Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2015, 05:35 PM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post
I read it like she wanted more info about you by text before the meet and she said so, but you brushed this aside saying you'd rather talk in person. You wanted things to go your way. So you didn't "hear" her.
Definitely agree with the above, but I am a female.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2015, 05:50 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,915 times
Some people don't like meeting immediately. What I see from the exchange is that she told this to you- outright- and you chose to disregard it.

You didn't want to waste your time with someone who didn't want to meet immediately. She didn't want to meet immediately. You were not compatible. What else is there to be said? Why the need for the rant about it?

Old 08-20-2015, 05:59 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,390,617 times
I will say that this is THE most stressful time for school teachers. Getting ready for the school year is brutal and she is probably at school all weekend until late evening. It's similar to tax season for accountants.

I think you handled it fine OP, but her weirdness right now might be related to normal beginning of the year stress.

Old 08-20-2015, 06:10 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,799,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
I will say that this is THE most stressful time for school teachers. Getting ready for the school year is brutal and she is probably at school all weekend until late evening. It's similar to tax season for accountants.

I think you handled it fine OP, but her weirdness right now might be related to normal beginning of the year stress.
I'll second this.

Old 08-20-2015, 06:16 PM

48,530 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Good call.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-20-2015, 07:07 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,910,427 times
Hypergamy

Old 08-20-2015, 07:14 PM

513 posts, read 429,271 times
You said what you needed/wanted to say without being harsh in any way. Not many people can speak with wisdom, sincerity or say what they want to say. Very respectful. As long as you're content, that's all that matters.

Old 08-20-2015, 07:25 PM

1,178 posts, read 1,360,784 times
One possibility: She had reservations after she met you about whether she wanted to see you or not. If she was that impressed and she was really attracted to you, possibly she would have been more eager to see you. She was stalling and/or really did want to get to know you to see if you had more to offer her than she originally thought.

Another possibility: She doesn't want you to waste her time either. It takes a lot longer to plan a date, get ready for it, drive to the place, meet with whoever, drive back from the date. At least for most women as we spend a good while getting ready for someone who may just turn out to be the man of our dreams.

You sound extremely impatient to me. She did explain she was not really comfortable with the speed dating and that she wanted to get to know more about you. If she wasn't interested at all, she wouldn't have responded at all, possibly blocked you from contacting her or abruptly cut you off. You think this is "lame"?????

I think she is wise and by your posting response, I believe that she made the right decision to want to get to know you better. She dodged a bullet.

Old 08-20-2015, 07:27 PM

48,530 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydive outlaw View Post
hypergamy

shots!!!!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-20-2015, 07:43 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times
I tend to think you weren't compatible, but I also think she may have been asking questions as a refresher to who you are, since you met at a speed-dating event. She wanted to know more about you and you didn't want to share and insisted you should meet up, and she's busy at the moment with back to school school prep. She then offered to meet at Starbucks, at which point you changed your mind about meeting at all. Nothing really wrong from either side, but I think this could have gone differently too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships