 PM

75 posts, read 57,439 times
Quote:
Ummm you are contradicting yourself. You first say I don't need him to reply instantly but then say it only takes 1 second to reply. You are really needy. Why not just go with the flow and enjoy it. Don't sit around waiting for the text, do something. 20 years ago one phone call from your guy was a cool thing.

Old 08-17-2015, 11:39 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,112,822 times
Quote:
But it seems like you do.... 15-30 minutes is not very long, at all

Old 08-17-2015, 11:43 PM

He used to reply really fast and now it feels like he does not want to talk to me as much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships